Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Thanks girls.. that's my mind up then :) Elisha will be giving me away.. bet she'll be quite relieved :haha:
Nik I still want you to be one of the witnesses tho if you dont mind :)

I think its your wedding and whatever it is that you want you should do. :hugs: To have your daughter give you away is very special! I'm so sorry about your Dad though, my heart is breaking for you both! :cry:

Oh my gosh. DAYS hun!!! You can talk about your upcoming wedding in DAYS. :shock: :wohoo:

Eeee!! I know!! :wohoo: It's really hitting home now how close it is!
Now I have to change the details on the table plan, so I'll be tackling that tonight. I've phoned the venue so they can let the catering know that there's 2 people short now.. I did think about getting 2 others to take my dad and his wife's places, but tbh, I dont think it would sit right with me iykwim. So I decided that we'd just take their places away.. my Aunt with her husband/other Aunt will be up at the top table instead so that I at least have some family sat there lol!

I'm sorry your dad won't be able to make it mynx :hugs: have you asked the registrar about skype yet?

I think it's lovely that your daughter will be walking you down the aisle :flower:

xxx

Thanks girls.. that's my mind up then :) Elisha will be giving me away.. bet she'll be quite relieved :haha:
Nik I still want you to be one of the witnesses tho if you dont mind :)

Of course, you just let me know what I you want me to do and I'll do it :winkwink: (within reason of course, naked agadoo excluded :p)

We see the registrar on Wednesday so will talk to her then about setting a video call.. I cant see there being a problem tbh tho, so long as the actual signing of the register isnt filmed.

:hugs: Im so sorry your dad can't be there hun :hugs:
I think having your daughter give you away will be lovely xxx

Sorry about your dad doll, my eldest daughter is giving me away, I thnk it's a lovely idea!

Thanks girls, all your best wishes and hugs mean alot to me :hugs:

I tried Evie's flowergirl dress on this morning.. it's still huge on her! It's a 12-18 months and she's a dinky 20 month old but the sizes on these dresses are much bigger! The chest on Evie's dress measures at 24 inches and Evie is only just a 20 inch chest :haha: I knew I was going to have to alter but thankfully it looks like I just need to adjust the straps to pull it up ... I have to say she looked adorable in it! She loved it too lol! Kept saying "Pretty, party" and swishing the skirt around :haha: The flower girl dresses both have an organza layer over the top of the skirt, much like my wedding dress so they're going to match perfectly! Hopefully Jessica's will fit, we'll be trying that on over the weekend when Nikkinoonoo comes over :D

I spoke with Elisha last night when she came home and she said she'd be honoured to give me away.. she welled up when I asked her and gave me a big hug, bless her :) So that's another thing off my mind now.
The table plan will be easy enough to change as well so I'll be doing that over the next couple of weeks. I rang the hotel yesterday to tell them of the changes and they said it was fine. So that's saved us over £100 which means we have the money now to pay for the registrar AND the rest of the venue balance :happydance:
There are silver linings if you look hard enough ;)

YAY! Good to look at the positives Nik, and I know ALL your family will be there with you on the day xXx

I got my dress too Nik :D I put a fota on FB and on my journal xXx

Awwww so glad Evie's dress looks fab :cloud9: and yay for having Elisha give you away :happydance:

So glad you're seeing the silver linings hun :flower:

I think if I dont look for the silver linings, then it'll just bring me down and I dont want that in the lead up to the wedding. I'm pretty calm about things now. For me, it's always the "not knowing" .. I'd rather know what's going and get on with it than be in the dark and wondering!

Off topic slightly so I've put it in a spoiler ...

Took Evie to the hospital today for her opthamologist appointment.. we noticed a couple of months back that she has a squint/lazy eye so she's been having tests today to gauge how bad it is and see how much she can actually see out of the bad eye... seems that her sight is quite limited in her lazy eye so she needs glasses! Not even 21 months old and she needs glasses! Bless her! She hated all the tests.. and the drops that were put in to dilate her pupils.. she screamed :( I hate seeing her like that :( But she soon forgot all about it! We were up there a few hours so tis been a long old day but at least there's something being done about her eye now! She'll be wearing glasses indefinately, but they'll check her sight again in 2 months to see if the glasses are improving it and if they're not then they'll give her a patch to wear over her good eye, to make her lazy eye work better, bless her!

So that was what we did all day and then a good work out at Zumba with Nikkinoonoo, with lots of talk about the hen night!!!! :happydance:

:hugs: my friend's little girl had to wear glasses from that age too hun, she adapted pretty well from what my friend was saying :flower: so sorry the eye drops upset her, poor thing :( glad something is being done about it now though xx

:wohoo: yay for the chat about the hen night, oh and the zumba too lol

Gotta love the Zumba! We're hooked ;) I've even invited the instructors to the hen night cos we get on so well with them :haha:

As for Evie's eye, I'm hoping she'll adapt well to the glasses, but I reckon she'll see it as a game at first and wont wear them very often lol!

ZUMBA!!! Twas a goodun eh :)

She'll look gorgeous in her glasses Nik, as gorgeous as she is without em xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back