Need help regulating my cycles!

Lotalaughs16

Expecting Baby #1!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies...the title says it but I'm looking for advice on how to get my cycles back to normal so here's my back story...

I'm Brittney, hubby and I are going to start TTC as of September 1. I did 4 of the Depo shots from April '11 to April'12, then started the pill from then on. I stopped taking those pills Feb of this year. I have only had 2 periods since (march 28 and June 20) I started taking prenatal vitamins June 6. I am currently on CD59.

I've read about different natural ways to jump start your period such as Vitex and Maca Root. Have any of you ladies used other supplements while on prenatals successfully? I'm so afraid to take something that reacts badly to the vitamins I'm already on. I am hoping to get my period started by September 1st and hopefully ovulate sometime in September as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

I have irregular cycles and I've tried many many many supplements. The only thing that is working for me is soy isoflavones. But I have PCOS, so that may be why. It's supposed to be a natural alternative and give similar results to clomid.

Thanks for your response Missranda, are there different dosages of soy isoflavones? How did you figure out how much to take and how often?

I had really long irregular cycles after coming off the pill last time TTC and Vitex did the trick for me, I was also on prenatal vits :thumbup:

Thanks pinkpolkadot, I just ordered Nature Way Vitex capsules, they are 400mg per pill. How do you know what dosage to take and did you take it everyday?

I have a feeling I took 2 x 400mg twice a day but it was ages ago so maybe do a bit of a search on that, I think ladies on here have said 1200mg.

I took it everyday CD1 until O as I don't think it is safe while preg!

ok, thanks!! I really hope it works. I'm on cd 61 today and am expecting to receive the Vitex by Thurs or Fri so I am just going to start taking it when i get it.

Yes it's a nightmare isn't it, if I remember rightly it took about 3 months to get first AF after the pill and the next cycle was 50 odd days, as soon as I started Vitex they went to 31 days :thumbup: good luck

My cycles weren't particularly long (except for one anovulatory cycle that lasted 47 days) but I wasn't ovulating properly according to my blood tests and ultrasound, so I started maca root. I think my estrogens were out of balance so my follicles weren't developing properly. As soon as I started maca I had a huge improvement and I ovulated very well, had a perfect 14 day luteal phase. Maca is meant to be good for balancing your whole endocrine system, and it's eaten as a staple food in Peru, so its very safe. The only thing is to start low and gradually build up the dose, and I find it's best to take it in two doses across the day, after food.

I'd tried vitex before, and I think it helped a bit, but didn't take care of the real problem for me. But it does work very well for some people.

The main thing with vitex is you CANNOT take it from ovulation day onwards as it causes miscarriage. That's why I don't take it I ovulate irregularly and I wouldn't know when

Good to know about the Vitex, i took my first pill today so hopefully af will show her face soon so I can start fresh with a new cycle. I've been charting this whole cycle and I have a new order of OPKs ready. Fx'd this does the trick! Thanks ladies for all the responses :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->