neighbours *update page 10, ITS GONE!*

They obviously understand enough English if they moved the other crap already. I am guessing they don't have anywhere to store the buggy inside??! So they feel they are entitled to use that space. I really cannot stand people like that. There is no excuse!

Everytime you go into the hall and it is there move it outside they will get the message in the end whether they speak English or not!!

I would keep moving it infront of their door too... Even if you dont have anything big to bring in on a daily basis! They should buy a smaller buggy if they have no room for that one, their in London FGS! Its not your problem if they have overcrowded their flat and left no space for their buggies!!

Is there anything of yours in the communal hall? If not I would be "accidentally" leaving the door open in the hope their very expensive, lovely pram gets nabbed. They won't be leaving it out then will they.

Or even, Seperateit and fold it down and keep moving it infront of their door, you'll get the instructions online!

update:

they rang the bell this morning over and over again, not just one dingdong but dingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdong until i got down to answer it, demanded to speak to me. They said they will NOT be moving the buggy and told me they have no room for it in their flat and that to fold it they have to take it apart and its too hard to do. Very aggresive and shouting and yelling telling me they will NOT move it and it is not blocking the door. The woman also circled the part of the email that says they can't keep things in the hallway and to remove them and wrote "no way" (not sure if she realises this is from our landlord?!) The man told me he has taken a photo and texted the landlord and the landlord has told him its okay. They also brought up irrelevant things like they sign for our post when we are out and that after the binmen come they move the bins back from the front onto the side and why cant we do it?? (we leave before bin men come and get back in the evening, if they were still there of course we would move them!)

I have emailed the landlord this

Hi ****,
flatemate and I had a very unpleasant and aggressive confrontation with the neighbours downstairs this morning regarding them keeping their buggy in the downstairs hallway. As I stated in my previous e-mail to you it would make a huge difference if they simply folded their buggy down but they have told me this is "too hard" and "inconvenient" for them and they are not willing to keep it inside their flat. Again we had a a delivery come yesterday morning which they were not able to bring inside for us due to the front door not opening completely, this is why I had brought the issue up to them again saying that they still have not moved it away or folded it. Please would it be possible to meet with you one evening when you are in London so I can show you what the problem is.

Thanks, Maryp0ppins

our landlord lives in Cyprus which makes this a bit more tricky. not sure what I will do until he comes in November for his visit ugh.

they also tore all the letters I had posted on the wall and threw them in the outside bin, I have gone and got those now so I can show the landlord that I have in no way been rude or aggressive about this.

What absolute idiots! Next time you get a delivery out the pram outside so you can open the door and leave it there! It's tough shot its in your way and shouldn't be there!! I'd just keep putting it outside if it was me!!

I've tried looking online for health and safety regulations that I can print out from our council's website and it seems EVERY council has a page that says you can not store items such as bicycles or prams in a communal entrance, our council does not! probably the worst council for safety reg anyways (baby p incident anyone?)
I may try e-mailing them and see what they have to say.

I got an e-mail back from the landlord saying he has phoned his MIL, the person in charge of his properties and she will be in contact with them telling them to remove it (sounds like the guy was lying to me when he said he spoke with landlord about this and sent him a picture txt!)

What absolute idiots! Next time you get a delivery out the pram outside so you can open the door and leave it there! It's tough shot its in your way and shouldn't be there!! I'd just keep putting it outside if it was me!!

I'd love to but I'm worried it will get stolen, I know not my problem really but I do not want to end up being responsible for it!
Today both the man and the woman were very aggressive towards me, I told them I would call the police and they just laughed at me.

They obviously understand enough English if they moved the other crap already. I am guessing they don't have anywhere to store the buggy inside??! So they feel they are entitled to use that space. I really cannot stand people like that. There is no excuse!

They told me they don't have anywhere to store it and its a hassle for the woman to fold it down, tried making a big deal telling me I don't know how hard it is to fold down a pram, told them I work as a private childminder at someone's home around the corner and I manage to fold down an icherry and a double phil and ted's on a regular basis, yes its annoying to take it apart but if they don't want all that hassle get a smaller buggy! not my problem they don't have space.

I'd love to but I'm worried it will get stolen, I know not my problem really but I do not want to end up being responsible for it!
Today both the man and the woman were very aggressive towards me, I told them I would call the police and they just laughed at me.

There being really disrespectful to you and as much as what im about to say i know isnt constructive advice but it is what i would do none the less,

Id firstly start by knocking on there door and continuing to knock on there door untill they answered it and then proceed to tell them that if they dont move there shitty buggy out the way of the "shared"hall i will have no other option that to fold it up and shove it where the sun dont shine,The id staple a copy of the Health and safety act that relates to the problem in question to the most aggressive of the two's head and tell them to abide by this or else i will start posting dog shit through there front door until they start to learn...Ok maybe i wouldn't do all of that

Ok Now for some constructive advices.. You do need to stand up to them and keep on pestering the landlord into action cuz he might actually be at fault if there is a health and safety hazard That you have reported and he hasnt implemented,Id also keep a copy of all correspondence too and maybe putting there buggy over there door every time you go out to see how they like it...

