New to cloth diapering!

This lady on Craigslist is selling 12 Lil joeys for $100 is that a good price for used diapers?

It is for that brand. A two pack costs $30. So that's $180 new. Plus that's a really good brand. I'd ask a few questions like if she's dried them in a dryer before. If she has, pass. What she washed them with. If it all checks out, snatch them up!

Ive got prefolds and covers for baby when hes newborn as well. I also bought a whole stash of mainly used fitteds from a lady selling hers. Theres a few pocket diapers in there as well. So prefolds for first month or so then fitteds and prefolds. Buying used was soooo much cheaper!

Well I decided to pass on the lil joeys and just bought 24 new Prefolds and 5 new covers with 2 snappies I paid $137 ... Is that enough for the newborn stages?

Well I decided to pass on the lil joeys and just bought 24 new Prefolds and 5 new covers with 2 snappies I paid $137 ... Is that enough for the newborn stages?

They are just for newborn stage? Your baby is going to grow out of those so fast I'm afraid.

I also bought these as they are suppose to make clean up a lot more easier.

https://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30/Leslie_Landry/a05e3aeda6d63a570a8706b10e682fe4_zpsb65cd39f.jpg

They are just for newborn stage? Your baby is going to grow out of those so fast I'm afraid.

Some babies are out of newborn diapers before even leaving the hospital but some stay in them a few weeks. Mine stayed in newborn diapers about a month. We could have used them longer but moved up to stage 1 size (disposables) since they fit in those too. But with prefolds, I'm sure she could use them a few months before baby outgrows them.

I plan on buying a few kawaii next. I've read good and bad. I've read that the lining starts getting matted after a few washes, but I think people writing those reviews were drying them which is a big no no.

There's nothing wrong with drying Kawaiis, the washing instructions right on the diapers say "Tumble dry, low to medium heat". We've never had issues, they're great. :)

I plan on buying a few kawaii next. I've read good and bad. I've read that the lining starts getting matted after a few washes, but I think people writing those reviews were drying them which is a big no no.

There's nothing wrong with drying Kawaiis, the washing instructions right on the diapers say "Tumble dry, low to medium heat". We've never had issues, they're great. :)
Interesting! I thought PUL wasn't supposed to be in heat. But I'm super new to cloth diapering. So you use Kawaiis? You like them? I want to buy some but I keep hearing mixed reviews.

We used disposables until the meconium was gone. That stuff is like molasses and car oil. Throw it away, man. Bleh! What a pain to wash. After it passed, we used BG 4.0. I'm a fan of them. With an extra insert, we have no leaks at night.

Interesting! I thought PUL wasn't supposed to be in heat. But I'm super new to cloth diapering. So you use Kawaiis? You like them? I want to buy some but I keep hearing mixed reviews.

Yep, the Kawaiis are my favourites. I had more leaks in the $20+ Fuzzibunz, AppleCheeks, etc. that I was buying. I think a lot of it comes down to fit, though. Some brands work perfectly for some babies while they don't work at all for others. You never know until you try! Kawaiis are a safe bet though since they're so cheap, even if they don't work like you'd hoped, you're not out much money.

Yep, the Kawaiis are my favourites. I had more leaks in the $20+ Fuzzibunz, AppleCheeks, etc. that I was buying. I think a lot of it comes down to fit, though. Some brands work perfectly for some babies while they don't work at all for others. You never know until you try! Kawaiis are a safe bet though since they're so cheap, even if they don't work like you'd hoped, you're not out much money.
Yeah, I heard it depends on baby. Which sort of stinks because I was wanting to have a good stash before she is born. :dohh:

Yeah, that's tricky. We did disposables at first so I'm not sure a way around that really, unless you're using flats or prefolds!

Well they fit up to 15 lbs and 3 of the covers 12lbs and the other 2 18lbs... But prefolds can always be used as inserts or just folded inside covers so I think I made the right choice. I hope Lol

I have 20 size one little lamb / lollipop fitted and 20 size one Bambinomio prefolds plus a load of various size covers, all preloved but in mint condition! Plan to move onto an AIO type once she grows out of these but still not sure which ones to go for yet

I have 20 size one little lamb / lollipop fitted and 20 size one Bambinomio prefolds plus a load of various size covers, all preloved but in mint condition! Plan to move onto an AIO type once she grows out of these but still not sure which ones to go for yet

Yeah it's hard when there are so many to choose from!

Rumparooz seemed to best the best because of the double gussets to help prevent leaks from blowouts. They are pricy but I believe they will be worth it. I bought an Alva Baby because they have double gussets too and only like $6 but there was a reason they were so cheap the quality was very poor in my opinion. I haven't actually used any yet because little one is not here quite yet but just inspecting the diapers I really think Rumparooz are great and they are all the pocket style and what I'm going to do is use flushable liners as well for poops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->