Negative urine test due to higher HCG level??

Some doctors are just totally bonkers. Find someone else or go to a lab and order / pay for a blood test. You don't want to end up on a show like "i didnt know i was pregnant' and poop your baby out into the toilet!!! :(

Haha, that would never happend to me, lol, I had 3 babies already and they never suspected anything, I do!!
Ja that was the doctor at the emergency room :wacko:

just to say later in pregnancy lots of people willl get negative test results as teh hcg hormone drops off, i think this tends to be after about 20 weeks of pregnancy but like you say you may be that far along - you need to insist on a blood test x

You need to get a scan.
it will eliminate any queries over HCG levels.
It's a BAD state of mind to think you're 12+ weeks pregnant but not know for sure. I've been there and had to see a counsellor in the end as I was clinically depressed as a result of it all.
Have you done any reading on phantom pregnancies?

Hi,

Thanks for suggesting reading on phantom pregnancies!
I have heard of it and I'm not in a state of mind to desperately want a baby. I have one ........ my grandson whom I can enjoy every week.
Thanks for your toughts though:flower:

Eva

just to say later in pregnancy lots of people willl get negative test results as teh hcg hormone drops off, i think this tends to be after about 20 weeks of pregnancy but like you say you may be that far along - you need to insist on a blood test x

Thanks, I might, but not easy, after having been treated badly, like a weirdo in the emergency room.

Thanks, I might, but not easy, after having been treated badly, like a weirdo in the emergency room.

I wouldnt go to the emergency room, although i understand your concern this is not an emergency as such. Go to your regular family doctor and ask to be reffered for a scan and a blood test, also if you think that you are further on in pregnancy than the early weeks your doctor should be able to judge that based on examination (externally) of the size of your uterus. Good luck and keep us posted :)

I wouldnt go to the emergency room, although i understand your concern this is not an emergency as such. Go to your regular family doctor and ask to be reffered for a scan and a blood test, also if you think that you are further on in pregnancy than the early weeks your doctor should be able to judge that based on examination (externally) of the size of your uterus. Good luck and keep us posted :)

I went to the emergency room due to a migrane(which I never get) I had the last few days and that one was with 172 high blood pressure so I got worried in case I would be pregnant. I could hardly see straight that night.
Last time I had lingering migraines was when I was on the pill or pregnant , due to the pregnancy hormones.I didnt go to the emergency room just to see if I was pregnant lol.

Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

* 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
* 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
* 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
* 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
* 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
* 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
* 13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
* 17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
* 25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
* Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
* Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml

* These numbers are just a GUIDELINE-- every woman&#8217;s level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters but rather the change in the level.

Thought this might be of interest. I got it off americanpregnancy.org, basically HCG does start to tail off between 11-12weeks but not so dramatically that it wouldn't show on a test after this time. I hope you get some answers soon xx

Eva,

Just want to share with you my friend's story.... she missed her period for more than 3 months... she started to feel movements... then she did a test, it was positives... went for check-up, dr did the ultrasound, and found out that she's 13 weeks pregnant... actually she didn't expect to be pregnant that fast after mc early this year... the point is, she still can get a positive result even she's 13 weeks pregnant...

my advice to you is go for ultrasound to get a sure result... best of luck to you... :thumbup:

Well, I have just called to make an appt and talked to the secretary of my OBGY who delivered my other children and I was surprised when he came on the phone to talk to me.He said there is NO WAY the urine test can be negative if I'm that far long no chance!
I am however happy I got an appt Decbember 1rst he said he will check me out (don't know what that means yet)

The movements are stronger today and I get thema lot. Any thought would be apreciate if you have any.
Thx so much!

i know when i was pregnant with my daughter i still got a positive test at 23 weeks, but hope you get the result you want.. good luck :) xx

Ok, so when i went 3 months without a period and was only gettting BFN, i googled A LOT about Urine BFNs and still being preggo. I did find an article on a woman who was preggo with twins and was getting BFN on urine pregnancy tests. I really wish I had bookmarked the journal article. It was in a medical journal. They couldn't fiqure out why she was coming up BFN and they only thing they decided was that her HCG was too high for the test. It was never proved 100% but it was an interesting read.

Another thought is maybe this time you are just not filtering HCG out in your urine. It is a slim chance since im guess with your other kids you had BFPs but i do have a friend who never got BFP on a urine test her whole pregnancy

Ok, so when i went 3 months without a period and was only gettting BFN, i googled A LOT about Urine BFNs and still being preggo. I did find an article on a woman who was preggo with twins and was getting BFN on urine pregnancy tests. I really wish I had bookmarked the journal article. It was in a medical journal. They couldn't fiqure out why she was coming up BFN and they only thing they decided was that her HCG was too high for the test. It was never proved 100% but it was an interesting read.

Another thought is maybe this time you are just not filtering HCG out in your urine. It is a slim chance since im guess with your other kids you had BFPs but i do have a friend who never got BFP on a urine test her whole pregnancy

Cool, thank you Lexi!:flower:

tests are designed to pick up IF the hormone is present, it doesn't give a damn about the quantity

if you don't get a positive on a test but have positive blood result, then you're just one
of those ppl who have that happen to them, but it doesn't mean the levels are too high,
that would mean that when the HCG levels are at a peak in pregnancy you could not have a bfp anymore, which is... bs

and the movement you feel so early... is most likely your uterus growing bigger, not yet the baby.
esp if it's your first, as you have more you KNOW what baby movement feels like

I agree with u hun! x

Hello all,

I'm going to see my OBGY that deliverd my babies in the past, tomorrow afternoon.
I now have a bown line on my pelvis you know......linea nigra?

How can I have that and not be pregnant. I still feel movements in my pelvis and I'll be happy to know more tomorrow.

What are your opinion about the brown line on my pelvis?
Thx:flower:

Eva, I also have the brown line on my pelvis everytime I'm pregnant... can't wait for your updates after you meet you OBGY....

Thanks Kathy,

It has been weird 3 weeks since the day I felt vibration down my pelvis, to the negatif tests, to the movements, to the brown line now on my pelvis this last few days, and Im not looking for symptoms they are just there.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.
I have taking pics just for me lol, of my tummy with that brown line. I was thinking I was seeing wrong lol.

when i was pregnant with my first child, I kept feeling a tickle in the area right above my private area. A woman I worked with began to respond to me complaing of the odd feeling. She was older than me, and after assuring me that what I was afraid was ovaran cancer was pregnancy, I never laughed so hard. She was so sure that she gave me the money for a test and told me if I was not she would not bother getting back her money. I bought a first response early detection test and there it was......I am also diabetic so I went to the er especially since I had not missed a period yet ....when they took a look I WAS ONLY EIGHT DAYS PREGNANT,the doctors did not believe me when I told them I kept feeling a light tickle, which is why I took the test. Every pregnacy is different. For three months I thought I was going insane with negative pregnancy tests and no period as it turns out ...I WAS CARRING TWIN BOYS and they were born healthy,full term and amazing. Investigate all you need but there are plenty of women who feel signs much earlier...and no I did not get that tickle with the twins, how odd. So you feel free to listen to your body, not doctors, millions of stories tell how they can be wrong and your experience like mine may just be an odd man out situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->