new baby!

miss maternal

Reaction score
My sister has had her baby this morning. little maisie who I think weighs 8 lbs with a mop of black hair and a button nose. My sisters waters broke at 5am and she had her at 7am so nice and quick. im so excited for her and cant wait to see her. Im off to work now but im so looking forward to seeing my little niece.:happydance:

awww congratulations xxx

Aww thats great :)

CONGRATULATIONS HUN!!!

Masie a really pretty name!
xxx

Thats great news hun ... congratulations :headspin:

my bosses granddaughter is called masies thats so cute !!!

My mum is writing a letter of complaint as Maidstone hospital was terrible and im dreading having my first baby there!:nope:
She got to the hospital about half an hour after her waters broke and it was too late to give her any pain release as the birth was less than 2 hours.
Maisy was born at 6.50am and the midwifes were great but cut the cord and just left her in the delivery room to get on with it! My mum had to change the blood ridden sheets with the afterbirth and my sisters OH bathed her. They didnt even ask my sister if she was alright apart from a tea lady coming round! my sister asked for a pillow but they refused her one and left her in the delivery room for 11 hours as there was no room in the labour ward. My 8 year old niece was not allowed in the hospital because there is a bug going around and they have banned children so she wasnt allowed to see her sister.

My sister went home at 6.30pm by choice and was told that a midwife would come and visit her the next day. She waited and waited and waited and guess what?
She didnt arrive!:sad1: So my poor sister is now crying because the baby wont feed and Maisy just wants to sleep after keeping her up last night crying.

Sorry this post is long but just wanted to let off some steam for my sister. x

sorry, i just realised that i should have really posted this under Birth stories.
Sorry:oops:

First off, congratulations to you, your sister and the rest of your family on the birth of Maisy!

Second of all, the care (or lack there of) at the hospital is absolutely atrocious! I am pleased your Mum is writing a letter. That is just terrible - your poor Sister :(

I hope everything works out soon, that a midwife actually does come and that her baby starts feeding more and crying less!

I hope that there are better nurses on when you have your baby! I'm sure your Mum won't let it happen again.

That is appaling. Kayleigh was really sleepy and slept all night the evening she was born. When she wasn't feeding very ewell and wanted sleeop all day when she was 3 days old i rang the labour ward, who paged my mw team and someone came ot to me at home. She even rang me a couple of days later to make sure iwas ok even tho i'd spoken to another mw. It may be cos i'm onto no 3 but the amoutn of mw visits i've had have been few and far between this time. When i had Alisha they visited every day.

I hope things settle soon for your sister and that she gets the care she deserves.

Could you opt for a home birth or ask to transferred toanother hospital instead?

That is bloody horrendous!

I'd get the local MP involved too, how discusting for your poor sister!

Hope everthing settles down for her and it hasn't put her off.

Im not having this baby in my local hospital im travelling to warrington and having her there ... i refused to go to wiston!

Really hope that there is a good out come from your mother wrighting a letter of complaint as that is really atrosious.

xxx

the care is crap i agree,i have seen mw twice and they are no help whatsoever. the ward i went on didnt even give me a cup of tea (hadnt had one for 15 hours) i had cathetar they didnt remove and i coudlnt get to my baby properly. I shouted really loud that i was gonna rip cathetar out and they soon moved there areses. i then disharged myself 3 hours later and this was after losing 1.5 litres of blood and being really in loads of pain.

I hate hospitals and if i do again i am going to save and go private,got to be worth the couple of grand i say.

Bex.x

That is bloody horrendous!
Im not having this baby in my local hospital im travelling to warrington and having her there ... i refused to go to wiston!xxx

My SIL said the same she had her 2 in wiston hospital as she lives in Daresbury and she said if she gets pregnant again she definately isn't going there.

Congrats to your sister hun but its appauling the ways he was treated and they wonder why stuff is going about! :dohh:
Good on your mum for complaining but it does spoil the whole experience of the birth

tht is awfull treatment your sister got!!! i agree with imi and wud get ur local mp involved!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->