• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

Did not weigh in this morning. I know it would have showed a gain after Saturday night's feast (still feeling bloated and bunged up), and that would have been discouraging. I just let things settle and weigh in on Thursday.

One good thing to share is that since January 2, I have met my step goal 10500 steps) every single day, exceeding it by a couple thousand steps most days.

Warby- Good job on meeting your step goal!!

I weighed in for the first time since New Years and I have lost 1 lb. I will take it since I have not been very good. I am currently on day 2 of low carbing.

Love seeing all of the drops! :happydance:

A loss is a loss, and one step closer! :)

Way to go on the step count streak, Warby!

We did take-out this weekend, but I was still under maintenance goal so I'm happy. :haha: My period also started, so I feel like a bloated mess between that and the Chinese food. Hopefully I'm back to "normal" before weigh in on Friday!

Ugg, I can NEVER lose with AF around. Yes I believe a pound is a pound and congrats!
Well that crazy 7 lb drop since New Years finally stopped.

Starting yoga today, tomorrow kick boxing (these are noon hour classes at work) and it was SO hard but I got my lazy arse into the gym on Friday night.

I don't anticipate anymore loss for a while, just going to hope the clothing is a little more loose.

Lovely to see the small steps and inching towards everyone's goals. "Summer bodies are made in the winter" was posted on my fb 90 day challenge this weekend. Makes me long for summer lol

AF showed up this morning which I think has been part of my problem. I have been just miserable! Hopefully once that is gone I will start feeling better.

I like that quote about summer bodies are made in the winter. Hopefully this year I will have lost some weight and won't be so self conscious. I am hoping to do a swim class with DS over my break.

Amen to the dieting while pregnant. I could eat nothing but celery all day and still gain.

Week one down on my celebrity slim shake diet and the first couple of days were tough. Didn't particularly like the taste of the shake and found it tough only having one no carb meal in evening. And I never managed the recommended 2 litres of water. Most I had was 1.5. But by day 3 I was looking forward to the shakes and just did my first weigh in. And I've lost 7 lbs!!! I know some is probably water since it my 1st week. But omg it's the most I've ever lost on a first week of any diet. I'm so happy nothing can bring me down today! Woo hoo! :happydance:

7 down 19 to go....:wacko:

Congrats on a fantastic loss! :happydance:

My husband was evil and made brownies last night. I just wasn't strong enough. :haha:

I can never resist home made bakes!

I've been prettt good. I had a kitkat earlier, but thats the only slip :) 13,000 steps too, might do 30ds later (if I can motivate myself!)

Congrats on the great loss Grace!

I love homemade brownies. I was just on pinterest and I think I am going to reward myself on my birthday (late March) with some gluten free ones.

Mmm, kitkats! Jillian will definitely help you work it off!

I've had to stay away from Pinterest... too many delicious recipes, all accompanied by dozens of mouth-watering photos. :haha:

It seems like several of us have birthdays coming up! I'm doing a "dry for 45 days" challenge, so I'm looking forward to a beer or three next month on my birthday.

You can weigh in with me tomorrow! :)

I've been really good this week, even with the nightly brownie. Just gotta get back into the exercise groove... that will be next week's goal. :coffee:

I am now glad I did not weigh in today. This is way TMI, but I have been pooping like...well, I'm not sure how to finish that simile, but a lot. Would have affected my weight, no doubt.

I ramped things up today by restarting my "learn to run a 5k program". I finished it four months ago and could run 30 minutes non stop. Then I stopped running. Today was the first workout (you are supposed to do it three times a week for eight weeks), and the running parts were challenging. Use it or lose it, I guess.

I have been pooping like...well, I'm not sure how to finish that simile, but a lot. Would have affected my weight, no doubt..

I started the New Year out with DH running (just before we boarded the bus) for the Immodium for me in Mexico. I shouldn't have brushed my teeth with water from the shower!:haha: BUT saying that, it was the best cleanse ever lol :thumbup:

I've been on high protein/low carb and had a weakness last night, ate 3 big persimmons and a banana, after finishing off yoghurt & jello. :dohh: But my HIIT class at noon nearly killed me today so I figured I got it all burned off? And fruit has vits right?:wacko:

I am also doing low carb and it is killer not to have any fruit. I really love fruit too.

I gave in and weighed myself this morning and I have lost another 4.6 lbs. That was just the kind of motivation I needed heading into the weekend.

I am finding my biggest challenge is packing low carb lunches. I work next to an amazing deli and use to go their frequently so it has been hard.

Yesterday I made mashed cauliflower. Kind of like mashed potatoes (same creamy consistency), not as good but still yummy. I just steamed cauliflower until it was soft then whirled it in the food processor with some cream cheese, Greek yogurt, cheddar and some bacon bits. Was quite good and satisfying.

Weighed in today. 149.4. Meh. Still a loss but only pound. I am working so hard and exercising a lot so I wish it had been more. Sigh. I think for me it is a combination of being older (almost 40) and still breastfeeding. I know that for some women the weight just falls off while breastfeeding but that is not the case for me.

I am going to try cauliflower soup made like potato soup. We are currently having another big snow storm so I think that will be a lovely dinner!

I want to try to make it mashed but I haven't. It is so expensive right now so that has kinda put me off.

Mm I❤️California mashed potatoes too, I make them just like you did Warby but also add a little fresh garlic & a little garlic salt yummers! We had lamb with roasted cauliflower for Christmas dinner this year, DH did up the cauliflower and it was so darn good: https://pinterest.com/pin/149041068894391628/
That recipe is a keeper!

Great job on the weight loss girls:bunny: I was horrified to see I'm 5 lbs up this morning but I know what's going on. I have stage 4 arthritis (yes at the age of 39) and I'm so swollen and inflamed from my workout classes. I woke up with a screaming hot painful knee at least 3 times Wed night prob from my Tuesday martial arts class. Iced it and it's better. But then I hat HIIT class that nearly killed me yesterday and my legs are achy & sore. I'm going to drink some turmeric milk and eat some salmon for dinner and something spicy for lunch (hot peppers, turmeric, and salmon are some of the most anti-inflammatory foods according to https://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000992000000000000000.html ). :grr: growing old isn't fun.
Krissie I did up Turkey meatballs & wine-shallot steamed mussels & prawns for 2 dinner last week and ate leftovers for lunch. Monday I had a can of jalapeño flavoured tuna + miracle (low carb/calorie) noodles. I can't eat eggs anymore but one of my old favourites are egg muffins:scramble a little salsa (or ham bits-whatever you want really) with eggs, pour into muffin tins, bake for 10, top with cheese and bake for a few more minutes yum!! And depending on your muffin tin size 2-3 make a perfect lunch. Just some low carb ideas☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->