New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

Nixilix - chart looks good :D

I took my temp an hour later yesterday to run in line with clocks going forward. Today I temped at usual time in order to get back into my routine.

It won't make a huge difference to your temps :D

hiya hope its ok to post here but i'm new and the whole charting thing confuses me!

it took nearly 2 years ttc first time round without using charts etc so I'm going to do it this time as i'm hoping it happens a bit quicker lol! but i have a few questions...

i took my first temp this morning when i woke up, i'm using a digital thermometer with one decimal place not a bbt thermometer.. does this make much difference? i can buy the other next time i'm in a chemist but wanted to start straight away instead of waiting to go chemist or for one to be delivered off the net.

i signed up to fertility friend to start a chart

now those ovulation sticks? from what i gather when the line is as strong as or stronger than the original line it means your ovulating?
do you use these sticks every day?
same time every day?
more than once a day?

as i think i saw some people saying they tested and it wasn't a strong line then a couple of hours it was very strong.. so that really confused me!

also with periods.. how do you work out your cycle length? mines always confused me sometimes its 3 weeks between period sometimes 4 sometimes 5... its really irregular so how do you work it out?

sorry for the long post and thank you to anyone that can help!! xxx

Morning winegums, youve got it sussed with the OPK's, you should start using them about cycle day 10 if you dont know when you ovulate. You do really need a 2 decimal place thermometer as you will get a much better picture but keep using the one you have til you've been the chemist.

If you also chart your cervical mucus you will see ovulation approaching from that. You should start your chart with your menses (theres options for spotting, light, medium and heavy) then when your period ends your mucus should be dry or sticky, then it will get creamier or lotiony then as ovulation approaches it will become like egg white (you will be able to stretch it quite far between your fingers), at this point OPK's will become positive, though OPK's dont work for everyone, finding that surge can be difficult, this is why some people do more than one a day.

As this is happening your temperature will lower a bit, then the day following ovulation you will see a sharp rise in your temperature which confirms ovulation has occured. So the first month its not particularly helpful but if you need to know in future months its invaluable, for instance I now know I ovulate on CD14 or 15 so I know when I need to BD with my partner. As for timing BD you might want to take a look at the sperm meets egg plan as that seems to be working pretty well for a lot of people.

Good luck, hope you're not in TTC for long x

AFM, Im out, bang on to the minute. Come on Nicole, get a BFP for me!

Sorry as for your cycle length, fertility friend will do all of that for you, as soon as you report you have started your next period it starts a new chart, you can then see how long your previous cycle was, at what point in the cycle you ovulated and all kinds of useful info!

I've emailed that clinic, as I share an office with 2 other ladies, it would be a bit embarassing discussing my infertility over the phone. I hope to hear back from them later today or tomorrow. If I decide to go ahead and depending on what they recommend, maybe I can book a scan a few days before expected ov to get a good idea of what is going on inside my weird old body!

What about you? How are you feeling? Are you planning on seeing your GP this cycle?

The clinic sounds good - £80 for a scan isn’t much if it is going to give you any kind of insight into what’s going on in there. I hope they get back to you quickly and that they think they will be able to help you – let us know how you get on when they’ve called.

I’m ok just in that boring wait between AF and O now *yawn*

OH and I had a good chat about everything and came up with a mini plan. This month we have both started on Pregnacare Conception tablets and we have decided that if nothing happens by the middle of June I will go to the doctor as it will have been 6 months since my op after the mmc and as I am over 35 I think we can go after 6 months rather than 12.

I know the first thing they will say to me is to lose weight so as from today I’m starting a healthy eating and exercise plan to try and shed some weight so that at least I can try and get the ball rolling before we go.

Have decided to continue charting so that at least if we do have to go to the doctor I can take my charts with me as they should show them I am ovulating at least which might cut down the time we have to wait to get help if we need it.

:hugs: Helly

That's sounds like a really good plan Shazza. :D

Sorry the bitch got you Helly and foxy.. :hugs:
I think shes coming for me to. My temps are still fine but I have that mild pressure I get (I never get af cramps) with in a day or two of her coming. I'm Ok with it..ob wanted me to wait until I had a "normal" cycle first anyway.

Will keep things crossed for you Nicole but I know what you mean, Im glad it wont hit you too hard this cycle.

So sorry Foxy and Helly... I hope you two get answers soon..:flower:
Nicole- What your saying makes perfect sense and I wish you good health either way..:thumbup:

Tested this morning. I am 12 dpo but I was hoping a test would ease my mind either way since we leave for vacation tomorrow morning. This test was :bfn:.... So part of me wants my cycle to just move on but then what fun will vacation be with the witch along for the ride?? But then apart of me will feel totally relieved to drink if I know that there is no possibility that I am pg..Ugh..This is why I was supposed to wait til after the vacation to start trying...LOL.

Sahrene

thank you so much helly good luck for this next coming month :)

I started the FF chart from my last AF which was thurs till yesterday 4 days but only started the temperature today so we will see

Thanks again for all the advice :) xxx

good luck to everyone else

Sahrene sorry about your bfn honey! I cant believe I havent tested yet normally I test as soon as I could get a bfp lol like 8 & 9 dpo.

Afternoon

Aw Foxy, I thought that was it, im sorry she got you hun :hugs:

Helly, How are you feeling, sorry she got you to but it would have been a hard decision to make with you having chicken pox :hugs:

Nicole :test: lol

....... sigh, come on little eggy :-=

lol JB3 I caved and got bfn...and I'm ok with it. of course bfp was wanted but..

