neighbours *update page 10, ITS GONE!*

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
I am having a problem with our neighbours downstairs (we are on first floor flat)

we share a common entrance with them and they had 2 buggies, carseat, work saw (??!) all in the hallway at once, making it nearly impossible for us to get upstairs, one buggy doesnt allow the front door to be opened completely (shopping delivery cant be brought into our kitchen as the door isnt open wide enough for them to get thru!) I knocked on their door numerous times and rang the bell no answer, left a note asking them to stop doing this, no answer, finally spoke to the landlord who emailed me a copy of what he has emailed them requesting they don't leave personal items there, gave it a week and no change so I posted the email up in the hallway with a note saying that this is a shared entrance and it is unfair for them to keep so many items there not to mention is a health and safety hazard as the front door is a fire escape and would be hard to navigate around everything should we have to leave in the dark in middle of the night! small buggy, work saw and carseat are now gone but the the big one (stokke buggy) is still blocking the door opening completely!!

My Asda delivery just came and I had to carry it all up the stairs myself, knocked on the door and nobody answered. I can not move the buggy to open the door completely as then it would be in the hallway infront of where we have to walk! Very very annoyed with these people!!!
What should I do about this? I don't want to have a bad relationship with these people but if this buggy is say pushed further back by accident whilst we are out the door wouldn't even open wide enough for us to get inside the building, they never answer their door so how would I even get into my own house should this happen?

advice?

sounds like my post about the share driveway! why are some people so inconsiderate? Can you close the buggy and move their stuff at the other end of the hallway (some flats have hallways where at the other end there is a bit of space, like under the stairs kind of thing) You could write to them again and say that if they dont move it, you'll move it outside (do you have a communal garden?) gl hun xx

I don't know if I can close the buggy, pretty sure it is one that folds down in 2 pieces, its one like this https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=stokke+buggy&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1C1DVCB_enGB367GB367&biw=1066&bih=549&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=6_sYHDB8hpxEBM:&imgrefurl=https://www.parentdish.co.uk/2009/06/24/londons-trendiest-buggy-the-stokke-xplory/&docid=fi-TS8q6h-GhPM&imgurl=https://www.blogcdn.com/parentdish.co.uk/media/2009/06/the-stokke-edit.jpg&w=240&h=304&ei=QBmsTuqwCYqh8QOI_9WxCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=286&vpy=181&dur=2560&hovh=243&hovw=192&tx=105&ty=132&sig=113629181273038236331&page=1&tbnh=113&tbnw=89&start=0&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

we don't have a shared garden, they have the whole garden to themselves, there is also no end of the hallway so to speak as the end is our stairway up, there door is to the left right before the stairs up. Think I am going to have to leave another note for them saying it has been x amount of days and they still have a buggy blocking the door from opening completely!

that would really piss me off! we have kids leaving their scooters/bikes in the hallways and it really irritates me.
i started to leave my pushchair out there so it was just rammed and i think they got the message :haha:
they don't do it anymore.

then if they dont come and collect ther s***, just throw it over their garden if you can xlol

How extremely rude of them. It is also the landlord's responsibility to make sure no tenants are EVER blocking a fire escape. I would send him another email as well, stating that the door is being blocked by your neighbors and not only is it a daily inconvenience, but it can also be a major fire hazard. If your neighbors keep refusing requests I would take that buggy and chuck it in the dumpster, but don't listen to that advice as I have a horrible temper :rofl:

i would push the health and safety issue. on a more serious note imagine if you couldn't get out in an emergency quickly enough :nope:

I just went downstairs to take a photo of it to post on here and they are out with the buggy!!
The door opens enough to get in and out on a normal day to day basis but its really annoying when I have loads of stuff to bring in, bought a new henry vaccuum cleaner the other day and struggled to get in through the door.
I think I will hi-lite the line in the email that says they must remove all items from the hallway and leave another note saying they still have one blocking the door and to please remove it or I will move it outside.

another thing is that they don't speak english very well so I'm not sure if they don't understand what I am trying to bring to light or that they simply just don't care.

Is it possible to move the pram so it is in front of their flat door to get in there way when they try to leave.

i would put the pushchair so it's blocking them in then put my own one by the door :haha:
im quite pathetic like that though.

They've no right to be blocking the hallway with their crap. If they don't have the respect to move it after you've politely asked them, contact the management company or landlord again who'll get it sorted sharpish unless they want to risk breaking laws about blocking access to front door and fire hazards. Tempting as it may be to chuck their bloody buggy through the front door, I wouldn't do this as they could turn nasty or you could get into bother for it. I would push it right up against their doorway though.

i would put the pushchair so it's blocking them in then put my own one by the door :haha:
im quite pathetic like that though.

hahaha! I don't have any children yet so don't have a pushchair but we have thought about putting something to "store" there whilst they are out so when they come back the spot is being used, but have decided against it because we really want nothing there!

They've no right to be blocking the hallway with their crap. If they don't have the respect to move it after you've politely asked them, contact the management company or landlord again who'll get it sorted sharpish unless they want to risk breaking laws about blocking access to front door and fire hazards. Tempting as it may be to chuck their bloody buggy through the front door, I wouldn't do this as they coud turn nasty or you could get into bother for it. I would push it right up against their doorway though.

I def won't be putting it out the front door, I am aware of how much this pram costs and can't afford to replace it!

another thing is that they don't speak english very well so I'm not sure if they don't understand what I am trying to bring to light or that they simply just don't care.

throwing thier crap outside is pretty much universal, it means stop hording your s*** and get the hell rid of it!! im sure theyll be able to understand that :shrug:

I have just left another note downstairs on the wall saying

"you still have a baby buggy that is blocking the front door from opening completely. You have been asked by the landlord and myself to remove it. This is a health and safety risk for everyone -maryp0ppins"

I also hi-lited the email from the landlord where it says keep entrance clear of baby buggy and that it is a health and safety hazard. waiting for an annoyed knock on my door now from them!

I'd put it directly in front of there door, or throw it outside...but I'm a bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->