New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

After downing a big glass of water and a cup of coffee, I realized that I forgot to weigh myself this morning. Oops. I'll weigh myself tomorrow instead.

Hello! I aim to drop 15 pounds by April, I think that it is quite feasible. Lot's of water, morning runs, and a well balanced diet plan :) Good luck girls! Stay focused :D

Hello! I aim to drop 15 pounds by April, I think that it is quite feasible. Lot's of water, morning runs, and a well balanced diet plan :) Good luck girls! Stay focused :D

Good luck! And I have to say, the Star Wars fangirl in me squee'd when I saw your username. :haha:

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

Almost back to where I was before I took my break! :happydance:

Woo hoo Kitteh nice loss and you met your goal early!

Weighed in today at 150.6, almost two pounds down from last weigh in. But more importantly, almost out of the 150s!

I am trying to be just generally healthier. Yesterday, I realized that I had not taken my multivitamin, so I downed it with water. Big mistake! I should take them with meals but this was around two hours after I ate. I started driving, all of a sudden felt extremely nauseated, pulled over, vomited, had some water, felt much better, and went on my way!:haha:

Hi ladies-

Do you mind if I join you? I am hoping to lose some weight before ttc #2 which will be sometime between July 2015-July2016. Ideally I want to lose 75 lbs but for now my short term goal is to lose 45 before getting pregnant.

I have continued with my terrible holiday eating and I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow after I go through the pantry and restock it with approved food. My doctor wants me on a low carb diet so I am planning to start that back up.

I typically weigh in every other day. I could update on Mondays which will keep me motivated not to cheat on the weekends.

I really need to start exercising!! That is always my hardest thing. I am trying to convince DH to get an elliptical. I hate going to the gym and it is to cold right now to go outside.

Well I was good the other day and didn't reach for the buscuits tin but didn't go running either. I did cycle to book group rather than drive yesterday, a 3 mile round trip.

I've had another rough day at work so no excerise today and have gone a few calories over but I've been going a week now and I'm 743 calories under my weekly goal.

Weigh in is tomorrow morning. I'm not convinced it's going to be a loss as I feel I'm holding water at the moment.

Congrats on your loss, Warby!

krissie328 - I also hate the gym and have yet to set foot in one. Google workouts you can do at home; there are plenty! Some sites even offer suggestions on how to turn house items into equipment. There are plenty of free videos on YouTube as well, like Jillian Michaels. As long as you're moving you're burning calories. :)

Kay_Baby - you never know! I definitely wasn't expecting the number I saw today, especially with all the bloat I have right now. Hope you get what you're looking for!

Hi ladies, kay_baby, they say abs are made in the kitchen (ha ha mine will never show through) but I take from that and for me exercise is great but my weight loss is much more consistent when I focus on eating properly, sometimes I feel exercise makes me too ravenous/out of control hunger. Exercise is great but don't feel super bad if you miss, congratulate yourself for eating well.

7 lbs down since I started, haven't got to the gym yet but my noon hour work fitness classes start next week so that might help with the motivation. I've been running the stairs at work out of guilt for not getting to the gym.

Great job, 2have4kids! :flower:

What I mostly took from using MFP for well over a year now is similar: watch your food intake to lose weight, and exercise to tone your body. I still usually try to exercise when I need extra calories for a big splurge though. :haha:

I used to work on the 4th floor of a building, and it always amazed me how many coworkers would run up and down the stairs on their break. I tried doing that a couple of times and almost passed out (and that was before I put on the weight), so it's definitely a great workout!

Hi ladies, kay_baby, they say abs are made in the kitchen (ha ha mine will never show through) but I take from that and for me exercise is great but my weight loss is much more consistent when I focus on eating properly, sometimes I feel exercise makes me too ravenous/out of control hunger. Exercise is great but don't feel super bad if you miss, congratulate yourself for eating well.

7 lbs down since I started, haven't got to the gym yet but my noon hour work fitness classes start next week so that might help with the motivation. I've been running the stairs at work out of guilt for not getting to the gym.

7 pounds down! Well done!

Tonight we had "make your own pizza night". I found some low-carb pitas that had 10 g net carbs per pita. I used that as my crust (everyone used regular pitas) and topped it with tomato sauce, pepperoni,ham, red onion, yellow pepper and cheese. Yum yum, and I didn't feel that I was missing out.

Well I weighed in and I've lost 3lbs! Only 19 more to go!

It's going to be a hard weekend as my OH is working all weekend and it's just me and the boys. I find it really hard to keep feeding them the full fat diet that they need when I need to eat a low fat one without me eating it to.

I weighed myself this morning and lost 3lb too :happydance:

Hi ladies, can I sneak in?

I put on 5lbs over christmas (boo!) But have lost 1.5 lbs this week. I reallly need to watch the treats! I'm trying to eat lower carb and filling up on protein and good fats.

Hoping to lose another 7lbs in time for my birthday night out on the 21st Feb

Kay_baby and R_X, well done! That is awesome!

Well, I completed went off the rails last night. My older brother and his son are visiting from several provinces away, and my mom had everyone over for a big family dinner. It was awesome: drinks, prime rib, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, birthday cake. So not low carb.

I had indigestion last night which interfered with my sleep, and today I feel bloated and a bit yucky.

Oh well- celebrations and rich dinners are part of life. I can't avoid them, and of course I don't want to. Last night I could have made better choices (one Yorkshire pudding instead of the three that I ate), but I guess it is just about balance.

Totally agree it's about balance which is why I've decided to look at a week as a whole rather than a day. Besides what's life without a little indulgence it's just rembering to keep it as a little rather than regular occurrence.

Well done ladies!

I'm finally starting tomorrow, stocked up on some food and lots of fruit. I'm keeping it pretty simple this week as I'm hoping to get in the 9's by the weekend when I go out so for breakfast I'll be having a measured portion of Ready Brek, lunch will be a shake followed by 100cals of fruit and dinner will be a 600cal meal.

I weighed myself this morning and was 10st2lb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->