neighbours *update page 10, ITS GONE!*

The pram is a fire hazard and needs to be moved.

I would ring your local Fire station and get them to go speak to them.

I know they do house checks anyway to check/install smoke alarms.

V xxx

no, that would piss me right off.
i can't believe they would be so rude. you couldn't even open the door fully if you tried to get in.

i mean what would happen if you were to push the door too hard and break the pushchair? wonder whose fault that would be :devil:

I have e-mailed this to my local fire dept

"Hello, I live in a privately rented flat with a communal entrance way. My downstairs neighbours insist on keeping prams and car seats in the communal entrance area. I have kindly asked them to remove them as I feel it is a risk that the exit would be blocked if there was a fire. They have removed all items except for one which is partially blocking the front door from opening completely. Please can you advise me if there is a healthy and safety act I can quote to them, they are adamant they will NOT be moving this as they have no room to store it in their flat. I have contacted my landlord regarding this and he has asked them in writing to remove it but they are ignoring this, he does not live in the UK and seems they are using this to their advantage.

Many thanks,"

no, that would piss me right off.
i can't believe they would be so rude. you couldn't even open the door fully if you tried to get in.

i mean what would happen if you were to push the door too hard and break the pushchair? wonder whose fault that would be :devil:

about 2 weeks ago the pram was in the reclined position and the door couldn't even open maybe halfway? I had just bought my new henry vacuum cleaner and I couldn't get it in the house!! wasn't about to be leaving it outside even for a few seconds to squeeze in and move the pram to the side. luckily someone I live with was upstairs to come down and move it, did they downstairs people answer their door when I knocked or rang the bell? NO :devil:

OMG, what nasty people. They HAVE to move it, it's blocking a fire exit. It is the landlord's responsibility to see that the communal hallway is kept free of people's clutter, he will be in big trouble if God forbid there is a fire and people can't get out or fireman can't get in so it's in his best interests to sort it. When we lived in a flat someone put an old washing machine in the hallway blocking some people from getting their mail and right by front door (and the hallway was much wider than yours). After being asked to move it and ignoring the request, the landlord moved it for them and billed them for the removal. You could hear them arguing about it as they lived below me, it was so funny :haha: From your photo it's only a narrow hallway and I can't believe they've the cheek to put it there. If they can't fit the bloody thing in their flat they should have bought something they CAN fit in! They sound like real ******s behaving the way they did towards you, I think after that run-in I'd scrap my last post about not touching it and fling their poxy buggy through the front door but OH would have been frantically chasing after me bringing it back in :haha: (I've a bad temper on me when pushed)! Hope you get it sorted soon and good on you for pursuing it xx

DEf keep moving it, every morning when you leave for work, put it infront of their door, and when you get home in the evening, put it infront of their door!!!! Or FOLD it and put it infront of their door and tape folding instructions to their door!!!

what would they do if you put something there so the space was taken? I know thts not a good response to them, it will just be amunition, but what would they do!?! they would block your stairs, guarenteed!

I wouldn't fold it, purely because they sound unhinged enough that they would probably break something on it then claim you had done it :dohh:

It'll be interesting to see what the Fire Dept say. I'd also ask your landlord if you could have the number of this person who is dealing with things for him (his MIL, did I read that right?). As you would like to talk to her directly, rather than rely on his tenants passing on information (given their propensity to lie and be abusive towards you).

God! It really is blocking the entrance; it's soooo dangerous :nope: I honestly would leave it outside, it's not like it would just be left on the street it, it would be still on the premises of your apartments. They are been very selfish and unreasonable and I agree with a pp they're even annoying me now lol

That's properly blocking the door!.......... I'd stick it in your flat and go on your hols!

come to think of it, what would happen if you NEEDED to get a pushchair in in the future? theyd have to move it then!

^^ Im hoping to go down and visit her before xmas (she's A's Godmother BTW) So We may well NEED to get a buggy in!

You are entitled to get a free home fire risk assessment from your local fire service. OH is a fireman and he's said they would ask you to contact the landlord intially (you have and its failed) and he said they would then contact the landlord if you raise the issue of concern for getting out. The landlord could then potentially get notices issued to him for fire safety. Pretty sure that will make him do something more about it.

This way you've got your flat fitted with free smoke alarms and you hopefully get rid of the pram.

I'd probably fling the stupid pram out the door :muaha:

Reading this thread has made me really mad for you hun!

If it was me i would be at the end of my tether and would push their pram outside and bang on their door (like they kindly did to you) until they answer and tell them where to go!

Omg what inconsiderate dicks! I hate people like that selfish cows,I'm soo mad for you,I'd leave the tyres down on the pram (if their air filled)

Just got an email from the landlord that says he has rang them and said everything must be removed from the hallway and that if it's there again to contact him immediately. Haven't been home yet from work to see if it's gone or not, fingers crossed.

Oh wow, seeing that picture made me even MORE pissed off.....the nerve of those people...wow!! I am kind of half hoping that piece of shit pram is still there so they get some sort of punishment, like getting a notice for being kicked out of the flat for not following rules :muaha:

Just got an email from the landlord that says he has rang them and said everything must be removed from the hallway and that if it's there again to contact him immediately. Haven't been home yet from work to see if it's gone or not, fingers crossed.

Good luck.

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"