NEW to charting temps. Confused!?!

My thoughts exactly. Now to let the eggs know.....:haha:

I decided to POAS for the first time this morning - and I had disturbed dreams about it all night!

I decided to POAS for the first time this morning - and I had disturbed dreams about it all night!

LOL not as funny as the one I had earlier this week where I had to check the teeth of a whole barn full of cows I bet.....

POAS is an important rite of passage and all, but you're only 7 DPO so chances of getting a BFP very very low this early.

LOL not as funny as the one I had earlier this week where I had to check the teeth of a whole barn full of cows I bet.....

:haha: No, it wasn't funny at all, one of those stressful, disturbing ones.

POAS is an important rite of passage and all, but you're only 7 DPO so chances of getting a BFP very very low this early.

I know, and it was BFN, which I was expecting, but Mon's enthusiasm for it persuaded me to have a go! Because I have a short LP I've never got far enough to test so decided to do it early just so I could have a go!

With a short LP, testing early really isn't a good idea...since implantation is typically 6-10DPO.

Fair enough too, at least with HPT's you can use FMU and not have to hold the pee, the opk gets very wearing after a while.

What was the dream then so we can analyse it LOL.

With a short LP, testing early really isn't a good idea...since implantation is typically 6-10DPO.

Why not? If it's in case of risk of chemical, then I'm prepared for that. I'd like to know if we can even get to that stage - then we might have some idea if the short LP is a problem or not. I'm not the sort of person who will get all excited if I get a BFP. I probably wouldn't believe it until I get to 6 months pg, then I might... possibly... just start to begin to celebrate and plan (hence why I haven't joined in any of the nursery talk on the other thread!!)

What was the dream then so we can analyse it LOL.
I was staying in a house with my family (Mum, Dad, brothers) and trying to do the test secretly and hide it from them, but people kept interrupting and coming into the rooms where I was leaving the test to develop, so I had to keep doing it because it kept getting left beyond the 10 mins you're supposed to read it. And I wasn't sure if any of them had seen it and worked out what I was doing because they didn't say anything about it but I was sure they must have done...
You see, not funny or even that wierd, just stressful!!

Yeah that's not funny at all, it's just pure anxiety.

You need some comic relief lady, have a look at the POAS thread for softcup discussion that'll give you a laugh I hope.

Yeah that's not funny at all, it's just pure anxiety.

You need some comic relief lady, have a look at the POAS thread for softcup discussion that'll give you a laugh I hope.

It's alright, most of the threads on here give me comic relief! You ladies make me laugh!

All I meant, was if you have say a 9 day LP and you implant on 10DPO, an early test will not pick anything up until your cycle is actually late.

All I meant, was if you have say a 9 day LP and you implant on 10DPO, an early test will not pick anything up until your cycle is actually late.

Well I'm hoping maybe my lovely body will choose to implant at the early 6 day end of the scale!! (I take back what I just said about +ve thinking on the other thread - I CAN do it sometimes!)

Well v sensitive tests are supposed to be able to pick up pre-implantation sometimes - that's when you can get a "chemical" or "false positive" - an embryo has started developing and it registers as a +ve on a test but it doesn't implant. That's where short LPs are supposed to be a problem. You might have a fertilised egg, but for some reason your body starts shedding its uterine lining before the egg gets chance to implant. (I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know).

So my theory is if I test early I might pick up if I had a chemical pregnancy then at least I'd know if the short LP is causing a problem or not. Although I agree it's very unlikely - chances of picking up anything pre-9 days (the longest LP I've had so far) are highly unliikely. :(

Lancy, I am the queen of the CP and MMC; I know the process.

:hugs: Sorry to hear that. :hugs:
If you don't mind me asking, what's the earliest DPO you got a +ve result followed by a CP? (If you do mind me asking, tell me to shut up!)

:hugs: Sorry to hear that. :hugs:
If you don't mind me asking, what's the earliest DPO you got a +ve result followed by a CP? (If you do mind me asking, tell me to shut up!)

Ask away, lol

8-9DPO. Technically during a CP, you have implantation for a very short time; HCG will not be produced without implantation happening first.

Technically during a CP, you have implantation for a very short time; HCG will not be produced without implantation happening first.

Really? Well that buggers up my theory then!
Sometimes I hate the internet, there's a lot of not quite fully correct mis-information out there.

Btw, if you are using the early tests that say they detect an HCG of 10...I think they are awful.

The less sensitive tests seem to pick up HCG before those do, lol

Btw, if you are using the early tests that say they detect an HCG of 10...I think they are awful.

The less sensitive tests seem to pick up HCG before those do, lol

Yeah you're not the first to have said that to me. But I'm a tight git and refuse to pay the exorbitant cost for 'proper' ones!

Just get the Wondfo 20-25HCG test from Amazon or Ebay...I paid under $10 for 100 of them, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->