New drinks rule

Layla

Reaction score
Is this true that your not even allowed one or two in prengancy anymore?

They have linked it to a defect that can affect the baby during and after the pregnancy and birth, can make the child sort of autistic?

I heard it a little after Coby was born but i didnt pay much attention, but now pregnant again i wanted to find out more about it, thought here was the best place to ask first with all us ladies.

Im being so caoius this time after last, no drink, no caffene, no prawns, not even taking any hayfever tablets, suffering in silence lol

xx

The leaflet I got from the nurse last week still says 1-2 ...

just looked it up on the net, its called fetal alcohol syndrome

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2479933.stm

https://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregnancynutrition/3542.html

i always thought it was 1 to 2 units a week but now im not so sure, i guess its personal choice same as the foods

x

Somebody just shoot me!!

:rofl:

I did hear that it has changed aswell, whereas before they considered it safe to have 1-2 units a week i think now they are saying that no alcohol is safe?

Just wish they woudl make there minds up - I guess theres always 2 sides to everything you do in todays life.

All frustrating esspec if the hospital is still giving out information that 1-2 units per week is safe.

yea i agree, theres so much conflicting advice around its dam confusing!!

I did hear that it has changed aswell, whereas before they considered it safe to have 1-2 units a week i think now they are saying that no alcohol is safe?

yep I heard this on the radio a while back. Think I had the odd drink once in a blue moon when I was pg, and that was usually half a lager shandy. but then I got used to not drinking and Im not that bothered about it anymore xx

I know that in the US they tell you to not drink at all. My midwife said that no alcohol is best but I've decided that the occasional one off drink won't really hurt. I don't drink much anyway, but I've had about 3 bottles of lager since becomming PG - that's about one a month lol

:hugs::hugs:

i didnt drink during any of my pregnancys because im not much of a drinker anyways :blush: but my mother grrrrrr drank all the way through her pregnancy with my little sister and my little sister was born at 30 weeks through an emergnancy c-section and was borth with a heart murmer (her heartbeat was 3 times faster than an average babies) luckily shes ok now age 15 but the doctors said it was genetic and not caused through alcohol but i disagree as i rememeber a few times while 'she' was pregnant she was so drunk she couldnt walk, she even fell off teh toilet once and broke all her teeth.

i know my post is a bit pointless but i know how hard it must be not to have a little drink it was really hard for me not to smoke while i was pregnant with Colby but i count my blessings every day that she was born heathy and happy

so good luck girls
xxxxxxx

I had the worse craving for lager in the second tri - which sadly for me coincided with summer and beer gardens. I used to just stare at pints and sniff OH's pint when he wasn't looking lol

I had the worse craving for lager in the second tri - which sadly for me coincided with summer and beer gardens. I used to just stare at pints and sniff OH's pint when he wasn't looking lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I had a real bad craving for beer in my last month.....it was awful, I could have killed for a beer :blush: but I spared Paul's life and had a shandy instead! :)

looks like i'm drinking for 2 now then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->