• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

Mm I❤️California mashed potatoes too, I make them just like you did Warby but also add a little fresh garlic & a little garlic salt yummers! We had lamb with roasted cauliflower for Christmas dinner this year, DH did up the cauliflower and it was so darn good: https://pinterest.com/pin/149041068894391628/
That recipe is a keeper!

Great job on the weight loss girls:bunny: I was horrified to see I'm 5 lbs up this morning but I know what's going on. I have stage 4 arthritis (yes at the age of 39) and I'm so swollen and inflamed from my workout classes. I woke up with a screaming hot painful knee at least 3 times Wed night prob from my Tuesday martial arts class. Iced it and it's better. I'm going to drink some turmeric milk and eat some salmon for dinner and something spicy for lunch (hot peppers, turmeric, and salmon are some of the most anti-inflammatory foods according to https://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000992000000000000000.html ). :grr: growing old isn't fun.
Krissie I did up Turkey meatballs & wine-shallot steamed mussels & prawns for 2 dinner last week and ate leftovers for lunch. Monday I had a can of jalapeño flavoured tuna + miracle (low carb/calorie) noodles. I can't eat eggs anymore but one of my old favourites are egg muffins:scramble a little salsa (or ham bits-whatever you want really) with eggs, pour into muffin tins, bake for 10, top with cheese and bake for a few more minutes yum!! And depending on your muffin tin size 2-3 make a perfect lunch. Just some ideas☺️

That cauliflower looks amazing!! I repinned it so I can try it later.

Thanks for the ideas. I have been craving salsa so I am going to try those this weekend.

Decided to have a protein shake for brunch. Hale to the anti-inflammatories, Thai chills, Genuine Health greens, spinach, berries, puréed ginger, & some green tea. Hoping my swollen legs will heal fast before the next workout!:bodyb:
image.jpg

Decided to have a protein shake for brunch. Hale to the anti-inflammatories, Thai chills, Genuine Health greens, spinach, berries, puréed ginger, & some green tea. Hoping my swollen legs will heal fast before the next workout!:bodyb:
View attachment 837271

I hope you de-puff soon, that sounds really uncomfortable.

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Week 2: 128.4 (-0 lbs, on period)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

I never see a loss during this time of the month, so I'm confident the scale will be lower next week.

Hope you feel better, 2have4kids! Doesn't sound fun at all

I am also doing low carb and it is killer not to have any fruit. I really love fruit too.

I gave in and weighed myself this morning and I have lost another 4.6 lbs. That was just the kind of motivation I needed heading into the weekend.

I am finding my biggest challenge is packing low carb lunches. I work next to an amazing deli and use to go their frequently so it has been hard.

I'm low carbing too. I am not there yet, but there will come a point soon when I am so sick of eggs and salads.

Great weight loss!

Weighed in this morning and lost another 2lb. Felt like I've struggled a bit this week as I've been really busy but pleased with the loss.

I was super active today...almost 20 000 steps. I am 400 or so away so I will just walk in place or around th house to get there.

Lost a pound this week. Really pleased as had a few to many treats :flower:

I have completed my first full week on my diet. This week I lost 5.2 lbs for a total of 6.2 lbs for the year.

Very nice, ladies! :happydance:

Went grocery shopping today so I'm ready for the week and getting back to salads. This weekend hasn't been the greatest... but so delicious. :dohh:

Went to a movie today. I wanted popcorn so badly, but instead had a cup of tea and a mini package of beef jerky that I has smuggled in. Total carbs: 6 (instead of the 80 or so in a large popcorn).

The weather was in the 60s here, so we went on a walk around the neighborhood and let DD play at the playground this afternoon. Hubby carried her home on his shoulders so we jogged back to the house... phew, am I out of shape! :haha: Under calorie goal for the day as well, so today was good!

Sounds fun Kitteh Kat!

Today I made chicken quesadillas for supper. The family had regular whole wheat tortillas but I found some low-carb ones for me. 3g net carbs each so 6, plus some carbs in the peppers and onions. So good and i didn't feel like I was missing out.

I have a ten year old daughter and I am really careful about what I say around her regarding dieting and weight loss. I never make self-critical remarks about my weight around her or moan about being fat. Instead I focus on overall health and the nutritional value of the foods we eat, or the cardio vascular benefits of exercise. She does sometimes see that I have different food (like the tortillas) so I have told her I am trying gluten-free eating because I think I have a gluten allergy that is causing my eczema. That is totally untrue but that is my story for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->