Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Thanks hun :) My eldest daughter does too, and I absolutely adore it! :cloud9:

I've come up with a list of what's been done, what needs to be done and what's in progress! I needed to get it all out of my head and off the various scraps of paper laying around :haha:
I'll add to it as and when I think of more stuff lol!

Done/Paid
Notice of Marraige
Registry office Booked
Venue Booked and partly paid for
Venue times sorted
Menu sorted
Colour scheme sorted
Invites - ordered, printed and sent out
RSVPs - some received
Wedding Dress
Bridal Accessories
Groom's Suit
Groom's Accessories
Best Man's Accessories
Flowers and buttonholes
Bridesmaid Accessories
"Photographers" sorted (friends!)
"Chauffeur/car" sorted (friend)
Accomadation for guests booked
Top Table decoration sorted - Venue provides flowers and we've bought something else too ;)
My Wedding Ring
Make up Artist sorted (friend of a friend!)

In Progress :)haha:)
Cakes
Favours
(These are both out of my control as my future MIL and SIL are sorting these out!)
Wedding Schedule (not an official one, but one for my wedding party so we know what we're doing!)
Groom's Speech
My Speech... still not sure about this yet, will decide closer to the time!
Losing Weight to get into my dress!!

Still to Do/Get
Possible alterations to dress?
Bridesmaid dresses/shoes (cant get these till August!! :hissy:)
Table Confetti
Gifts for wedding party and parents
Groom's shoes (he's seen 2 pairs he likes but cant decide! One pair is a gangster spats style :haha:)
Wedding Vows
Music
Jay's Wedding Ring
Busy Bags for kids
Hair Stylist (going to ask my neighbour who does very cheap rates!)

Received Elisha's organza stole and the satin dolly bags :happydance: Getting there slowly now!

Been thinking about music for the wedding and it's been so bloody difficult! Trying to whittle down the songs we like to just a few and picking where they'll be and if they'll be appropriate! Gaah!

Anyways, I have a short list....

Guests coming in - Enya - Caribbean Blue (we both love the Enya sound)

Walking down the Aisle - Havent completely decided yet but it's between instrumental versions of Halo by Beyonce or Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve

Signing the Register - Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder :haha:

Guests Walking Out - Havent really decided on this one yet

First Dance - At Last by Etta James/You Give me Something by James Morrison/You're In My Heart by Rod Stewart - There are more but we're having trouble deciding as we dont have a set "our song"

Dance With Daddy - Isnt she Lovely by Stevie Wonder (I think.. not 100% sure on this, might find something different between now and September :haha:)

Been having a little read of your journal, I'm another stalker now. Don't know how to help with the music sorry - we're having traditional scottish bagpipes at the ceremony and then my OH is in charge of the night time music!! xx

Love your music selections! I changed the one for my Father/Daughter dance, so I can appreciate potentially changing your mind. :rofl: :haha:

My so-called short list got longer once I showed it to Jay :haha:

I'm postive now what I'll be walking down the aisle to ... Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve.. the intro to that song is amazing!

I'm a little worried that my 2 hoop petticoat just wont cut the mustard with my dress ... I'm not sure it's going to fill it out enough, altho I'm sure it probably will, but here's some pics of it .. it already has some tulle and netting underneath but when it's on, it definately needs more "bouffing" out if you know what I mean.. when I put the 2 hoop petticoat on, it helps to bouff it out but I wonder if its enough?

Just looking at the pics (and I appreciate how difficult it is to gauge how much bouff the dress will take!) what do you girls think? Should I get a 3 hoop one? Or one of those extra full hoopless crinoline ones?

Attachments

• P4170075.jpg
    P4170075.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 4
  • P4170077.jpg
    P4170077.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P4120058.jpg
    P4120058.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 8
For this, I have no idea. :( My dress comes with all the crinoline in it. Are there any shops that sell the hoops or crinoline so you can try it on with your dress to see??

