Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Well, back from the fitting... first of all the fitter said that to replace the eyelet corset with a loop and ribbon corset, it would cost £175 :shock: That was added to shortening the front of the dress = £55 and also making the train so it could be attached to the back of the dress in a kind of bustle thingie = £30, so the alterations were going to cost £255 :shock: :shock:
I almost fainted on the spot when she said that!! :haha:
But she saw my face drop and then asked me to try on a corset type thingie to synch me in a bit more round the middle. I did this (it was a small size too!) and she laced up the back again and bingo! It fitted! Well... it needs a bigger modesty panel but we all knew that anyways! :rofl: Tbh, this is something I can do myself as I can be quite handy wiv a sewing machine so I've decided to get a waist syncher/girdle type thing, and do the panel myself, it's easy enough! :D As for taking the dress up at the front.. I never really gave that any thought as I thought the length was just right with my 4 inch heels lol, and I'm not fussed about my train being put up into a bustle for the evening as it already has a wrist loop if it gets in my way :thumbup:

Ooo and I got my boosting strapless bra, £28 in La Senza :thumbup:

Yikes £225 :shock:

So glad she made the suggestion of a corset :happydance: I bet it's going to look amazing once you've finished with the alterations

do it yourself hun and save a bundle!

My alterations were only £15! :shock:

Blimey! That's a bargain! Yup I will definately do them myself :thumbup:

That's pretty steep! Glad you can do it yourself though!

Lol me too Tiff! I've already bought the fabric I need.. wasnt sure if my dress is cream or ivory (it's supposed to be cream :shrug:) so I bought a square metre in both lol, and bought some ivory organza to sew over the top so it looks like the rest of the material on the bodice :thumbup: I think this will be pretty easy and look great when it's done :)

Bloody hell that was steep! Glad she suggested the corset! I'm sure with the modesty panel it will look ace :D I wish I was a whizz on the sewing machine!

think i'm new to stalking but deffo sounds like it pays to be crafty that alteration price is madness

Haha I'll take step by step and before and after pics :haha:

My crinoline hoopless petticoat arrived this morning..havent tried it on under my dress yet because I want to wait till my girdle thingie comes and try it all on together :thumbup: But the petticoat is very puffy, without being over the top... I've put my 4 hoop/5 tier one on Ebay lol as tbh, it really is too big and flouncy :haha:
My frilly wedding knickers also arrived this morning.. very cute!

Ooo and the top I'd orderd for my 80's themed hen night also came... as a Wham! fan back in the 80's, I LOVE this top!! I have also ordered a hot pink tutu with hot pink legwarmers and netted fingerless gloves... I'm intending on wearing hot pink heels with all this too and spiking my short blonde hair into a Roxette style :thumbup: Just over 3 weeks till my hen night!!!! :happydance:

:wohoo: Yay for your stuff coming in, that's awesome. :thumbup:

Aaaagh can't believe its time to start thinking that its OUR turn, eh hun? I keep thinking how my bridal shower is in 2 and a half weeks, my bachelorette is almost a month away, aaaagh!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

The lining material came today and also my girdle... the girdle is crap lol! It has no support so every time I sit down it rolls up off my hips and ends up being more like a belt :haha: So I think I'll send it back and then I'll wait for a couple more weeks, and see how much weight I can lose between now and then!
The only other part I'm waiting on now is the organza to go over the modesty panel so it'll match the rest of the dress a little more accurately. I cant wait to get started lol!

Also the flower girls red flowery clips arrived today .. I'd originally bought some in ivory but have since decided that their accessories should be red seeing as the bridesmaid will be in red with ivory accessories.. they're so cute!!

those accessories sound fab :thumbup:

sorry about the girdle being a pain in the backside :( hope you don't need to buy another one :thumbup: but if you do, hope it's a lot better than this one xx

Mynx, are you getting nervous now its like 6 weeks to go? Im crapping myself, and still have tons left to do! :haha: love the knickers!

I'm not nervous at all yet :D I'm getting more and more excited tho as the days go by :haha: If anything, I'll be a nervous wreck the day before and the morning of the wedding but more because I'll be worried about stuff going wrong!

Evie's poorly tonight.. she has a cold and woke up with a really high temp at about 11 :( She's now dosed up on Calpol and is currently sitting on her Daddy's lap having a story read to her, but 5 minutes ago she was chasing the cat round the front room giggling her head off.. me thinks the Calpol has kicked in :haha:

After many days of being back in bad eating habits, tomorrow I'll be back to the healthy way! Lots of water and smaller portions and no snacking! No exercise this week either so I'll dredge out the Wii Just Dance 2 and have a good session on that.. back to doing that every day I think :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->