**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

He's with a big private company... That's why I dont understand. The women get 2 months paid maternity leave, and he gets nothing...

He's with a big private company... That's why I dont understand. The women get 2 months paid maternity leave, and he gets nothing...

Hmm, since its not corporate, he might not have another choice. Some companies don't see the father being off as needed, since they are not recovering from birth.

Sucks, ut its how it is :growlmad:

I know DH and I plan for him to take the max paid time he can get. Because my thinking too is that if I'm recovering from labor, I'm going to need some sleep!

HR at his company tells him all he has is his vacation days... Sucks.

Interview on Monday! Its for a sales company and they are usually on the road (Owner and the sales team) So her administrative assistants only work from the office On mondays only and than the rest of the time from home! Seriously DREAM job! It would make enough money and its part time at exactly the hours I need.

That does sound dreamy! If we had something like that here I'd snatch it up!

Interview on Monday! Its for a sales company and they are usually on the road (Owner and the sales team) So her administrative assistants only work from the office On mondays only and than the rest of the time from home! Seriously DREAM job! It would make enough money and its part time at exactly the hours I need.

I hope you get the job. I wish I could have a job like that.

That does sound dreamy! If we had something like that here I'd snatch it up!

Yeah I didn't hold much hope because the craigslist add was posted Mid April but I guess they havn't found the right person yet. I hope it works out. This would obviously be a dream job to work from home! I mean since I'd be on the phone I wouldn't be able to exactly be a stay at home mom, but maybe if all I had to do was get a baby sitter to be here while I worked, it would be cheaper and I'd feel more relaxed.

Her bump, her bump her bump her bump, her lovely lady bump! CHECK IT OUT!

Hi guys! Just dropping by to say a quick hello to everyone :)

TL - I saw your questions. On the pains down low I had them too on and off for a while and my doc said it was round ligament pain (basically stretching of stuff that can get quite uncomfortable). Hopefully yours is the same and just par for the course. On the leave, I read somewhere recently that dads and moms must be allowed up to 12 weeks unpaid under FMLA as long as the company is big enough to have more than 50(?) employees and he's been a full time employee for at least 6 months or something. I'd do a bit of googling if I were you and maybe keep asking. You might remember my employer was really wretched about leave and stuff when I asked earlier, but now all of a sudden they've done an about-face and are all about being flexible and supportive. (The flip-flop is kind of creeping me out, actually!) I hope it all works out for you guys and DH can get some time to be home with you and LO.

Heather - Exciting on the job prospect! Fingers crossed!

Liz - You look just great in all your photos :) And quite properly pregnant! Look at that bump!

Thinking of the ladies who are TTC this cycle and hoping it's a lucky one!!

Elliot, you are right, I did look it up, and his company is more than 50 employees, and he's worked there for 4 years... I dont understand why they are giving him a hard time. He's planning to talk to HR later this week about it.

Make sure he takes printouts of the info he found to his discussion with HR.

Liz, you had your V Day earlier this week!! Congrats!!

Wow, you are awesome liz! I couldn't figure that out myself. LOL.

My niece was fantastic last night. The only issue we had is we let her eat too many carrots and they gave her a tummy ache at bedtime. She is staying with us again at the end of the month for 2 nights while her parents go to their first adoption interview.

Had this little guy chewing on my face today. This is probably my favorite baby ever. He's always so happy! Except when I stopped playing with him he started to cry, but I had to resist giving in until he chilled out! lol.

https://i54.tinypic.com/2igf2pd.jpg

Yeah, I'm in love with him. Today he was sitting in my lap and just laughing at every face I made at him. And then he'd lean in for a kiss and hug. He thought me kissing him was hilarious and he kept "kissing" me back (Aka slobbering on my face with a giant open mouth)

I seriously hope my baby turns out like him. Happy happy happy! He's only been grumpy lately because he's teething.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->