Tried my dress on again today so Jay's mum could see it ... she fell in love with it :cloud9: It fitted better too!
I think my idea of corset ribbon instead of the corset laceup stuff will be better and much more comfortable too.. I would then just need to make a wider modesty panel (if needed!) and it'll be perfect! Of course I still want to lose some weight, I think a stone at the very most should do it, but even if I only manage to lose half a stone, then it wont be a problem as I have the situation covered ;)

I got really quite excited today just trying on my dress, and I fell in love with it all over again.. I'd been having a little bit of "dress envy" lately so I think I needed to try it on again ... the 2 hoop petticoat I have is perfect too, now that the corset part can be pulled in a little more, it "pouffs" the skirt out a bit more than before and is gorgeous!!!

ETA - Elisha took a piccie of me in it on her phone earlier so I'm just waiting for her to inbox my Facebook with the pic, so I'll post it here when I have it!

No idea about the hoops hun I am clueless :shrug: sorry! But it looks lovely!

Loving your song choices.

Youa re soooo organised, wanna come and sort mine out? :lol:

We're now having Halo by Beyonce as our first dance :) I made Jay sit down and listen to the lyrics tonight and they're very fitting for how things were with him at the beginning of our relationship :happydance:

Still not totally set on the aisle music yet, I was going to have an instrumental version of Halo but having it twice seems a bit OTT :haha:

I'm sure you'll find something! I can totally understand Halo, its such a beautiful song. :cloud9:

That's what I thought too Tiff.. I'm 100% certain that it's going to make me cry tho :haha:
As for aisle music, I'm now leaning towards either the instrumental of Norah Jones - Dont Know Why or Etta James - At Last. Altho I may still have Bittersweet Symphony Intro and use Etta James for the music as we're leaving the registry office :D

Right.. time for another list ...

Still to Get
Bridesmaid Dress and Shoes
Flower Girls Dresses, shoes and socks
Jay's Shoes
Jay's Ring
Busy Bags
Gifts for the wedding party
Wedding Bubbles
Basket/box to put buttonholes in
Wedding Car ribbons
My wedding makeup + lashes

And that's pretty much it!

Just need to completely settle on the music we want and also to sort out our vows :D

I've decided on some of the gifts now -
Jay - A watch
Bridesmaid - Locket
Flower Girls - Personlised Trinket boxes
Best Man - Personalised Cufflinks or wallet
My Dad - Cufflinks and wallet
Jay's Dad - Cufflinks and wallet
My step mum - Brooch/necklace
Jay's Mum - Brooch/necklace
Jay's sister - Not sure yet
Our friends doing the Photographs - Not sure yet

Most of the wedding party are staying at the hotel on the Friday night so we plan on having them over that evening for a few drinks etc so we might give them their gifts on the Friday night... still not completely decided on that yet because we may end up presenting them during the speeches :shrug:

I'm not familiar with registry weddings, but if you want Bittersweet Symphony to walk down the aisle to then have it! :smug: I am learning that it doesn't matter about traditions so much for me, its what I want! :haha:

Like, I'm not having a church wedding... but I want my cathedral veil. So as long as it goes with my dress I'll have it and to heck with people telling me I can't. :rofl:

I say if you want Bittersweet Symphony then you should go for it too. It's your day, so as Tiff says, it doesn't matter about traditions :thumbup:

I have a bridesmaid dress! :happydance: It's perfect for my very picky 18 year old.. she loves it and so do I :cloud9:

Its a Monsoon "Bexter" dress and altho it's not available in the Monsoon shops anymore, I found a site that was selling it for £160 :shock:
I got it on Ebay for £31!!! Bargain!! Elisha is around a 12-14 at the moment (closer to a 14 tho) and the dress is a size 12 but she wanted to lose some weight anyway, and this way she only needs to drop 1 dress size to get into it :D

Woohoo!!

Attachments

• Monsoon dress.jpg
    Monsoon dress.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members