NEW to charting temps. Confused!?!

ttc11

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm new to charting. Figured why not add another thing to the pot to dwell on. :haha:

I go to bed around 12am. I normally get up at 8am, set my alarm. But there are lots of times when I get up around 4ish to go pee (been drinking lots of water lately due to past UTIs). I go back to bed, but still chart at 8am, because I don't want to chart at different times.

Is this wrong? :dohh: I read where you're supposed to chart before you even get out of bed. At first thought it'd be just fine if I go back to bed for 2+hrs. Should I set my alarm for 4am every morning to be sure? Humpf. Please help. :shrug: Thank you!!!

Nope as long as you've went back and rested for 3 hours it's fine to take the temp at 08:00, no need to set alarm for 04:00

thank you! :hugs: I know my hubby wouldn't be too happy with the 3 or 4am alarm. :haha:

I know some places say to take it ideally before you get out of bed, but personally I think as long as you're consistent as possible, that's the main thing... e.g. my alarm goes off at 5.45am every day, I get up immediately and stumble my way to the bathroom next door, sit down and take my temp then... so I'm up, which may affect it a *smidge*... but it's the same smidge every day.

On the rare occasion I don't do the same time, I use the adjustment formula some recommend, which is +/- 0.05 for every half hours difference.

My chart is a bit crazy this cycle due to clomid and a cold, but usually it's very stable from doing it this way.

thank you! :hugs: I know my hubby wouldn't be too happy with the 3 or 4am alarm. :haha:

LOL no need to go to those extremes:wacko:, I'm a big water drinker so I often get up for a quick pee in the night, no huge dramas with doing that.

God I didn't realise that as I am usually dying to pee in the middle of the nite and I just force myself to sleep :dohh:It' s my first month temping too ,good luck ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well the way I do it, if I'm peeing after 6am then I temp and adjust the temp using this
https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

If it's before 6 I go back to bed and back to sleep and temp when my alarm goes off at 7.30.

I wound up having to do a couple of adjustments myself. What you can do for sanity's sake is take that temp when you go wee, then go back to sleep. Compare that 4a temp using the adjuster to the real temp you take when you wake and assure yourself that you're being pretty accurate. ;)

That's a good point, you can do 2 temps, only thing is I find it hard sometimes to get back to sleep once I've stuffed around with BBT and android charting app.

But yeah charting should not become your sole goal in life, you're allowed to go to the toilet LOL.

That's a good point, you can do 2 temps, only thing is I find it hard sometimes to get back to sleep once I've stuffed around with BBT and android charting app.

But yeah charting should not become your sole goal in life, you're allowed to go to the toilet LOL.

True, lol. Or just jot it on a piece of paper and fool with the app later.:thumbup:

they should have some kind of degree in temping (pardon the pun)!!! It can get very confusing at times esp when one website FF is saying i've ovulated and the other CTP is saying i haven't. But i'm going with FF because it's a site i trust. As for getting up during the night i do this a lot and with the children as well. I tend to set my alarm for 3.00am now and then i know i've had at least 4 hours sleep and not have to worry about going to see to the children. Good luck x

I'm glad I saw this thread. I just started temping yesterday for CD1. I thought it would be a good idea to temp around the time I wake up for work, but now I am thinking that I should do it later since I only work 3 days a week. Should I just use the adjuster? I also get up at least once a night to pee and get a drink of water. I'm not sure that if I temp at 6am every morning that I will have that 3-4 hour sleep window. Any suggestions?

I would say yes use the adjuster, on the mornings you sleep in, to adjust back to the alarm time on working mornings, that's what I do. I sometimes get up and pee and unless it's close to my getting up time I just go back to bed and temp at my usual time, my bathroom is about 10 steps from my bed so I'm not exerting myself LOL, so I think it's fine to get up and pee and go back to bed for a couple of hours then temp.

Thanks for advice, ladies! So far so good. Even though the temp charting told me I could of ovulated on CD10 cuz my temp shot up for 4 days straight... but OPKs told me I ovulated around CD15 and next day it shot up again. So I don't know.

1st time charting is most confusing because you're looking at something you don't really understand. Hopefully I won't have to chart too long (FX), but it is interesting to see what you're body is doing throughout the month. Does suck to remember to temp every morning at same time. I've even had dreams about missing the time and screwing it up. haha.

Hi ladies! I am considering starting to chart my bbt too. I started acupuncture treatments and she suggested I start doing the bbt chart so she can get a better idea of when I ovulate, and adjust the treatments accordingly. But....my question is this... Does clomid affect the "normal" bbt? Can you get accurate charts when you bbt on clomid?

Thanks for any info.

Hmm, quite a few ladies who chart have also taken Clomid, maybe it's worth doing a Clomid thread search on that one? My feeling is yes you can still get an accurate chart and measure on whilst on Clomid.

Ovulation confusion. According to my temps, possible ovulation was CD11. But according to my OPKs possible ovulation was CD 16. This is my first chart, so I can't follow patterns yet. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas? :flower:

I attached a screen capture of my chart.

Attachments

• chart capture.jpg
    chart capture.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
When, roughly, do you normally OV and how long is your LP?

Well my OPKs have all shown positives around the same time... CD 15-17. In the past my docs have told me that sometimes the OPKs can be wrong, that I should start charting. But that was months ago. oops. I would just do the test strips in the past, but since we've been trying for a year, I was thinking maybe I'm actually ovulating earlier than I thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->