New and In need of advice and opinions

littleone18

Reaction score
Hey everyone,I`m new,Im 18 and had unprotected sex a few days ago.I am not looking to concieve but If it turns out I am pregnant than I will be happy and my baby would be more than wanted.I am wondering what the actual chances of me being pregnant are,and the thought of having to wait weeks to know is getting to me as I`m sure you can all understand,I can`t stop thinking about am I ,am I not etc?
I understand no one can give me a definate answer other than a pregnancy test and that atm its too early but I`ve been looking up on the internet about ovulation and when the best time to concieve is.I think and this is a big think that the first day of my last period was the 26th of Jan and If I had sex on Thursday the 19th of Feb than its highly unlikely that I`m actually pregnant right?
All replies greatly appreciated:hugs:

Any unprotected sex there is a chance.Nobody can give you an accurate answer about this reallyI know its hard but yur not going to know untill you miss a period, then you can do a test.

Hope things turn out the way you want
xxx

I agree with Leanne - any unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy so none of us will be able to give you a better answer. If you had ovulated 2 weeks after your period started it is unlikely but nobody can tell when you did ovulate. All you can do is wait until your period is due and take a test if it is late, sorry x

thankyou =]

I`ve been reading all sorts on the internet,such as you can only get pregnant on day of ovulation,you only ovulate once a month,you ovulate twice,your chances of getting pregnant during your period are next to none,your chances of getting pregnant when not ovulating are next to none.It seems like one big contradiction atm and I`m wonderign why I was never taught any of this in school.We were taught to use condoms or take the pill which we could get from the doctors surgery every time we had sex,unless we were trying for baby of course.Oh and that you could get pregnant even on the first time.Seriously,that was the extent of sex ed in my school and I went to private school lol.

Was nice chatting with you babe - remember PMA - dont give up till the :witch: comes and drop me a note to let me know how you get on xx

thank you for listening Chrissy and for your great help and advice I really appreciate it.Good luck and of course I will let you know =]

Thanks babe, always here anytime you need any help. Good luck though xx

thanks for the welcomes guys.Quick update...Well on monday I had my period =[ but It lasted literally 24 hours =/ which is very odd for me,my period normally lasts 5 days.It was niether heavy nor light but stopped immediatley without getting lighter which I found strange but w/e I`m putting it down to stress =[ My period was early aswell wasn`t actually due on til yesterday but I can put that down to stressing right?Also I`m right off my food,keep making meals and then never actually end up eating them,once again putting this down to stress.

=[ =[

Hi, I'm pretty new to this too, but I've heard that women can have bleeds that mimic :witch: all the way through there pregnancies, but any book or website will tell you that a light or missed :witch: is never definate proof. I went off my food when I was pregnant, but when I was trying to get pregnant, I almost made myself believe it was my time every month!!! Best advise I can give you is take a decent test (not the cheapest), as soon as is viable, eat sensibly, try to stay calm and stress free and take folic acid to help with the development of the baby, if there is one. If not, continue to take the folic acid and you will be well prepared for next time.
Good luck and keep us in the loop.
Would love to know how you get on. :hugs:

Hello..im new here and 23weeks pregnant but i know wot ur goin thro i remember wen i first thort i was expectin its the only thing that goes thro ur head 24 hours a day!
it sounds like stress, also wen u think 2 much about somethin ur body and mind can play tricks on u....jus take tym 2 relax like a nice bath wil help.
Let me kno how u get on hunny!

Babes I agree, if you can, do a test, to give you peace of mind :) And folic acid is a definite if you are not already taking it. Wont do you any harm (I have been taking it for 4 years now!)

hey thanks for your replies =]
Just wondering,If I was actually pregnant would it not still be too soon to tell Id I had concieved or can I take a test now?I only had unprotected sex a week ago although have been using the pull out method (if you can call it a method) for some time now.

I think it is 2 early 4 a test but if its really playin on ur mind do 1 now and then again in a few weeks...??

thanks =]

It really is playing on my mind,I`m thinking about buying two tests tomorrow,not so comfortable about doing so however,funny looks etc

Its really not as bad as you think.....there are so many people buyin tests everyday jus dont worry about wot every1 else thinks its 4 a peace of mind which is more important!
you wil jus drive urself mad thinking about it otherwise.
take care xx

yeah I guess,at the end of the day I am an adult,I shouldn`t be ashamed just because I`m young =]
Thank you for your advice,I`ll update as soon as I know,Im 90% sure I`m not but the 10% is still driving me mad
xx

yeah exactly no one has the right to judge you...keep you head up!
let me know how you get on!
best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back