Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

We don't have cable. :haha: We download whatever we want to watch... but I'm obsessed with wedding dresses. I have a serious problem!!! I love them SO much and I can't stop looking at them. Its my fave thing to see when people finally post pictures of their weddings. :haha:

Doesn't it feel great to have stuff checked off the list??? :yipee:

I know what you mean about the wedding dresses! Jay keeps asking why I want to look at yet more dresses when I already have THE dress! He reckons that owning 3 wedding dresses in the last couple of weeks is more than enough for any girl :rofl:

And yes, it feels great to have more stuff checked off! Still feels like loads to do but it's stuff I cant do yet, like the bridesmaid stuff! Damn these kids and their diets or growing!!! :hissy:

:haha:

Trying to get my BMs dresses finished was a nightmare! Between two of them planning their own weddings and being busy (rightfully so, I didn't begrudge that at all), the 3rd finishing off her last year of nursing studies and then finally my 4th with her pregnancy announcement!

I was stressed to the MAX about that. Hopefully yours goes smoother than mine!

Thankfully I just have one adult (well, 18 year old :haha:) bridesmaid and 2 toddler flower girls so it literally is just about growing in the toddlers and shrinking in the teen :haha:
I think I'd go mad if there were any further complications tho, how on earth did you keep your head?!

I didn't. :blush:

Ranted in my journal if I'm honest. :blush: If they had left it any later I would've blown the proverbial gasket, but thankfully it all squeaked together in the nick of time. :argh:

Yeah I saw that in your journal hun, I'm glad it all got sorted out! I know it was a big worry for you, so must have felt great to get them done :thumbup:
These journals are great! Not only do you get input and opinions from fellow brides, just writing everything down helps to sort out my fuzzy wedding head :haha: and also, it's a great place to rant or air the worries! Dont know why I didnt make one sooner tbh ;)

Anyways, just checked the tracking on my China Dress and it's in transit for delivery having spent most of yesterday trecking across Asia and Europe :haha: That means I'll get it today! It's been really cool being able to follow it's journey from China! I'm seriously praying that it's totall shoddy and nasty and I hate it!

China dress arrived... it's immaculate, and I cant fault the tailoring of the dress at all... it's a gorgeous looking dress and having tried it it on, it fits like a glove, unlike the Tiffany one.... but it's just NOT ME!!!! :happydance: I'm so relieved lol!
The Tiffany dress gives me a much better shape, even tho it's gaping at the back because it's too big ;) I can just imagine what it'll be like when it does fit properly! I may even contact a seamstress about letting it out, need to see if that's possible.. I guess it depends how much "spare" fabric is in the seams I guess!

Omg I'm so pleased the China dress isnt suitable!! :happydance: I was really worried that I'd have a tough choice to make but having tried on my Tiffany dress again, the choice was simple!
At least I can sell the China dress at some point (I wont just yet, I'm going to keep hold of it for now as a "backup") and get my money back on it :thumbup:

Will post piccies later of it!

I'm actually thinking of putting in a bigger modesty panel behind the corset lacing and also changing the lacing from regular corset style lacing to corset ribbon - I personal This is of course if I dont manage to lose enough weight so I will give that a try in August I think! That'll give me a month to get it sorted out if needed :thumbup:

i wana see a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wana see a pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first dress was a zipper back and I was going to have it converted to a corset lace up back to give me that extra bit of room to play around with. Great idea!!!

I agree this forum is incredible! I love the fact that no one is judging and all very supportive. xxx

My Tiffany dress is already corsetted, but it looks like it's designed to be pretty closed at the back if you know what I mean? The corset lacing is very thin, and the modesty panel behind it is tiny... I've just bought some corset ribbon (so it's a stronger ribbon than usual and also prettier than the corset lacing) and as the dress already as the eyelets for lacing, that shouldnt be a problem. What I was thinking was trying to make a larger modesty panel and with the ribbon lacing, so altho the gap would be bigger, it would become much more of a feature than as it is now, and also it would fit better ? I dont know... I might take it to a seamstress and see what they recommend :shrug:

I'll be taking some pics this afternoon of the China dress and also the corset back of the Tiffany dress to show you what I mean :)

I know that the people who do alterations told me they do it all the time, converting the corset backing. I think they were going to charge me $80 to have it converted from zipper back to full corset... if yours already has the hardware there I can't imagine it'd be that much?

Definitely take it to get looked at first, they might be able to give you some insight!

Ok a couple of piccies...

Pic 1 is the China dress.. it's very simple and gorgeous but really isnt the fairy tale dress that I had in mind... I didnt go for a more elaborate one previously as I thought that maybe I'm too old for that sort of thing...

Pic 2 is THE dress... my Tiffany Bridal bargain :cloud9: This is much more what I had in mind. The thought I was too old for a more elaborate dress soon disappeared when I saw it :haha:

Pic 3 is a close up of the corset back...from the way the modesty panelling is placed, it seems as tho that corset is designed to be done up as close as possible, so maybe with a larger modesty panel and some prettier corset ribbon, it would be fine? :shrug:

Attachments

• P4210092.jpg
    P4210092.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P4170077.jpg
    P4170077.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P4210094.jpg
    P4210094.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 16
I wanna seeeeeeeeeee.... ur away this weekend ain'tcha? When you home nik? Are you about next weekend? We might be going to Shauns mums next weekend one day but if we come roun to you one day the following week will you dye me barnet pls? :) xXx

Yus of course darlin :) I dont fink we're busy the following weekend? So yes, I'll dye your barnet and I'll get me frocks out ;) xXx

I see what you mean about the back! Yes I think it should be pretty easy to have it converted a bit more. :thumbup:

You think so too? At the moment it looks pretty awful with it gaping open but I wondered if I changed the corset lacing to ribbon and then added a larger modesty panel, it might make it a little more decorative and also look better if it it has a gap between the 2 edges if you see what I mean lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->