• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

I am looking forward to the weekend. We are suppose to have highs in the upper 40s. :haha: I was actually thinking of trying to do some walking.

Do the low carb tortillas taste pretty good? I have been wanting to try them but I wasn't sure.

I seem to have stalled some this week with my weight. I think a lot of it is stress and lack of sleep. My son has been waking every couple hours all night and I am so exhausted.

I am looking forward to the weekend. We are suppose to have highs in the upper 40s. :haha: I was actually thinking of trying to do some walking.

Do the low carb tortillas taste pretty good? I have been wanting to try them but I wasn't sure.

I seem to have stalled some this week with my weight. I think a lot of it is stress and lack of sleep. My son has been waking every couple hours all night and I am so exhausted.

The low carb tortillas were OK. They didn't crisp up as much as regular ones do. I had a very flavourful filling in mine, plus I as dipping them in Greek yogurt and salsa. I think plain they would taste funny.

I hear you about the sleep. My youngest (almost two) is a terrible sleeper who still wakes most nights. I am sure that a lack of sleep is interfering with my weight loss.

I officially Suck! I was sooo good last week but completely went off thurs-sun :( its so hard getting back into it, and I feel really bloated now! Does not feel worth it at all. I wasn't even craving anything, it was pure self sabotage.

anyway, onwards and upwards, I have my meals planned for the week and feeling positive :)

No loss for me this week :wacko: my af is due soon so I'm blaming that cos I'm all bloated. Roll on next week!

I've been bad today but tomorrow is a new day to start over again!

I just seem to have lost a little motivation. I've been ill for over a week now and it just keeps dragging on so I don't think that's helping my mental state. I can't get out and run as my chest is tight . I just need to clear this to hopefully totally remotivate myself.

The good news however is that noticed that my favourite jeans are a little loose, I keep having to pull them up!

I've noticed the same in my jeans.
Glad you are drawing a line under your bad day :flower:

Went off the rails big time last night. Beer, nachos, cookies. Sigh. Back on the wagon today.

However, I did find this nice article that explains why my kids will be geniuses! ;)

https://www.inquisitr.com/1766477/m...thighs-are-building-blocks-for-babies-brains/

However, I did find this nice article that explains why my kids will be geniuses! ;)

https://www.inquisitr.com/1766477/m...thighs-are-building-blocks-for-babies-brains/

:haha:

I don't think you even need to BF for this to be true. Mine is too clever by far... didn't even make it to 2 before she mastered opening every interior door and the front door! :dohh:

It's in interesting article; I'll have to see if I can find the actual study!

(I knew not being able to squeeze into skinny jeans would eventually pay off!)

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Week 2: 128.4 (-0 lbs, on period)
Week 3: 128.6 (+.2 lbs)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

Well, still about the same. These last 10 lbs are stubborn! But then I looked in the mirror... and realized my stomach has shrunk. So the scale isn't moving, but the tummy is! :happydance: I really need to get back into exercising though, so I can continue this progress before the summer and hopefully baby #2. :)

Attachments

• tummyish.png
    tummyish.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 6
Well done Kitten, my inflammation is finally gone and I'm back down to the 7.5 lbs lost since Jan 1. I'm aiming for another 2 in the last week of Jan. The workouts didn't hurt as much this week either and a good old deep tissue massage was great.

I'm seeing body changes but no real huge losses on the scale. Would like to be inspired by some movement next week.

Ladies all I want to do is snack!!! Help me :(

Weighed in today (should have been yesterday but forgot) and I've lost another 2lb this week. Going to a birthday party today so temptation will be everywhere but I managed to control myself in pizza express yesterday with my eldest.

In terms of snacking popcorn is currently my favrouite thing, particularly sweet and salty type , it covers off both the crisp and sweet cravings.

2have4kids - Glad you're feeling better! Do you take photos or measurements? Whenever the scale isn't playing nice I look back at old ones for a pick me up. :flower:

R_x - Try drinking more water and eating protein snacks (eggs, chicken, etc)

Kay_Baby - Congrats on your loss! :happydance:

Thanks I will try that. I defiantly should be drinking more water.

What exercise is everyone doing?

Hi ladies, Kitten yes I take thigh measurements (haha I only care if that part get skinnier, the rest is ok) and weight on fitday.com.
R_x I had a snacky crazy evening Friday night. My cheats were miracle noodles (15 calories) with Parmesan & extra old cheddar melted, sugar free jello, 2 pots of tea, 1 apple, 3 squares of dark chocolate, 2 turkey pepperoni sticks with sauerkraut AND some roasted cauliflower. Didn't lose or gain anything, this was all after a good dinner lol.

For those of you on low carb/high protein/keto have you tried using Ketostix? I did one the morning after I ate all that stuff and was still pretty dark, my body is efficiently in fat burning mode. I like that I can see which foods effect the ketosis mode, you can tell which foods hinder efficient fat burning.

For me exercise is like this because of these classes offered in our workplace:
Mon a vigorous sort of yoga
Tue kickbox class
wed pilates
Thur HIIT class
Friday/Saturday/Sunday if I get to the gym just once bonus but usually I'm sore after the noon hour classes. Usually we walk or I get my exercise cleaning the house/renos on the weekends.

Lost the 5 lbs of puff, working on the next 2-3 lbs this week.

So... (Warning, lots of f bombs dropped).

I got super frustrated last week. Weighed in on Thursday and was UP a pound and a half. Made me so angry. Here I am, eating healthy and low carb 95% of the time, make an effort to get at least 10500 steps each day (but average of 16000 steps each day...that's over 6 miles, and at least an hour on the treadmill each day), drink plenty of water, and NONE of that fucking matters. But take one night and have beer and nachos, and THAT is what shows on the scale. Yes, I know bloating and so on but I weighed in 36 hours later and you'd think all the healthy stuff I did would at least have neutralized the indulgence but no. Fuck fuck fuck. Not fucking working.

Then I felt sorry for myself and decided that since nothing I did mattered anyway I would just eat what I wanted. Didn't go super overboard but Chinese food on Saturday night, and yesterday was my son's birthday so chips and cupcakes.

Have gotten ahold of myself today and realized that I was being stupid. I am sure not going to get results if I don't watch what I eat.

However, I am suspecting that I won't achieve any real weight loss until I stop breastfeeding my son, and until I manage to get more sleep. He (and by extension, me) wakes every night still. I don't feed him anymore at night but he needs his soother put in or his blanket pulled up. He is 2 now, so I think it is time to cut him off.

For those of you on low carb/high protein/keto have you tried using Ketostix? I did one the morning after I ate all that stuff and was still pretty dark, my body is efficiently in fat burning mode. I like that I can see which foods effect the ketosis mode, you can tell which foods hinder efficient fat burning.

Tell me more. I think I would like this. Where do you buy them? How do you use and read them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->