**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

I saw that on Tosh Liz. I mean i get that babies are limber, and I don't think she would really "hurt" him by doing that. But I don't think its a risk I'd be willing to take because what if she dropped him!?

That video is just crazy!! Who would do that to a baby??

A crazy person. DH is going back to school!! He should graduate in August!!

Couldn't take it anymore, had to turn the heat back on! BOO! Its not supposed to be 45 degrees in May!

Anyone know anything about finding a tick on you during pregnancy??

Don't try to burn it or smother it. Just pull it out. Even if you don't get the head. Saying that you need to get the head is an old wives tail. You need to get the BODY. If you make him made by trying to burn or smother him, he'll release all the toxins in his body into yours.

SO just get some tweezers and pluck him out. The head will fall out eventually .

Hi All! :flower:

Liz - Thanks for the cold medicine link. I've been having a cold too, but my doc said only Tylenol, so no decongestants for me. It's been the pits! As far as finding a tick goes, I'd think you want to take the same steps as normal: if it was attached, then call your primary doc (and make sure they know you're PG). Depending on how long is wa attached and what the site looks like they may want to give you PG-safe antibiotics or something. Then I'd also let my Baby Doc know and see if they recommended anything additional/different. I had a tick attach once while not PG, took antibiotics breifly and was fine. I hope everything's alrigth for you too. :hugs:

TL - Chicken again? That's good! Now that I've gotten further along my eating has gotten really off again. I often can't figure out what to eat and nothing appeals to me. I feel queasy a lot and get so uncomfortably full so fast! :wacko: I say pack the food in during 2nd Tri while you can.

Sheryl - Oh... bad news on the breakfast. Sounds like some m/s to me for sure. Hopefully it doesn't stick around too long.

Hope everybody is healthy and well. I'm pretty run down with this cold and all. And for those who were interested in my early weight gain (which may be only me! :haha:), it sure has slowed down! I've only gained like 3 lbs in the last 4 or 5 weeks. Total gain is at 20-21lbs to date. It's like some kind of bizarre reverse weight gain curve, but my doc is fine with it, so I'm not worrying ATM.

Definitely talk to your dr about it -- My brother had one last month (he's clearly not pregnant!!), and he had to take antibiotics...

Oh TL - about the 20 week scan. Mine was much more detaield than the earlier one, but I didn't get many pics. And my doc says I won't get any more unless there's a problem, so Liz is right... enjoy it! :)

I'm just scared that the baby will be shy, and we wont be able to find out the gender!! Then, I would have to wait until the next scan... The long wait...

I think I need to contact that sonography program that wanted OB volunteers because I will be 16 weeks before I know it and I just saw a clear as day vajayjay on another thread at 16 weeks.

Ladies, I ripped the sucker out before I even knew what it was. It was attached in the small of my back so I literally was getting ready to get in the shower...
I just randomly scratched my back and was like "hmm, that feels funny" and then pulled it from my lower back without looking/knowing what it was (didn't look in the mirror) and it took about 5-10 seconds to do so one-handed. Came all out intact.

and then I ran to get my hubby once I realized it wasn't just like dog-eye-goober stuck to me or something!!!!!!! o_O

the nurse just relayed to me:
Doctor said don't bother coming in today for bloodwork b/c it's going to be negative right now. Watch it and if it starts developing into a rash over the next few days, definitely come in for bloodwork. Or, if I want, I can come in for bloodwork regardless of how it looks on Friday or Monday.

It was definitely attached. But it was flat/not engorged and it takes like 24 hrs after its first meal to start transmitting Lyme

I'm sure you will be fine, Liz!! There are deer by you??

Was it tan/clear or black? The black ones are less threatening (and more common) especially if it was flat. It probably had JUST attached to you.

It was more dark brown.

Last time we saw deer was like 3 yrs ago.
I might have to start putting my dogs' Advantix on me! :)

I am so hungry constantly right now. I had chicken-spinach pizza for dinner, ice cream with a huge brownie and now nuts. Hopefully that will hold me for an hour because I can't handle much more in my tummy. Baby does seem to like nuts though. I'm so clueless about food that I got hubby's can of mixed nuts that he picked out at the store today (I convinced him to go with me) and he named the nuts in the can for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->