New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

So... (Warning, lots of f bombs dropped).

I got super frustrated last week. Weighed in on Thursday and was UP a pound and a half. Made me so angry. Here I am, eating healthy and low carb 95% of the time, make an effort to get at least 10500 steps each day (but average of 16000 steps each day...that's over 6 miles, and at least an hour on the treadmill each day), drink plenty of water, and NONE of that fucking matters. But take one night and have beer and nachos, and THAT is what shows on the scale. Yes, I know bloating and so on but I weighed in 36 hours later and you'd think all the healthy stuff I did would at least have neutralized the indulgence but no. Fuck fuck fuck. Not fucking working.

Then I felt sorry for myself and decided that since nothing I did mattered anyway I would just eat what I wanted. Didn't go super overboard but Chinese food on Saturday night, and yesterday was my son's birthday so chips and cupcakes.

Have gotten ahold of myself today and realized that I was being stupid. I am sure not going to get results if I don't watch what I eat.

However, I am suspecting that I won't achieve any real weight loss until I stop breastfeeding my son, and until I manage to get more sleep. He (and by extension, me) wakes every night still. I don't feed him anymore at night but he needs his soother put in or his blanket pulled up. He is 2 now, so I think it is time to cut him off.

I can sympathise I started the week at 160 and ended it at 160 and did nothing different from any other week except I went out for lunch when at work and ate pasta.

I always gain if I drink - I usually spend the week eating well and then a couple of glasses of wine puts a pound or two o I spend the rest of the week losing til it starts again.

Still breastfeeding too and feel the same!

For those of you on low carb/high protein/keto have you tried using Ketostix? I did one the morning after I ate all that stuff and was still pretty dark, my body is efficiently in fat burning mode. I like that I can see which foods effect the ketosis mode, you can tell which foods hinder efficient fat burning.

Tell me more. I think I would like this. Where do you buy them? How do you use and read them?
:jo: Warby, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! You have to wait at least 2 days after eating major dollops of sodium before getting back on that scale. NO FAIR! So now that you've had your Chinese just get back into your normal pattern and once the water weight goes you'll still lose, just give it time. It's good for your metabolism to get a boost now and then. When I'm not losing on the scale, I'm losing in the pant size that's always how it's worked for me, I hope this happens for you too.

The Ketostix I can get at my Walmart pharmacy. They're practically everywhere - you prob just have to ask for them (which I did, no time to fart around). Or I saw Amazon has them too. They help motivate me, I always like to see a nice dark line, when it lightens up I get annoyed and watch my eating more closely or muster up a workout.

Quartz, I started having a martini on our night out (Thursdays) instead of my usual red wine. I'm not sure but maybe the sugar content in red wine is higher? 6 oz glass of red (can I limit it to one?) is 144 while 2 martinis is 128. But then there are the olives...

So, you pee on them in the morning? And a dark line means you are in fat burning mode?

I agree with the others; it's probably not a real gain and just a symptom of what you've had for the past few days. This is why I weigh on Friday morning, because weekends are usually when I have my high-sodium meals. And you're supposed to vary your calorie intake to keep your body guessing, so having a bit more once or twice a week can be a good thing. :) Happy Birthday to your son!

I was able to get about 40 minutes of exercise in today, so it's a start! Got my calorie intake back under control, so hopefully the scale will show something on Friday. (mid-post edit: even better now, since DD decided dinner tasted better in my bowl and ate part of it :haha:) I jogged in place while watching a cooking show - self-torture feels soooooo good. I want to get back in to kickboxing and circuit training soon. Yoga is lovely too!

So, you pee on them in the morning? And a dark line means you are in fat burning mode?

Lol I pee on them at any random time of the day. I had a wicked workout today but ate pumpkin coconut chocolate protein balls and did a poas when I got home, the pumpkin was prob too many carbs because the colour was only on slight. So no pumpkin balls tomorrow!

How everyone getting on?
I maintained last Sunday so hopefully a loss this week. :flower:

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Week 2: 128.4 (-0 lbs, on period)
Week 3: 128.6 (+.2 lbs)
Week 4: 126.2 (-2.4 lbs)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

I was very good this past week; ate under calorie goal and exercised several times. So happy to finally see progress again! :happydance: (and so close to 40 lbs that I can taste it!)

My husband has been working a lot lately, so he's taking me out to dinner to help me relax a bit (no cooking and no dirty dishes... yes, please :coffee:). I was going to keep it light, but now I think I'm going to enjoy something greasy and full of calories, mmm.

Good luck to everyone else! The first month of 2015 is wrapping up, and I swear it flew by.

Hi ladies, weighed in today still no change, 163.8 and holding but my clothing feels better and my arms look smaller with all my workouts. I really wanted to reach my goal of 160 by jan 30 but it looks like I might have to wait for that.
Still eating well though and getting lots of water in. Hope everyone is doing well.

Good work ladies! I am skipping the weigh in this week. I'm in Orlando for a conference! But I have done tons of walking every day (visiting Disney parks is good for that) and even did my run today.

Saw this and thought I'd post...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1
I love Disney! Wandering the parks is the best workout! :happydance:

Great article, thanks for sharing. :) It's so true, have a network of support on MFP last year was such a huge help, and made the process fun. I miss the group challenges I did. So much easier to stay motivated with others!

We did hibachi tonight, and I'm still under calorie goal, so it was a win-win. I have a nice bloated stomach to show for it, but the food was soooooo worth it.

I weighed in today and I've lost another lb. I'm impressed as yesterday I consumed a 1000 calories to many due to a surprise party I went to (pizza and wine) and a McDonald's breakfast at work.

Congrats on your loss!

Today was no good food-wise. :haha: Had hibachi leftovers for lunch, and then my mother came up to visit and we went out to dinner again. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, so moving forward for these last 6 lbs!

Today was not so good. :haha: Hubby isn't into sports, thankfully, but the guys in his office are going crazy over the Super Bowl tonight, and there will probably be a few hangovers in the morning. So I whipped up some salsa and guacamole and layered it in the shape of a football field in a pan (thank you, Pinterest). But then I realized I couldn't just send hubby to work with just salsa and guacamole, so I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies because I know they have a sweet tooth. As the chef I had to taste everything, of course.

Tomorrow I am going to run it off! Tonight, I am going to enjoy cookie dough batter. :coffee:

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Week 2: 128.4 (-0 lbs, on period)
Week 3: 128.6 (+.2 lbs)
Week 4: 126.2 (-2.4 lbs)
Week 5: 128.6 (+2.4 lbs)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

We went to a hockey game last night with the guys from hubby's office, and sat in the all you can eat and drink section... we won't talk about all that was consumed last night. :coffee:

I don't look like I've gained weight, so I'm still happy!

Oh I've been feeling discouraged lately, I should have been losing more weight than this until this morning when I decided to poas. I've been given less than 5% chance to get pregnant and very very low chance of carrying because I have severe immune issues but it turns out I'm 3 weeks pregnant! At 700-900 calories a day I was just really frustrated to see the scale go up 2 lbs and thought my period was coming. I think I'm bloated for other reasons:haha:

So I do need to keep on my anti-inflammatory diet as this probably helped the situation (no bread, pasta, cereal, gluten etc) but I'll be upping my calories slightly so it doesn't make me so crazy (it's been really tough this last week with cravings).
image.jpg

CONGRATS!!! That's the best reason to have gained some weight. :D Hope you have a smooth pregnancy! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->