New to all of this - Clomid cycle 1

Hang in there. You may ovulate a little later than originally thought since your body is getting used to the clomid. My doctor gave me a huge range of when it might happen when he prescribed the 100mg.

And yes it is expensive to test twice with the clear blue ovulation kit day but seems like you are just like me and will do it anyway just so you know. Good luck! Keep us posted....

MrsClarky.....just wondering how it has been going. It has been kind of slow on my end, nothing new to really report.

Thanks for Asking! Actually pretty slow here as well. Still no positive OPK. But, Saturday Morning I literally woke up screaming because of a cramp so sharp! I suffered for probably 20mins before it got better. This was a pain like NO OTHER! I was hoping that it was me actually ovulating the good sized egg/follicle that was shown in the u/s last week. BUT of course, still no positive OPK. I have been testing twice a day now...and i am starting to think that I am just not going to ovulate this round of clomid. Hoping that I do next round of the 100mg. But its just a waiting game now for me to get my period.

I am not sure whether I should even schedule a Progesterone test in the coming week or not...since i had negative OPKS. Any advice on whether you can have a negative OPK, but show you ovulated with progesterone?

Sounds like that was an ovulation pain......I have actually heard before that ovulation can occur between certain levels of a LH surge. However the OPK tests are programmed to test positive only if you reach the higher end of the LH surge and some women don't reach that level so the OPK tests may not detect it even if they did ovulate. My sister said that a blood test can help determine if you are one of those cases. Maybe ask your doc the next time you visit.

Thank you for that information! I just rescheduled my progesterone test for this friday the 21st. Hopefully if i did ovulate last saturday, that they can tell in the blood test and its not too soon. It would be SO awesome if i ended up being pregnant from this time around!!! I don't want to get my hopes up...BUT THEY ARE UP!

That's great.....hopefully you will get some info. My dh was tested last Fri and we got the test results today.....low count. The dr told me that is probably why nothing has happened for us yet. Looks like we are moving on to possibly IUI next cycle. Has anyone out there been in a similar situation......dh with low count and did IUI with clomid? Just feeling really really down today :(

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! As with most of you, i stayed busy and did not post on here any updates. I will do so now!

I went in for the progesterone test on friday dec 21st as scheduled, but I got my period on saturday the 22nd. I did not ovulate on the 50mg of clomid. So the dr upped my dose to 100mg and I am currently on day 13. I am no longer doing the opk's because it made me very dissappointed it seemed. So I am just trying to calculate when i am ovulating on my own this time. And I will be going in next week for my progesterone test and hoping I have good news!

4everWishful do you have any updates on how 100mg went for you? Any luck?

MrsClarky I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

As far as things on my end....no luck. I went in to my Dr. on Dec 26 and they took me off clomid until my dh has a diagnosis from the urologist regarding his low s/a in mid Jan. So we are pretty much doing nothing this month which is disappointing. We can try on our own, but our chances are very slim. We have our first RE consultation at the end of Jan. We'll see where we go from there. Keep us posted regarding your status.....

Thank you very much for the crossing fingers!!! I will do the same for you! Positive thoughts are sent your way!

Update:

So today is cd19. Severe cramping started Saturday (cd15 and hoping it was ovulation) and has gotten better each day but is still here. So that is 4 days of straight cramping. It is worst at night time after i fall asleep. Laying in certain positions seems to help but the cramps do not go away 100%. It feels like really bad gas pains/constipation. Has anyone ever had this before? Could this be only ovulation pains lasting this long or would it be conception pains or anything else?

Good morning, I am new to all of this too. I was officially diagnosed with PCOS in the fall. We did all of the other tests and all thats been found is I don't ovulate. I started clomid 50 mg on day 3 of my cycle (December 30) and then took it for 5 days. When I went back to get an ultrasound and see if anything happened, nothing. My doctor immediately had me start 100 mg for 5 days. I am currently on day 4 of that. I go back Tuesday to find out if anything happened this time and if so schedule my IUI. I know they say clomid makes you moody, but I feel all over the place. Does anyone know how long it takes for the side effects to go away after your cycle is over? Also has anyone else had their dr start them up again so quick after a failed attempt at ovulation? I am really appreciating reading this site, because I'm not feeling in all this.

This morning I got a FAINT but POSITIVE TEST!!! I will be going in to the dr to confirm with a blood test im sure! HOPEFULLY ITS 100% CORRECT!!!!:bfp:

PLEASE HELP!!! I am very discouraged right now...I had a faint positive line this morning on an First Response Early Detection test (6 days before missed AF). I then scheduled a blood test to confirm same day at my dr office and they just called me and told me that my hcg levels are so low (.24) that i am probably not pregnant. She said that i can come back if i miss my period and recheck...but since my hcg levels are so low it is probably a faulty test. :(

PLEASE HELP! ANYONE go thru this same thing and was truly pregnant? Or am i probably not pregnant because of the blood levels?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->