New to this: + OPK 4 days ago, temperatures still low

newbee1

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this post! I know it is long, and I am such a novice the answers might be clear as day and I can't see it. So thank you!

I am new to this, and looking for a bit of advice. I am uncertain if this is user error or something I should be more concerned about.

I have been tracking my periods on Ovia for the past few months and just started "trying" in November. I originally was doing very little research and just going on the dates predicted on the Ovia ap. However, I did not fall pregnant in November or December. I decided to do some research on OPK kits and Basal Metabolic Temperature. I purchased a kit and a basal thermometer that works with an ap called Femometer. So this month I have been using both Ovia & Femometer. Femometer predicted (based on past period information) that my fertile window would be from Jan 15 to January 20th and Ovia predicted I would ovulate between January 20th and January 25th. (I am thinking that perhaps I missed my fertility window last month since Ovia appears to place it one week after the other ap.)

Anyway, I was away in a Hotel for work this past week, with a time change (factored in already) and a drink or two 1 or two at a cocktail hour earlier in the week so my temperatures were a bit all over the place.

I was using a OPK test and recieved a YES+ on Thursday January 19th around 9:30 in the morning.

My husband and had sex leading up to it Sat, Mon, Wednesday, 2x Thursday after the positive OPK. Then Friday was a travel day, We did it again Sat and then yesterday which was Mon again.

My temperature dropped a bit once I got back to the east coast. I assume because of environmental factors . But, they have stayed some what stagnant since.

Thurs: 97.41
Fri: 98.1
Sat: 97.6
Sun: 97.5
Mon: Skipped
Tues: 97.2
Wed: 97.7
Thurs: 97.0 POSITIVE OPK+
Fri: 96.9
Sat: 97.3
Sun: 97.38
Mon: 97.34
Tues: 97.56

I guess I was expecting a big spike in temperature on Saturday or Sunday and have been a little alarmed that I have not seen it yet.

Do you think this is user error, the fact the I havent ovulated yet, or something to be concerned about?

Any advice would be helpful!

Your post ovulation temps do seem low, however some women don't have a huge rise in temperature post ovulation. The fact that it does seem to be slowly getting higher is making me think that you did in fact ovulate when you had your positive opk. Are you temping orally or vaginally? I've noticed my vaginal temps are a lot less drastic than my oral temps (and more accurate).

Thanks for your reply. I hope you are right! I'm temping orally, if I don't get good news this month I will try temping vaginally. I am just concerned since my temps haven't risen to that next level yet that maybe I'm not ovulating. Fingers crossed everything is fine and it's just my inexperience/user error.

I second temping vaginally. Way better looking charts, especially if you are a mouth breather like I am. :)

You can get a positive OPK and not actually ovulate. Sometimes your body gears up to O and then doesn't. Did you taken OPK's after you got your positive? How was your cervical fluid around when you got a positive OPK. Did you notice it turning watery or egg-white?

I know when you start out it can be a lot, but I am so thankful that TTC has made me so in tune with my body, and I have learned so much. Good luck! I hope you get your :bfp: this month!!!

Thanks for your response. My temperatures continue to be on the rise, just now sharp jump. Yesterday they went up .2 to 97.84 and then today they went up again almost .3 to 98.1. Maybe I just ovulated later than I expected? I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens over the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->