Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Hoping that all the flowers arrive this week!! Cant wait to see them! I've been waiting for over 2 months for them now, the usual waiting time is 4 weeks according to her Ebay shop but there was a delay due to illness so fingers crossed!

Tried my dress on again today and omg, it looks like I only need to lose 2 inches for the dress to do up properly at the back!
Any ideas on getting rid of back fat anyone? It looks like I have a builders bum poking out the back of my corset :rofl: I'm hoping that will go down tho once I lose a couple more inches :shrug:
Having done Just Dance 2 on the Wii all week and cutting out Cherry coke, vodka, and snacks for the past 3 weeks, I've only lost a few lbs. I'm a little disheartened by this but then again, I suppose losing it slower is better than it dropping off quickly and then going straight back when I stop a day or two of exercising? *sigh*
I am hopeful that if I continue doing the dancing (thinking of going to a Zumba class next week!) and keep the booze and fizzy drinks and snacks out that I'll definatley lose the couple of inches (and maybe more!) that I need!!!
When I tried on the dress, I was looking at the skirt and even with a 2 hooped petticoat and the layers of netting the dress already has, I'm thinking it needs something a little more? I might try adjusting the hoops on the petticoat and see if that makes a difference or I may buy a hoopless crinoline petticoat just to puff out the skirt a little more :shrug:

Unless you are a really teeny tiny minny, corsets have a bad habit of giving you back fat even if you don't really have any there! As you lose weight, it will diminish :thumbup: PLus you can always kinda 'tuck' your back in to your dress (being a bride is not at all glamorous :haha:)

xxx

Hehe thanks hun, I'm only a tad overweight and certainly not a skinny minny! I wish LOL! Havent been skinny since I was in my 20's and even then, I looked unhealthy cos I was too thin!
I hope the back fat diminishes lol cos it's sooo ugly! :haha: But as you say, being a bride isnt glamorous lol.... hey, being a woman isnt glamorous! Stuff we have to go thru eh!

Yeah, I get that too. And the side boob flab that isn't even remotely attractive. My friend and I joke around that the back fat is our "wings". :haha:

Fingers crossed your stuff comes soon!!!!

Bloody back fat! I do like the "wings" analogy tho, might have to use that if I cant get rid of them :haha: Hell, I might even make a feature of it!! :rofl:

Well, my China dress has just gone onto Ebay .. finally parting with it :haha: I'm hoping to get some funds in my PP account so I can get J's shoes and another petticoat for my Tiffany Bridal dress!! :haha:

I'm having a bit of a down day today :(

I dont have alot of family that I actually want at our wedding - most of the family on my Mum's side are complete nutters (and not nutty in a good way either!) so I'd rather them not be there.. besides the fact that we've never been very close with that side of the family over the years... except for my Mum's sister.. my beloved Auntie and her husband.. so they've been invited to the whole day. They live about an hour's drive away so they'd drive down in the morning and drive back in the evening :thumbup: Or so we were hoping...

I had a text off her today saying that they're not sure if they can make the wedding for one reason or another (something to do with her husband not being able to get time off work as all their holiday is taken up for this year) so she's asked me not to save them places at the meal, just in case they cant actually make it :( She also said that if they do manage to sort out time off, then they'd come to the ceremony at 11.30am and then do their own thing for a few hours till the evening reception (7pm!!) So that'll be 7 hours that they're off doing whatever! I really dont like the idea of that happening! There is a restaurant in the hotel we're having the meal and the reception in, so at a push, they could eat in there but at the same time, I really dont like the idea of them having to eat away from us and miss out on the speeches etc :(
I've told her that their places will remain theirs until a fortnight before the wedding when we have to give the hotel final numbers for the meal but in the meantime, I hate not knowing! :hissy:
I'm really upset at this because she's the only person on my Mum's side that I really want there for the whole day. My mum and my brother passed away 5 years ago so family wise, I'll only have my Dad and his wife there if my Aunt doesnt come :cry:
Of course I'll have my 2 girls there and my best friend who has been like a sister to me over the years, and I'm so grateful to them for that, but at the same time, it would have been really nice to have someone there who represents my Mum you know?

Sorry girls, just needed to get it all out as it's been chewing me up all day :cry:

Retail therapy has helped a little *sniff*

I've ordered another petticoat :haha: It's a 4 hooped, 5 tier one which I'm really hoping will fill out the skirt of my dress nicely :thumbup:
Oh and we bought J's wedding ring too :happydance:

sorry to hear that your auntie might not make it to the wedding :hugs: maybe try explaining to her why its so important to you that she's there? she might not realise the way your feeling. hope everything works out

yay for the petticoat and wedding ring though! :thumbup:

I agree, she might not realize how important she is to you. :hugs: I'm sure if you tell her how much it'll mean to you she'll come around. At least, I hope she does! :hugs:

I'll echo what the other ladies have said. Tell her how much it means to you that she is there, and hopefully you'll get a better response :hugs:

Yup I will definatley do that, thanks girls :hugs: Its nice to know I can rely on you all to make me feel better! :hugs: I shall give her a call tonight, hopefully she'll then make an added extra effort to sort something out!

My petticoat arrived today!! :happydance: That's petticoat number 4 :rofl: First 2 were petticoats with a train and they were for the first dress with the long bulky train... so were no good for the China dress that I'd ordered.. so I then ordered a 2 hoop petticoat for the China one which was lovely :) But then of course I found my dream dress and the 2 hooped petticoat wasnt quite right for it!

But this one is GORGEOUS! It's a 4 hooped, 5 tier one and cost me £20 on Ebay and really puffs my dress out beautifully :happydance: I'm so happy with it!

Still havent had a chance to chat with my Aunt yet, but I intend on giving her a call over the weekend when she wont be so busy :thumbup:

Fingers crossed for you that your Aunt can find a way to make it to your wedding, and I'm glad you've finally found your perfect petticoat x

I never thought I'd say this about a petticoat, but that's really pretty :D

Hahah I thought the same thing when I saw it too! And for £20, it was a bargain and looks great under the dress too :thumbup:
When I next try on my dress, I'll take some updated pics with the new petticoat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->