New to temping....

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by MKAC2005, Nov 18, 2011.

1. MKAC2005

MKAC2005 Well-Known Member

I just bought a BBT thermometer and I have set up a FF account. I'm wondering if oral or vaginal temps are better? I usually do not sleep all the way through the night without waking a couple times and right now I have a slight cold with a bad stuffy nose so i'm probably mouth breathing. I really want to find out if i'm ovulating so I don't want to do anything to mess up temping this cycle. Any advice on temping would be great thanks :)

2. irmastar

irmastar proud mom & a bit preggo

i have no advice on tempting sorry but i didn't want to r&r. i have read that if u sleep with your mouth open or if you get up alot at night it is better to tempt vaginally. GL

3. MKAC2005

anyone else?? advice please :nope:

4. Spacy

Spacy Our first little bean

Vaginally.... It's more accurate.

5. taylorxx

taylorxx Well-Known Member

I like oral temps, but vaginal works fine too. You can only choose one method per cycle because vaginal temps are generally quite higher than oral. If you think vaginal will work better for you, then do that. Be sure to put the thermometer in the same "length" each morning (however "far" you stick it in, I used to put it in all the way like you would orally each time) xx

6. MKAC2005

Thanks ladies, I think i'll try vaginally I think it would be a better option for me for now.