Natural Parenting and free speech...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enola

Brand new baby-led mummy
Reaction score
...to what extent is passion 'allowed' and in what capacity do you consider freedom of expression and provision of accurate information a priority?

Discuss....

how long will this last before it is edited or closed/deleted?

what's freedom of speech got to do with NP in particular - if you want an answer/discussion then why not have the question open to everything people feel passionate about?!

Yes, why was my post edited? Did I hit a nerve? Some truth in it you didnt want others to see?

what's freedom of speech got to do with NP in particular - if you want an answer/discussion then why not have the question open to everything people feel passionate about?!

One does wonder what censorship has to do with NP in particular here, so the point is only really valid to this section from where I'm sitting :flower:

I would like to think i'm passionate and I have my beliefs of which im proud of and i'd hate people to think im horrid or nasty for those beliefs.

My main thing with freedom of speech is to be diplomatic. My nan used to say if you have nothing nice to sat then keep quiet, when you are calm im sure you can say what you want in a nice way.

Behind each of these screens is a person who has thoughts and feelings and their own life. Words that one may agree with may offend another and often a written word can seem harmless but cause massive offence.

Im rambling now but blame my hormones and my shit mood. (sorry to swear there btw)

I have seen many comments and threads and siggies I could take as offensive and to be honest i'd be tempted to report them on an off day but I end up thinking take things with a pinch of salt as things are easy to misread especially when emotions are highly charged.

If people arent willing to move on then they are free to leave, come on now, Wobbles and Stircrazy did their best to try and resolve issues and allow people to discuss it on the other thread, so now we make a new one just to cause trouble?

Now who's not being very fair?

I think it's the fact that with NP practices and beliefs comes alot of censorship in response to people being 'offended' (they're actually not they just don't want to be made to think about what they are doing as it is the easiest option)

Yes, why was my post edited? Did I hit a nerve? Some truth in it you didnt want others to see?

Gave you the benefit of the doubt over you spamming, but I think it is obvious why you are here (and it has nothing to do with freedom of speech). You are rude and obnoxious as you clearly showed in the post that was edited (and the reason why it was edited). *Bye*

...who said anything about moving on?
And FYI, this is because of the censorship through editing within that thread purported to be for resolving issues :)

If people arent willing to move on then they are free to leave, come on now, Wobbles and Stircrazy did their best to try and resolve issues and allow people to discuss it on the other thread, so now we make a new one just to cause trouble?

Now who's not being very fair?

I would like to just respond to this as not everyone did have opportunity to respond, I wanted to read all before responding but as thread was closed so quickly i was unable to. I think maybe if a thread is there to offer debate or discussion giving a 5 minute warning of closure is a bit short.

I have no intention of arguing I just wanted to air my opinion to the op :thumbup:

i have been offended by some comments in the past thread and would of liked to be able to repond

SC, I read her original post before it was edited and, though empassioned (and rightly so), I cannot see how it was offensive, and certainly not in breech of the rules...I recognise that you are not able to divulge individual reasons, however with this spate of banning I think many of us would like to know where the line precisely is in expressing one's opinion and being banned, please?

OK enough... if you don't like the forum, leave. Simple as. Don't treat us like we are idiots, we know how this is being orchestrated. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech and you, I, everyone know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back