Need advice asap

taylorttc

Reaction score
I’m 6 weeks+2 today
3rd Baby.

Been bleeding since last night, seen midwife this morning and she said there’s nothing they can till Tuesday with it being a weekend and bank holiday.

Bleeding is red like start it period and felt a few clots when on toilet but haven’t had any on pad and I’m not filling pads.

Have no pain other than backache last night.

Is there any chance this isn’t a miscarriage?
I’ve lost hope already.

I dont have any personal experience myself but my grandmother did bleed heavily for the first 5 months that she was pregnant with my uncle.

Cant the early pregnancy unit at the hospital see you for a precautionary scan now ? xx

I’ve read loads of positive stories but I can’t helo but lose hope.

All units are shut around here over the weekend and no scans available , she said Tuesday was the earliest I could be seen and to take it easy until then.

I’m still bleeding no cramps or anything pads aren’t soaking just like a light period at the moment

I don’t know what else it could be except miscarriage

I hope everything works out okay! Its horrible that nothing can be done til then! I'd be so upset. Big hugs!!!

It could be a subchorionic hematoma - a pooling of blood under where the placenta is burrowing into the uterine lining.

That is happening now, and goes on to establish itself more and more firmly for a couple of weeks, so some light bleeding that is red isn't actually all that unusual now.

I've had this with three of my pregnancies - and this last one was heavy bleeding, with pea sized clots, and contractions (they weren't cramps, oh no, not with that gathering-building-peaking-fading pattern) and it was every few days for over a week. We're 22 weeks along now.

Hearing the good stories isn't going to stop you from worrying, and it doesn't mean it can't turn out poorly, but hang on to hope. Bleeding like you're describing is far more common than we're lead to believe.

It could be a subchorionic hematoma - a pooling of blood under where the placenta is burrowing into the uterine lining.

That is happening now, and goes on to establish itself more and more firmly for a couple of weeks, so some light bleeding that is red isn't actually all that unusual now.

I've had this with three of my pregnancies - and this last one was heavy bleeding, with pea sized clots, and contractions (they weren't cramps, oh no, not with that gathering-building-peaking-fading pattern) and it was every few days for over a week. We're 22 weeks along now.

Hearing the good stories isn't going to stop you from worrying, and it doesn't mean it can't turn out poorly, but hang on to hope. Bleeding like you're describing is far more common than we're lead to believe.

That’s what the midwife said it could be.
It’s hard to stay positive but I’m trying.

It’s nice to hear the positive stories, I bet it must of been so scary to bleed like that , I mean my bleeding is lighter than my usual period I haven’t seen any clots but sometimes I feel like they come out when I’m sat on the toilet, hoping for the best preparing for the worst.

When did your bleeding stop and how did they manage it for you?

I hope everything works out okay! Its horrible that nothing can be done til then! I'd be so upset. Big hugs!!!

I am very upset but I’m trying to stay positive about it all.

I notice you’ve had losses yourself im sorry to hear that, I’ve had losses before my 2 healthy children and the bleeding was excessive and I was in agony with pain but this time nothing like that, with any of yours did you find it was manageable if that makes sense ?

I notice you’ve had losses yourself im sorry to hear that, I’ve had losses before my 2 healthy children and the bleeding was excessive and I was in agony with pain but this time nothing like that, with any of yours did you find it was manageable if that makes sense ?

With my miscarriages i could definitely tell something was wrong. Cramping, lots of back pain and bleeding with lots of clots. None were painless. I think there is still hope for you!!

With my miscarriages i could definitely tell something was wrong. Cramping, lots of back pain and bleeding with lots of clots. None were painless. I think there is still hope for you!!

Im so sorry to hear that Hun. My bleeding is lighter than my usual period but still bright red fresh blood, no pains or cramps, no clots just literally bleeding. Although it’s showing no signs of stopping at all.
I have my fingers and toes crossed. Thank you!

It’s nice to hear the positive stories, I bet it must of been so scary to bleed like that , I mean my bleeding is lighter than my usual period I haven’t seen any clots but sometimes I feel like they come out when I’m sat on the toilet, hoping for the best preparing for the worst.

Oh, I was sure I'd miscarried. Luckily, mine are IVF pregnancies so the offices are more than willing to scan in those cases and we saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days.

To stop the bleeding, I moved from crinone, a progesterone suppository, to progesterone in oil injections for a couple of weeks. I still bleed off and on, but never that fill-a-pad-in-an-hour pace again, and it stopped around 8 weeks. We could see the SCH in ultrasounds at 9 and 13 weeks, but it was being reabsorbed and shrinking.

Even knowing there's probably nothing to worry about, we worry. But here's a good place to talk about it!

Oh, I was sure I'd miscarried. Luckily, mine are IVF pregnancies so the offices are more than willing to scan in those cases and we saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 2 days

To stop the bleeding, I moved from crinone, a progesterone suppository, to progesterone in oil injections for a couple of weeks. I still bleed off and on, but never that fill-a-pad-in-an-hour pace again, and it stopped around 8 weeks. We could see the SCH in ultrasounds at 9 and 13 weeks, but it was being reabsorbed and shrinking.

Even knowing there's probably nothing to worry about, we worry. But here's a good place to talk about it!

Honestly your stories are giving me hope. I haven’t filled a single sanitary towel since the bleeding started, I only change them for hygiene reasons.
Sorry for TMI but the blood is like gooey jelly and red, and the rest is pink.
It’s like a light period.
Still no pains nothing like that and I’m not gushing it’s a steady flow.
I still know it could be miscarriage but I’m positive because of how it’s happening.
The only thing bothering me is my , sorry tmi again, my bits feel heavy and achey..

Has anything changed?

Has anything changed?

The bleeding continued over the weekend. Still had no pains or anything of that sort.

However early hours of this morning about 5am I went to the toilet and passed a clot. It was long but not wide, quite hard to touch and was a mix of see through, dark red and bloody etc it’s was really odd.

But no pains and the bleeding has calmed right down almost stopped.

I have no idea what’s going on but my scan isn’t until Thursday morning.

I presume I must of miscarried but I expected to bleed heavy or have some sort of pain, but it’s been a light steady bleed and no cramps, and that was the only clot this morning.

I have no idea at all

Sending lots of hugs!! Hope you are okay after yesterday..

I just saw your thread, Taylor.....hope the scan went okay. :hugs:

As someone else mentioned, this could be an SCH. I had a really bad one that started quite early in my current pregnancy.....multiple bleeds, LOTS of blood, really large clots. I'm full-term now.

If it's an SCH, please don't lose hope. The majority of them do resolve. There's an SCH thread, if you're looking for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->