Need opinions quick!

misspriss

Reaction score
My family are having our first family pictures made in years (we keep getting kid pictures and none with the whole family!) I am super stressed out over a lot of other crap happening in our life and I'm having a terrible time picking outfits.

DH will be wearing a red shirt and black dress pants, or nice dark jeans. His outfit is set because he's just lost a lot of weight and it's the only shirt he has that is solid colored and doesn't look 3 sizes too big.

I have the option of a black dress or a teal shirt and a black skirt or dark jeans.

For DD, she has the option of a red shirt with lace on it and black leggings, or a black and red dress.

DS will be wearing jeans and either a short sleeve blue polo or long sleeve black one.

I'm TERRIBLE at these things.

Here are some pictures. DH outfit is set, but I can't seem to figure out what to put on the kids & me.

y3mzMc7uDqPnpTMJmP6zNOSYyI4fCYkD436zCSAG2E1MH6pmyEeqJhCyhrCZaiWQePGKWxynBjGGxwA2YYECIIxFoVBhoBJoTeMili9LvDxxpHS5T2avTGBCln0H9W81OT_VHlk_H1kv_tmeRLN-nUas00GhbM9RgcrKvATYiDLnrs

y3maI8FXq7CvL69ifEr7LYrRAAyqz2rXV4pVlR0n0KZZN5BBwsQ406aZVuvIrFtt99guVRa3JWsdy04A_ixAN6lQXxH_6Kk5VxgV4Fc-ImNCFCR5621ai0BE5Fos-z1MTvrqqncKExjyVSfoyn34Gbi8Z4HJ8raQkvQiuBky08xmdE

y3mINgg2ccFvnV49cfn_mW3YzaKTGpSqdIvjdX5yjcUW7oEKPA07bzz9liasQigtpym7N_IGEpzJgzniTBv2WPGkZxmLBIZ88YKiwB1uIY2diXtUmvvWi7rMByOgFEWxcEV_LFzvMdPznR9oijwrp5teF-RktqKHdi4qvUUQszirOU

I think the teal looks slightly better on me than the black, but I can pull off both. I keep thinking I could put DS in the black and me in black and then DH and DD would both be in red, or I could do DH in red and black and DD and DS and I in blues, or.....ugh.

If you wear the teal you'll really stick out with everyone else in black and red, which is ok if you want to, but if you want a group pic I would recommend going with the black. Just personal bias I LOVE that tartan dress <3

I say all black and red, just based on that you should try and avoid two primary colors if possible, but I'm being an art nerd and that doesn't necessarily mean that if you use the blues that it will turn out badly. Could you guys do shots with both outfit combos?

If you wear the teal you'll really stick out with everyone else in black and red, which is ok if you want to, but if you want a group pic I would recommend going with the black. Just personal bias I LOVE that tartan dress <3

I say all black and red, just based on that you should try and avoid two primary colors if possible, but I'm being an art nerd and that doesn't necessarily mean that if you use the blues that it will turn out badly. Could you guys do shots with both outfit combos?

Honestly, probably not. DS is 3 and DD is 1. We won't have a long time, we are getting a complementary session since the pictures are for the church directory, and we get a free print and can buy more - but it means it will be quick and not a lot of time to change. Also, we are meeting DH there with his clothes after work...I'm lucky he had time to trim up his beard this morning!

If we hadn't been so stressed the past few days we would have tried a dry run at home. I will do my makeup different for black vs teal.

I do agree with you, I like the little dress for DD and I think it will look better as a group if I wear the black. My only concern is DD's shoes...I don't have shoes to match. We may have to stop on the way and pick up some cheap shoes.

We are selling our house, living with the in laws right now, and MIL threw out her back Monday AM, to the point of being bedridden. The kids have been a super handful and I've had no help. MIL has finally gotten into the doctors today and it's much easier when she is not here, even if she is just in bed - the kids make a game out of trying to run into her room and get in bed with her....just stressful and we had no time to prep.

Sorry for so much stress on your right now! It seems like everything always happens at once.

I would definitely do the black dress for you. I think the plaid dress for dd and the dark shirt for ds. I would stick with the red and black theme for everyone. :flower:

Thanks guys! It really helps to have some outside opinions!

Wore the black for me and DS, dress for DD. All went well except the background was black, wish I would have known that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->