New on here - 40 year old!

AliGirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just signed up to this having enjoyed reading people's experiences over the last couple of weeks. I'm 40, and had a m/c about 6 weeks ago at 10 weeks. We're now trying again and I'm currently 9dpo (using opks and temp charting). I'm not expecting much this month as it would seem too much to hope for to get pregnant again so soon after the m/c. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with people on here, and hearing how everyone is getting on :flower:

Hello and welcome :hi:

So sorry to hear about your MC :hugs:

I hope you see your BFP soon :dust:

Welcome to the grownups section of Baby and Bump, sorry to hear of your loss.

Hi everyone. I just signed up to this having enjoyed reading people's experiences over the last couple of weeks. I'm 40, and had a m/c about 6 weeks ago at 10 weeks. We're now trying again and I'm currently 9dpo (using opks and temp charting). I'm not expecting much this month as it would seem too much to hope for to get pregnant again so soon after the m/c. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with people on here, and hearing how everyone is getting on :flower:

Hey AliGirl, sorry to hear about your loss. x

Welcome and good luck this month. :flower:

Hello AliGirl and welcome! Sorry for you loss, but happy you are still in the game and are here with us! I am 37 and new here as well! Baby dust!

Hi Ali

Technically I'm not here anymore I know but I spent so long in here, it kind of feels like home as we only just got the 'pregnancy over 35' forum a few months ago. You'll see quite of few of us that still hover around here. Hope you catch your egg soon x

Hi guys. Thanks for making me feel welcome. For the first time in a while with this whole baby-making thing I've found something that I think - 'wow, this is fun'!! It's good to be able to share with other people out there who are going through the same things. :thumbup:

:wave: Welcome Aligirl, i am so sorry for your loss, i sure hope your stay here is short and sweet. This is a great group of ladies, you could not ask for better support!!!!

Hi Aligirl, Welcome aboard.

This is a great board with so many lovely people that can support you through your ttc journey. i couldnt and wouldnt do this without it.

Sorry for your loss.:hugs:

9dpo not long until testing. Good Luck.

Wendy
x

:wave: and welcome.
So sorry about your loss.
When will u b testing? :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Well, funny you should ask about when I will be testing...! I'm REALLY annoyed with myself today. I was at home alone this morning, and a bit bored, so for some insane reason I decided to do a test. :dohh: Not only is it too early, but I also promised myself that I would not do any unnecessary testing, i.e. not until AF was late. I feel that testing before that is generally just a waste of time and money, and just leads to more uncertainty and disappointment. Anyway, I broke all those rules today, and of course it was a bfn, and now I'm cross with myself because of course I was disappointed (even though I know it's too early) and I also feel that I may as well have peeed on a £10 note and flushed it down the loo!! So, I am not, repeat NOT, doing any tests until af is late (due on 8th June!!). :wacko:

if you really really really need to test, get some of the cheap early pregnancy tests off amazon, they do work and cost about 25p a go. at least gives you an indication of whether or not it's worth getting the big boys out. Like you said though it's best if you can wait until AF is late, saves a lot of heartchache. I had 2 BFPs at around 10 dpo but they got fainter as it got close to AF and then AF came 2 days late. best of luck to you.

Thanks for that. I think I'm going to try and avoid testing until AF is late. I was really good when I first got pregnant, and didn't test until I was about 6 days late, so I was fairly confident what the result was going to be. Thanks for the tip though, and if I start to go really crazy I will remember that!! :flower:

Hello Aligirl

I am still lurking here too

Just wanted to say I am very sorry for your loss :hugs:

and I will be very impressed if you can wait till af day- I am a test addict! I am still doing it :blush: I just can't seem to stop myself.
I hope you get a BFP soon
:dust:

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Sorry for your loss, but you will find all of the women here to be the best!:hugs:

Welcome, Allgirl! So sorry for your loss x
Your story about peeing on a £10 did make me laugh though - I wonder how much money I've flushed down the toilet in the past three years! Good luck with TTC for your sticky bean x

hello there

Welcome to the group! Hope you find it fun, useful and a source of encouragement and support. It's slightly addictive tho - be warned!

Thanks Cheshire Panda. I am already well and truly addicted! Just got home from work and first thing I did was log on here!! It's so great to share other people's experiences. I try not to go on about it too much with dh as I just find myself being a bit of a bore, so it's good to chat with others in the same boat!

Hi i have only just joined too, im 39 and have been TTC for 13 months now, im sorry that you recently m/c :angel: you will find support and tips on this site. Good luck x
:dust:

Hey Aligirl, you will make it! So so very sorry for your loss. I am new here too! I just decided after almost 6 months to join the group that has their biological clock ticking like crazy and feel the end nearing! I have been ttc for over a year now using opk's and pre-seed and charting, you name it, I have tried it. I also finally went to an RE and she put me on Clomid 100 mg. days 5-9 then trigger and IUI. No luck. Then we tried a combo of Clomid on days 3-7 and three more days of Menopur on days 7-10. Had three nice follicles and triggered. IUI 36 Hours later. No luck. Tried again (3rd IUI) and started to really feel the pressure and that maybe it would NEVER happen for me. Did Menopur Injections the whole time days 3-10 then triggered and IUI 36 hours later. No Luck! So at this point I was throughly confused and depressed. I started reading the Bible and it said, "Fear Not" so I went for it again (4th IUI). NO LUCK! So now I am completely worn out. I am not saying the Bible doesn't work, I am just saying that it is telling me not to panic and everything will be o.k. I believe it just wasn't right yet. I finally asked God, why and what should I do and told Him I was scared and confused. He told me, "Cover all your Bases." I am not crazy, I just listen and sometimes I really hear God's voice. So, I thought about what I haven't done to cover my bases as far as fertility issues and testing. I came to the conclusion that the ONLY thing I haven't done is have a Laparoscopy done. I have actually been off of birth control for well over 8 years and not gotten preggers. I use no protection (married) so I figured I have a problem but with all the testing on my and DH's part, we both look fine. This leads me to believe I MAY have a problem with Endometriosis. I suffer from SEVERE cramps durring my period and sometimes excruciating pain before and durring ovulation. This has gone on for YEARS. I have gone to a MILLION Gyns (anyways that is how it feels) and they all say the same thing, "you are young, and everhthing looks perfectly healthy from here" ;.) I had even told them about the pain and none of them even suggested LAP. So, I am going on a whim and my RE is very positive about me having one although she did say, "I don't think you need it." That always baffled me. What does that mean, "I don't think" you need it??? LOL! Anyways, I am obviously on a rant but I wanted to give you a little (or alot) of my history. I have the LAP Consult on June 24th. and my birthday is right around the corner which means I will be 39 and still not preggers. How depressing! I am trying my best to trust GOD and not think about it. Everytime I get a positive note from you ladies in the forum, I get a little ray of hope. I will keep you posted. Dear God, I hope they find something during the LAP! Maybe they can fix it and I won't have such painful cycles! Alright ladies, I promise I won't chew your ears off like this anymore. Chat later! BABY DUST TO ALL ! HUGS! Take care Aligirl, you will get your BFP before you know it. Don't take my post as if the same thing will happen to you, everyone is different. Just think, you got preggers so you are deffinately able to conceive! God bless you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->