Naptime = freetime?

Equreuil

Reaction score
My husband thinks I have all kinds of free time since Malcolm still takes 2 naps a day (at about 1.5 hrs each). But that's when I tend to get a majority of chores done for the day. I may take half an hour to work out or sit on the computer (like now!), but I'mputting off laundry that needs folding and floors that need swept/vacuumed for a bit.

I'll read or watch a movie in the evening after Malcolm's asleep for the night.

What do you ladies do with your time while LO's napping during the day, out of curiosity?

It depended on a few things, when he had a long nap over lunch time I used to have a lunch break myself.
If I was tired I would nap.
If I had chores to do I would do them.
Xx

While Alex naps I normally snuggle on the sofa with Louis and we read or watch some tv. I do housework later on or in the morning.

Charlie's nap times nicely with Edward's lunchtime so i tend to eat with him and do some crafts or i will fold clothes, tidy, wash up. At the moment they go to a cm twice a week and i admit to not using the time for chores. I run errands like supermarket or post office, walk the dog and eat lunch in peace!! Lol

I certainly dong have acres of free time....my idea of s break at the moment is walking round tesco on my own! Lol

I've posted a thread recently about how much free time my OH seems to think I have! :haha:

Micah usually naps 2 hours ish (sometimes 3 hours, sometimes none at all :wacko:) and in that time I tidy the general carnage, vacuum, clean kitchen or bathroom, fold washing (I put it away with Micah as he loves to help put stuff away!), make phone calls (we're buying a house and planning a wedding so there's always something I need to organise!), I usually get us ready to go out as soon as he wakes or if we're staying in I sometimes gather stuff ready for an activity (put sheet down for painting for example)sometimes I cook food in advance or make a batch of veggie and cheese muffins for Micah's 'out and about' lunches. Then if I get time then I stick on a DVD and have a cuppa while ironing/making wedding invitations. I do (obviously!) also go on the internet but almost always on my phone whilst doing something else/waiting for something.

I do occasionally nap myself if I've had a hard shift the night before but this is rare.

Yep nap time = my time!

I told my OH when LO was born in no uncertain terms, when she naps I will be resting/relaxing/napping!

She only takes one nap now for around an hour, I always make a coffee, catch up on my sky+ shows, read or snooze. Whatever I feel like really. No chores are done in our house at nap time, that's the rule :haha:

I am pretty lucky that my LO will either play happily on her own or help me when I need to do chores. OH helps too and our house is pretty small so we mange to keep on top of things with a quick blitz round morning and evening :thumbup:

I usually turn on the tv, relax on the sofa and surf the web. When she naps, I need a break!

I will take some time for myself because I know my husband must get a break also! But I generally have washing going and do some chores during that time. Well, that's if both kids sleep at the same time, if they don't, no break for me! ;)

Yep nap time = my time!

I told my OH when LO was born in no uncertain terms, when she naps I will be resting/relaxing/napping!

She only takes one nap now for around an hour, I always make a coffee, catch up on my sky+ shows, read or snooze. Whatever I feel like really. No chores are done in our house at nap time, that's the rule :haha:

I am pretty lucky that my LO will either play happily on her own or help me when I need to do chores. OH helps too and our house is pretty small so we mange to keep on top of things with a quick blitz round morning and evening :thumbup:

exactly this :)
Now she's dropped naps completely so i don't get this luxury anymore haha I've always thought you must be a bit crazy if you put lo to nap and your first thought isnt tea and sofa ;)

Honestly, I use it as free time. My husband is the say at home parent and does the same during the week. Then acts like he needs a break at the end of the day... Between work and then being with Violet at the end of the day, weekend naps are my only real breaks.

Some of you ladies are lucky. My husband doesn't help with anything at home. He plays with Malcolm a bit if he gets home before bedtime.

I exercise and do some online jobs for extra income. My husband takes DD out to the park or something when he gets home from work for Daddy-Daughter bonding, and that's my "me" time. :)

My daughter naps for 2 hours most days and that is my me time....no housework at all in those two hours, I usually just chill with a drink and some biscuits, if I'm tired ill nap too haha..... I do any housework when she's awake( she likes to 'help') and my husband helps out with some housework too.... I usually do a quick tidy up first thing, another before hubby gets in from work(so our house doesn't look like Alice destroyed if) then he does a tidy up when Alice goes to bed

Back when Maria still napped I used it as free time. She stopped napping at 18 months though so it didn't last for long.

Some days i will sit and watch tv and enjoy lunch in peace and other days i tidy. Its 50/50....... I dont normally tidy whilst isaac is up as his attempts at helping arent really helping lol..... Though today i did put the tv on and he watched Show me show me whilst i hoovered upstairs and in the hall, but i dont normally do his, he is a bit under the weater and the tv time did him good.
He normally naps every other day for an hour or so.

Inspired by this thread I am back in bed on B&B while Micah is napping! you are all bad influences!! :haha:

Lo stopped napping before his 2nd birthday! The only time he naps now is if he happens to fall asleep in the car which is unfortunate since I can't have a tea and put my feet up if in driving :haha:

I work during the week, so this only applies to my weekends. Typically on the weekend when they nap, I relax. It's the only relaxing time I get all week long, during that 1-2 hours of a nap they take. I usually sit in my recliner and try to catch up a few DVR'd shows, or browse on my kindle.

Should also mention my house is a wreck most of the time, lol, and time would certainly be better spent cleaning during this time, but if I did that, I'd have zero time to relax during the week. I need that time to regroup, so I just deal with a not so spic and span house.

When Jacob napped he only would nap on me so I used to chill on the sofa and watch telly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->