New here - hi!!

shinona

Reaction score
Hi there. I've just been pointed over here by a friend who is also ttc. Hubby and I have been married for 2 years and together for 8. I have been on the pill since I was 16 and am now 29. :shock: I've been broody for ages and we're now both very ready. :happydance:

What I wanted to ask (as well as saying hi) was how long it took for you to get into a proper cycle after coming off the pill? I'm not sure when to expect AF, for example. I took my last pill (Microgynon) on 14 Sept then had my "period" the next week.

I'm trying not to get obsessed and just enjoy the bd-ing for now but thought I'd ask this.

Thanks

xx

Hi and welcome. Well i was on the pill for about 3 years and my periods were weird for about the first 2 months and then they were normal. about the same time i would be having them on the pill is when my would come.

Hi! Welcome to BnB!!:wave: I was on the pill for 11 yrs and when I came off I didn't have a period(AF) for about 2 months, then at the end of 3 months I finally did and it was 5 days long. My periods before the pill were 30 days and seem to finally be back to doing that again. But each woman is different and how quickly she recovers from the hormones that the pill gives you differs from woman to woman. Good luck and hopefully your stay here will be short and sweet! Hope you get your BFP soon! :hugs: Again, welcome! :flower:

Hi :hi: Good luck to you and welcome to BnB!

Hey, welcome & good luck getting your :bfp:

I was on the mini pill this time round for 9 mths, I came off early Aug & have not actually had what I would consider a normal cycle yet... 1st was 16 days, 2nd was 29 days...

Hi and welcome to BnB! When I got off the pill, my period was completely normal. I stopped taking my pills the day my sugar pills started, and my period came...and then it came again 28 days later. Im sure you'll regular soon....CONGRATS on TTCing!

Hiya and welcome! I've only just joined here too.

After I came off the pill I didn't have a period for 12mths and then got pregnant without having had one, must have just caught as soon as I ovulated I guess.

Good luck
Gemma x

my sister in law was on the pill for 8 years... she came off it and got pregnant the next month!!! GOODluck!!!!:hugs: and welcome!

:hi: wellcome when i came off the pill to have my son i got prper afs evey 26-28 days as soon as and was preg within 3 months good lluck

:dust::dust:Hi & welcome! I was on mini pill for about 5 years & it's taken about 6 months for my cycles to settle down into their current predictable 26 day pattern. Have heard lots of stories of people coming off the pill & getting preg straight away - here's hoping that happens to you!

Welcome to BnB. Lots of luck and Dust for your journey :dust:

I've never been on the pill, so I'm not much use there I'm afraid.

Hi I have come just stopped taking my pill last thur ( mid pack) and got a bleed on sunday! I dont think this is my af though. So I dont know whether to use it when calculating when I am ovulating ! But hopefully we dont have to wait too long for the real thing !

Thanks for the welcome, girls.

Linda, I've no idea when or whether I have ovulated either. I'm sure we'll work it out soon enough (or get caught!!)

:hi: and welcome to bnb :) wishing you lots of luck on your ttc journey :) we i came off the pill my periods where all over the place but settled down after about 2 months

Hi there. I've just been pointed over here by a friend who is also ttc. Hubby and I have been married for 2 years and together for 8. I have been on the pill since I was 16 and am now 29. :shock: I've been broody for ages and we're now both very ready. :happydance:

What I wanted to ask (as well as saying hi) was how long it took for you to get into a proper cycle after coming off the pill? I'm not sure when to expect AF, for example. I took my last pill (Microgynon) on 14 Sept then had my "period" the next week.

I'm trying not to get obsessed and just enjoy the bd-ing for now but thought I'd ask this.

Thanks

xx

Hey, im in Glasgow too! Well done for coping on microgynon for so long, it made me sooo ill when i was on it (7ish years ago though). That first bleed may not have been a "true" period, it could've (commonly is) just a withdrawl bleed. It's hard to tell when your cycles will become regular again or when you will ovulate. They say upto 12 months, especially for your cervical fluid to become tip top again. However, many people feel that its out of your system within a matter of weeks.

Is there any history of PCOS or thyroid/hormone issues in your family? If not, i think you're doing the right thing just taking it easy. Its hard to go on TTC websites and get bogged down by the majority of women who find it difficult to conceive (since we tend to be the ones who seek out the sites in the first place). I would try naturally for a while and see how it goes. Just know that you ovulate 10-16 days BEFORE your next period is due. So if/when you become regular, thats a good guide to go by. You could always try ovulation tests OPKs (you can get them reallllly cheap off ebay) to ensure you are actually ovulating. A significant amount of women actually fall pregnant in their first proper cycle off the pill, so hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones! Good luck :)

Thanks for the welcome, girls.

Linda, I've no idea when or whether I have ovulated either. I'm sure we'll work it out soon enough (or get caught!!)
Yesterday 09:13 AM

I know it would be the best if it just happens naturally. It is soooo hard no to get consumed by it! We had been talking about it for a year or so and I had actually planned on stopping my pill in december but just decided last week to come off it as it may take time for me to fall pregnant, and I had every intention of just going with the flow for a couple of months !! LOL its just so hard!

significant amount of women actually fall pregnant in their first proper cycle off the pill, so hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones! Good luck
Yesterday 20:57 PM

Lets hope !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->