Either that or stick the thing on Freecycle!

(I swear im a lovely person really)

There being really disrespectful to you and as much as what im about to say i know isnt constructive advice but it is what i would do none the less,

Id firstly start by knocking on there door and continuing to knock on there door untill they answered it and then proceed to tell them that if they dont move there shitty buggy out the way of the "shared"hall i will have no other option that to fold it up and shove it where the sun dont shine,The id staple a copy of the Health and safety act that relates to the problem in question to the most aggressive of the two's head and tell them to abide by this or else i will start posting dog shit through there front door until they start to learn...Ok maybe i wouldn't do all of that

Ok Now for some constructive advices.. You do need to stand up to them and keep on pestering the landlord into action cuz he might actually be at fault if there is a health and safety hazard That you have reported and he hasnt implemented,Id also keep a copy of all correspondence too and maybe putting there buggy over there door every time you go out to see how they like it...

Either that or stick the thing on Freecycle!

(I swear im a lovely person really)

Do you know what act this is? I am trying to find it online so I can print it out. I have kept all correspondence between my landlord and myself, also the things I had put up in the hallway which they tore down and threw in the bin (had to go dig and rescue them from the bins outside yuk!)
If nothing is done (which I assume they will just keep leaving it there and take no regard to it) who do I call to report them to for violating health and safety? council? police? fire?

I would be brutal and either tell them to move it or you are gonna advertise it on freecycle or you will leave it outside to be taken :smug:

V xxx

I'm thinking about moving it before I go away next week, if its still there of course.
Will leave them a note saying that because they have not moved it and it is a health safety issue I have moved the buggy out of the way to a safe place to store. Then I will lock it in my flat and go on my holiday hehe

Wow, these people are really pissing me off and they're not even my neighbors!

It seems to me that them getting the "okay" from the landlord was a bunch of bull, in hopes that you would "slink away and keep your mouth shut"...they're adult bullies and think they're entitled to whatever they please! I am almost certain that it counts as a fire/safety hazard which is the landlord's/property owner's responsibility to make sure all tenants are following regulations properly. If the landlord/property owner does nothing, THEY can get fined big time as they are responsible...so I am sure something will be done.

Before the landlord's MIL comes around, maybe you yourself should take a few photos of exactly what the pram looks like regularly. Just in case they are out with the pram when she comes or they see her coming and move it and act innocent. Make sure YOU talk with her. If they do as well they will plead their case in whatever way possible, probably lie. So it is important that you stand your ground.

I can't believe the way they have acted towards you. Even if for some reason this takes a while to resolve, don't give up!! People like this REALLY need to be put in their place.

Also, whooooopdie-doo....they bring the bins in!!! They brought that up like you are incapable or something, which you obviously are not. They're just digging for shit to hang over your head to make things look "even"....HA!!!

just got out my copy of the tenancy agreement and all it states about communal areas is

"smoking is NOT permitted in the bedrooms and rubbish waste bins must not be left in the communal corridors/staircases"

you can phone the fire department and tell them their is a fire safety problem ie not being able to get out when there is a fire and they will write to the people!

or phone the council and speak to someone!

we have kind of the same problem not as annoying as yours but the ppl upstairs have stuff all under the stairs and even put a stair gate up on the communal stairs (which the council came round and took it down!) they also had a saw hanging up on the wall which the council told them to take down! as soon as they went they put it back up so i threw it in the garden!! x

this is a photo of our shared entrance

https://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd407/carebear3352/babybuggy136.jpg

Their door is to the right of the photo where you can see the balloons, I am standing on our staircase up.
Previously when I first complained to the landlord there was a smaller pushchair at the space at the bottom of our stairs to the left (unfolded) a work saw and a careseat infront of the white box to the left side of the photo, the box holds our gas and electric metres and also the fuseboxes for both flats.
They have removed everything except for this massive stokke pram, in the photo the seat is in the complete upright position and the pram has been pulled as far as possible up to the white box, however, this is not always the case and sometimes the pram seat is in the completely flat position and the pram is further up towards the door making it an even smaller gap for the door to open.

Am I being unreasonable? I just think that we don't store anything down there (my partner whom I don't live with cycles here but brings his bike upstairs to our flat when he is round) and that the other items will slowly start to come back, carseat was there for 2 days already this week and has gone again.

I've not written on this thread yet, but have been reading and agree with PPs but...... I can't see the photo???

Have you pasted it in to the photo box link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->