NEW to charting temps. Confused!?!

Just get the Wondfo 20-25HCG test from Amazon or Ebay...I paid under $10 for 100 of them, lol

Someone already suggested them to me. Not in the UK unfortunately. All I could find was 2 for £7 (approx US$11)!!
We only seem to have the ICs or the really expensive Clearblue/First Response etc. Own brands from supermarkets are a bit cheaper but not much.

Actually that might have been Ov tests, but either way, just searched again and no sign in the UK.
Just looked them up on US Amazon. Can you send me a link to the ones you mean, because the ones I found look exactly the same as the ICs I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Home-...1SOI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1314980982&sr=8-7

I don't even test anymore. I'm almost always on time with AF, I figured if I'm a day or two late, then I'll test. Or if I get symptoms. The phantom symptoms I create in my head...:wacko:

Speaking of softcups... tried those first time this round too. My DH hands me them, he won't look when I put one in. :haha: "It ruins the sex appeal". :haha:

I tried them recently too, they suck, and there is no way I'd put them in in front of my partner, it would for sure ruin the moment

haha. DH gets' it. So he's all for it. Just looks away.:blush: They are a pain, but I get UTIs very easily, so I think for me it works better.

I can't bear the thought of putting a softcup in so don't think I'll be trying them!

Back to the charting discussion and using the basal body adjuster...

In the interests of scientific experimentation :) I did a spreadsheet of my last two cycles comparing the actual temps taken and adjusted ones using the BBT adjuster (https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php). (See, told you I was a data nerd :blush:)

In my case, I was right about different times not making much difference to my chart.

I thoroughly recommend doing it to help you work out your own patterns. It's really put my mind at ease about taking my temp at different times.
This was mine:

Attachments

• Temps1.JPG
    Temps1.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Temps2.JPG
    Temps2.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 2
Maybe I will adjust on FF and leave as is on CTP and compare at the end of next cycle.

I also have a new BBT that I didn't use this cycle bc it came after I started this chart and it's running .5 degrees higher than my old one.

Maybe I will use the new BBT on one chart as well.

I also have a new BBT that I didn't use this cycle bc it came after I started this chart and it's running .5 degrees higher than my old one.

Maybe I will use the new BBT on one chart as well.
Doing this you'll def verify if the offset/shift is consistent. I'd do it to "prove out" the new one.:thumbup:

Back to the charting discussion and using the basal body adjuster...

In the interests of scientific experimentation :) I did a spreadsheet of my last two cycles comparing the actual temps taken and adjusted ones using the BBT adjuster (https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php). (See, told you I was a data nerd :blush:)

In my case, I was right about different times not making much difference to my chart.

I thoroughly recommend doing it to help you work out your own patterns. It's really put my mind at ease about taking my temp at different times.
This was mine:

:thumbup:I've done this too, I use adjusted temps on FF but leave unadjusted times in OvuView and have an Excel spreadsheet where I compare them, so I can always go back and refer to that if need be.

NS, what did you determine; which is more accurate?

Adjusted temps - show a better pattern for me anyway, a more consistent temp curve.

I had holidays in the past few months and work travel, so my timekeeping was pretty variable, some days I had to temp at 5am to catch a plane, sleeping in hotels and getting woken up early, others where I'd sleep in til 9.30, so adjusted gets my vote but I'm willing to entertain that it's different strokes for different folks

:thumbup:I've done this too, I use adjusted temps on FF but leave unadjusted times in OvuView and have an Excel spreadsheet where I compare them, so I can always go back and refer to that if need be.

Go on - share a pic of one of yours. I'd like to see the difference on someone else's (because I'm nosey). :)

Yes, it's made me think I might start using adjusted temps on FF as it doesn't seem to make that much difference to my chart and FF is happier when you don't have lots of open dots!

BTW did anyone have any answers on how they work out their coverline when using Excel and charting in Celsius (or was that question on another thread?) Someone said last 6 data points and add .1, but think that was for Fahrenheit.

BTW did anyone have any answers on how they work out their coverline when using Excel and charting in Celsius (or was that question on another thread?) Someone said last 6 data points and add .1, but think that was for Fahrenheit.

Think I've just answered my own question. Got DH to work it out for me (he's better at maths!) 0.1F=0.06C

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->