Need help!!

MrsRobinson

Reaction score
Hi this isn't so much about my baby but more about my younger sister!! My sister has lived with me and my hubby and two children for nearly two years now (she is 25) we live quite far away from the rest of our family so I feel a bit responsible for her, but now we are expecting another baby, hubby says it's about time she moved out and took care of her self she is working now after not working and we have supported her for quite some time and he see no reson why she should still be living with us plus he wants to make her room into the baby's room as we only have 4 bedrooms so we don't have another room to make into the baby's room? I have brought it up in conversation with her about getting her own place as we will need her room for the baby? But she was totally p*ssed about this and now thinks it's just cos hubby wants her out as he is always dropping hints about her moving since she started work? And now she is making me feel bad by saying she knows no one els where we live who she can house share with and that she will have to stay in (as she goes on nights out and meals out that most of the time we have paid for until she started work) and start saving and she is not going to be able to afford anywhere nice to live on her wages and when we surgest places to live that she could afford she is like! I'm not living there its awful? She knows she has to move out but doesn't seem to be making any effort to even look for somewhere els as she says it's 4 months away before we have the baby? But I have started to buy things and have nowhere to store them so it would be nice to start the baby's room? But I don't want to fall out with her but how can I get her to start making plans and looking for somewhere to live as just having a little chat doestn help? Or am I been to pushy as we only told her last week? But surly she knew the day would come as with a 4 bed house and expecting our third child that we would need the bedroom she has been using? She makes me feel I'm been nasty and kicking her out but hubby thinks I'm been too soft with her and give her a set time to move out? I feel a bit stuck in the middle of them both as I don't want to upset any of them? But I do want to start the baby's room soon but until she finds somewhere I can't ask her to leave?? I don't know how to sort this out without a load of upset?
Sorry for the long life story :)

I think a bit of tough love is needed and give her a month or two at the latest to find somewhere. I know she's your sister and you dont want to rock the boat to cause arguement, but she's a grown women and you have your own family to think about.

I think if your too nice and not give her a time frame to find somewhere she'll play on that and drag her feet.

So sorry to hear this but in my opinion maybe she's had it a bit too easy living with you not having to take responsibility for running a house daily. Maybe she is scared and you should reassure her that you will always be there for her and she is welcome any time but you really need to get the room sorted in time for the baby. I would just say that you need her to have moved out by 7 months so you can get everything ready, I'm sure she will understand in the end, be firm but supportive. Good luck.

its better to tell as soon as possible so she can manage to live somewhere else...after all she has to move sometimes so why not now..:shrug:is she really cares about you she will defenitely wont mind..:thumbup:

I have no give her a set time that we would like her to move out by!! U would think I have told her im going to end her life!!! She is been so selfish and moaning on about her not been able to afford it! And we are MAKING her move out when the baby will be in our room for a while and won't need it's own room!!! But it's nice to have a too
For the baby with all the baby's things!! She just thinks we are been mean >:-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"