Negative urine test due to higher HCG level??

EvaTx

Reaction score
Hi,

I read that if pregnant with twins or testing later in pregnancy the HCG level can be to high to show a positive urine test, has anybody been through that??

Thank you!:flower:

Not personally, but I have a friend who got worried at 8 weeks that her pee test was coming up negative, though her blood tests came out positive. So yes, it's totally possible.

Oh wow so that's amazing! I'm still feeling small movement in my pelvic area even though I have a BFN test.

you wouldn't be feeling a small movement at all until around 20 weeks of Pregnancy though, just keep in mind that they're not even grape sized until around 9 weeks and don't really have long enough limbs or weight to be felt until around 16-19 weeks

you wouldn't be feeling a small movement at all until around 20 weeks of Pregnancy though, just keep in mind that they're not even grape sized until around 9 weeks and don't really have long enough limbs or weight to be felt until around 16-19 weeks

Hi Klandagi,
Hmmm I'll have to go look into all my other 3 pregnancies calendars, but if I recall well, I felt it earlier with my daughter who was my last one.Is this your first pregnancy Klandagi?

I have no idea if I'm pregnant or not, I just know I didn't get a period for months here and there,so who knows really how far I would be IF I would be pregnant.

To Klandagi,

I too am wondering if this is your first pregnancy because with ALL of my children I felt DISTINCT movement around week 12.... with my first week I had no idea, I thought it was gas bubbles.... (so it was around week 16 when I dawned on me it was the baby, lol) but yes, you can feel the baby EARLY! I DID! :)

EVATX-hope you get what you are looking for :)

tests are designed to pick up IF the hormone is present, it doesn't give a damn about the quantity

if you don't get a positive on a test but have positive blood result, then you're just one
of those ppl who have that happen to them, but it doesn't mean the levels are too high,
that would mean that when the HCG levels are at a peak in pregnancy you could not have a bfp anymore, which is... bs

and the movement you feel so early... is most likely your uterus growing bigger, not yet the baby.
esp if it's your first, as you have more you KNOW what baby movement feels like

I felt movement with all 3 of my pregnancies from about week 12 onwards. Although the limbs aren't long enough to feel movement externally, you can definately feel babba moving around. It feels like little butterflies. I agree that you won't actually see your baby moving or feel with your hand on tummy until nearer 20 weeks, but that all depends on your size. I know a few very slim pregnant women that you can feel baby move on the outside about 15 weeks.

Good luck xx

tests are designed to pick up IF the hormone is present, it doesn't give a damn about the quantity

if you don't get a positive on a test but have positive blood result, then you're just one
of those ppl who have that happen to them, but it doesn't mean the levels are too high,
that would mean that when the HCG levels are at a peak in pregnancy you could not have a bfp anymore, which is... bs

and the movement you feel so early... is most likely your uterus growing bigger, not yet the baby.
esp if it's your first, as you have more you KNOW what baby movement feels like

Thank for your thoughts. Actually if you read before I said I had 3 kids and as I explained too I dont get a periods sometimes for 4 or 5 months, so IF I'm pregnant, I would be far enough in the pregnancy to start feeling the baby.2 weeks ago, it was only vibrations that is what caught my attention, now, its more like a wavy feeling even under my laptop as I write this WOW!!

Also, could you please control your language while replying to my post. Thanks!

I felt movement with all 3 of my pregnancies from about week 12 onwards. Although the limbs aren't long enough to feel movement externally, you can definately feel babba moving around. It feels like little butterflies. I agree that you won't actually see your baby moving or feel with your hand on tummy until nearer 20 weeks, but that all depends on your size. I know a few very slim pregnant women that you can feel baby move on the outside about 15 weeks.

Good luck xx

Thank you, we have 3 children my last one is 11yo.I'm not slim but I might be at least 12 weeks or more.

ur best bet would be to go and get a blood test done sweetie...i dont know anyone that this has happened to but u could be..good luck

ur best bet would be to go and get a blood test done sweetie...i dont know anyone that this has happened to but u could be..good luck

Thank you I will soon make an appt.:flower:

I just came back from the emergency room because my headache and hight blood pressure were awful, I have been having them lately. The doctor did a pregnancy urine test(only few drops were left because I spilled :( and he specified that it was NOT POSSIBLE to have a negative test because I would be in later month in pregnancy. He said it is IMPOSSIBLE,NONE WHATSOEVER POSSIBLE and he refused to do a sonogram so....... here I am.He didnt even touch my tummy:0 I told him I heard some women had negative test in later stage of pregnancy he said it is in no way possible.
I'll just have to consider myself not pregnant, and Im ok.

I thought this was interesting:

... using urine specimens from 20 postmenopausal women. ... frequently interferes with pregnancy tests due to cross reactivity with other gonadotropin hormones. ...

To Klandagi,

I too am wondering if this is your first pregnancy because with ALL of my children I felt DISTINCT movement around week 12.... with my first week I had no idea, I thought it was gas bubbles.... (so it was around week 16 when I dawned on me it was the baby, lol) but yes, you can feel the baby EARLY! I DID! :)

EVATX-hope you get what you are looking for :)

I also felt movement very early on in my last two pregnancies. (not nearly as early in my first pregnancy.) I'm pretty sure I also read before (somewhere) that women tend to feel the baby moving earlier in subsequent pregnancies.

In fact HCG levels decline in the second trimester, and I guess this is why it may show as -ve if you were 12-14 weeks pg...

https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html
Q: What if my HCG levels aren't doubling every two to three days from a quantitative blood test?

A: It doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong, but it warrants further exploration including an early ultrasound (6 weeks LMP, 4 weeks after ovulation). Slow-rising hCG can be related to impending miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. One important thing to remember is that on average hCG levels double approximately every two days from 4-6 weeks LMP, then doubles every 3 days when the level is 1600-6000, then the doubling slows to every 4 days or so. Levels peak a week or two before end of the first trimester (14 weeks LMP) before declining in the second trimester.

Thanks that sounds interesting, but see the doctor said no way! That frustrates me.

I would get a blood test from your gp, so that you know one way or the other. I think its unlikely, but I would get it checked to be sure. X

I'm sorry to hear that the hospital didn't have better news for you xx

Some doctors are just totally bonkers. Find someone else or go to a lab and order / pay for a blood test. You don't want to end up on a show like "i didnt know i was pregnant' and poop your baby out into the toilet!!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->