Yikes! 16 pages since my last post, I can't keep up :)

Sweetmama, sounds like a great deal on the camera!! Have fun with it and your fan page has some really nice pics, great job! Looks like we've got lots of camera buffs on here. Here's one of my fav photos from our trip to Scotland last summer:

https://www.smugmug.com/photos/822431364_tJ8UV-S.jpg

Angel, I have that exact same lens on my d50 and love it. We go on week long backpacking trips with minimal gear and that's a great do it all lens for sure! Your photos are beautiful, and love your doggies, such cuties!!

Smiley, great looking pics as well. When we all get our BFPs there's going to be no lack of beautiful baby portraits!!

Fifi, welcome back honey. How have you been doing? So glad to see you get to see a FS soon. Have you considered acupuncture or traditional chinese medicine? I've been doing since mid January and I really feel it has helped to get my body back in gear after the miscarriages. I'm still not 100% but each cycle I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to where I was before we started ttc (relatively regular periods, no late ovulation, and no spotting).

Mystic, glad to see you again, love the new baby picture :) 14 weeks, wow, where does the time go!

Fishy, hope all is well. Can't believe you're already at 17 weeks!!

Foxy, grrrrrr is all I have to say to the witch. I thought stealing her GPS would have kept her from finding your house for sure. Guess next time I'll have to sabotage her broom. Glad to hear that you found a clinic that has some options for you!! I probably sound like a broken record but if you have the time and can afford it, I would definitely give acupuncture and tcm a go. There are some great practitioners in England and I'm sure one of the girls on the TCM thread lives near your neck of the woods and could even recommend a specific one. I'll admit I was a total skeptic, and actually I still am, but I can't argue with the positive changes I'm seeing in my body. :hugs: As far as tests I would recommend an ultrasound just so they can see what's going on in there. It can show if your uterus is misshapen (my problem), how your ovaries are looking, if your lining is too thin, and even what your follicles are looking like around ovulation. I would get cd 3 bloods as well (ultimately helps them see if your egg reserve is low), Anti-Cardiolipin Antibody Test (details: https://www.sharedjourney.com/define/aca.html), and depending on the outcome of the ultrasound they may do a lap and dye to see if there is a blockage (think that's the proper term).
The tests I had were ultrasound (several actually), cd 3, anti-cardiolipin, and genetic testing (for chromosomal defects in me or DH that could lead to the miscarriages, not sure you need since mc isn't your problem).

Peace, glad to see you and what a cute little picture!!! 9 weeks, wow!! Hope all is well!

Tinks, don't worry about not temping during AF, a lot of women don't temp during that time and as long as you don't normally ovulate super early in your cycle you'll be fine. I've been using my pre-seed lots this cycle, just in case the Clomid dried up my cm too much.

Moochacha, sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather although being sick around the time of implantation can actually be a good thing as your body's defenses are weakened and are less likely to reject a snuggly bean!!

Pichi, can't wait to see baby's first picture from your scan next week! Fingers crossed and extra sticky glue coming your way!!

Helly, sorry the witch got you and hope you're starting to feel better.

Sahrene, sorry about the BFN but like you said it's still really early. Have a great time on vacation.

Nicole, sorry about your BFN as well, but still plenty of time for it to turn into a BFP!!

Have my mid cycle ultrasound this afternoon to see how my body reacted to the Clomid. Thought I was starting to feel some ovulation pains this weekend but clear blue fertility monitor is still spitting out Low readings. Checked my cervix last night in the shower and it felt high and softer so forced DH to do the BD just in case.

Fifi, welcome back honey. How have you been doing? So glad to see you get to see a FS soon. Have you considered acupuncture or traditional chinese medicine? I've been doing since mid January and I really feel it has helped to get my body back in gear after the miscarriages. I'm still not 100% but each cycle I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to where I was before we started ttc (relatively regular periods, no late ovulation, and no spotting).

Thanks sweetie, I've been up and down, trying to focus on selling our flat and finding a house to buy. I actually was doing Acupuncture and TCM for about 6 months but just can't afford it, I certainly found some improvement and if we had more cash I would carry on with it. This cycle I have decided to try baby aspirin to see if that helps (assuming we manage to conceive).
I'm glad you are improving, how has the recovery been from your op? Hope the U/S shows lots of lovely follicles!

Thanks Fifi! Sounds like you've been very busy, have you located a new house yet? That's right, I remember you talking about acupuncture. If we don't get our BFP soon I may need to cut down to every other week because it does get so expensive. I think the baby aspirin can't hurt, I've read lots of dr's recommending to women who've experienced multiple miscarriages. A bit of a different note but have you had the Anti-Cardiolipin Antibody test performed? If you test positive for the antibody then it can be a cause of recurrent miscarriages and I know baby aspirin and blood thinners are what they use to prevent it from causing a miscarriage. You can read some details at this link: https://www.sharedjourney.com/define/aca.html. I had the test performed after my 2nd miscarriage and it came back fine, but probably worth getting checked out if your DR agrees.

Thanks for the well wishes on the ultrasound!!

Thanks JB3 and bernina, its definately for the best that I didnt get pregnant this cycle, its just niggling in my head now that Ive been doing everything right for 6 cycles now and no PG. OH is over 35 so its off to the Doctors time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->