New Year's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Curious to know what you do to celebrate New Year's Eve?

Before I had kids, we did the night club thing. After my first child in 2001, we pretty much stayed home and often fell asleep before midnight. New Years 2008 was the first time we've been out since before our first child and we went to a few of our friend's houses to wish them Happy New Years. I had two drinks because I know hangover plus kids just don't mix. Turns out I was pregnant at that time anyhow!

Looks like New Years 2009 may be a quiet one again. :)

wow havent thought about it!!

Two years ago i went to a party and met my OH :happydance: and last year I was working in a pub with my sister and my OH came there......dont know about this year....may get some friends round....

where we live were on the bank of the river humber literally at the edge of our back garden so we tend to watch all the ships shoot off their flares at midnight and listen to all the horns honking in the docks.. it tends to seem boring to people but we like it.

not a lot of partying going on anyways.. I save it all up for my birthday (on the 2nd) when the drink, food and taxi prices aren't horrendous :D
but saying all that.. happy to stay in and be mummy with homemade fairy cakes and ice cream too

I normally spend it at my cousins having a house party (they have 4 kids so its easier !) but i dont know this year probably a quiet night at home !!

I think I may decorate the nursery if everything goes well! Sounds a nice idea and eat some nice food as I cant drink nice wine!!

I've only been out once on NYE 2005. And that wasn't far...was just to a local pub. Had a great night though. 2006 I invited my cousin over, and we spent it at my house with my family, got a little tipsy. 2007 Absolutely nobody round, just me and my family, was a quiet night, but had a drink, and I remember putting acryllic nails on whilst watching Big ben counting down lol. How exiting eh? So this year will probably be the best yet. I'll have my newborn baby and fiance to spend it with, woohoo. Don't know what were doing yet, but we'll probs just have a mini-party. :D

I will be a whale this yr so just watch the fireworks on tele!!

i normally end up doin somethin at the last minute. the year before last my parents had a party and i had to sleep on the floor cos i couldnt get on my bed (its a cabin bed so was dead high). last year i stayed in with OH and passed out on the sofa bout 9 o'clock!! he only just managed to wake me up at about 11.55!! to my delight i got straight thru to my dad at midnight on the phone! then i started drinking again!! this year i think will just be a quiet one tho!

I never do anything
im starting to think im getting old before my time

i wanna go out this new years eve though even if i have to drag someone out :happydance:

I am gonna be sat watching the box, my DH is on call this NYE so i may even be on my own..Although i always sneak upstairs and give my kids a kiss and say Happy new year to them :)

We either have a house party, our group of friends take it in turns to host, or we all go to our local for a 70's-90's themed party. Role on New Years Eve!!

One time i went out for it .. lets just say i never will drink vodka again :dohh: :lol:
But these last few years its been sitting infront of the telly and try and keep my eyes open for 12 but never can :lol:

My grandparents usually take th whole family to Center Parcs which is ace but not sure what we're doing this year, probably a quiet one :)

xxx

Since having my kids its always a quiet one at home unless we have friends round but even then its just a few drinks and happy conversation due to the kids on a few occasions ive been in bed before the bells

:hug:

I will be a whale this yr so just watch the fireworks on tele!!

I agree with this one i'll be huaaawge too so i think lots of nice comfort food snuggly clothes maybe go for a nice walk in the day and snuggle up at night with bump and boyfriend lol. x

usually at home in my room on the computer. i hardly do the countdown thing...

this year though, if Baby Girl is ontime, im hopin to be in labor on new years eve :lol:

Well normally we just go to BIL's house as he has kids, so its just us and they have a drink the odd time or 2 MIL has babysat 4 them so we have gone out. My mum has offered to babysit LO is we wanna go over BIL's and stay the night. (dunno if i could leave her!)
xx

We used to go away to cottages in the countryside with like 20 faily friends when i was younger and have massive drunken parties, drive there on morning of new years eve, come back on the 2nd of jan, was soo good.

But my mam before that, and for the past 4 years or summit have thrown a massive party at theirs, one year it was aussie bbq, my dad wore a cork hat and shorts and bbq'd in snow lmao rofl

So same this year...big party :D

I worked new years eve when i was 17 and looked even remotely old enough to go to bars! and last new years when i was old enough to go out we all just had a big house party at my friends and played drinking games and had 'naked new years' where all the guys got naked at midnight while us girls just stood their looking at our toes haha!

this year i would love to go out, but i would also love to spend it with bump. will think closer to the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->