Newbie here, TTC #2 aged 36

Hope you're all ok ladies.

I'm confused - big time :wacko:

AF is due next Tuesday but today I've noticed (sorry TMI) some stretchy CM tinged with pink blood.

I have no idea what's going on?! Could be implantation but I didn't think this came with stretchy mucus. Could be early arrival of AF or could be late ovulation, although I haven't noticed o bleeding before.

What do you ladies think? I guess I'll have to wait and see if it turns into full blown AF

Could you have ovulated any earlier?
Fingers crossed it is indeed the elusive IB!!

Could you have ovulated any earlier?
Fingers crossed it is indeed the elusive IB!!

It is possible, I don't use Opk's or chart temps so I never know exactly when I ov. I just guess by dates and CM.

I've had nothing else since so will keep fingers crossed.. Eeek!

Hi Starlight, if you don't know for definite when you Ov'd, I would BD just in case it is fertile CM with an Ov later than expected. The 1st month I was meant to be TTC was a complete write-off due to me thinking I Ov'd earlier than I did!

Hi Starlight, if you don't know for definite when you Ov'd, I would BD just in case it is fertile CM with an Ov later than expected. The 1st month I was meant to be TTC was a complete write-off due to me thinking I Ov'd earlier than I did!

Hi, that's definitely a sensible plan :thumbup:

How are things with you?

Hi, that's definitely a sensible plan :thumbup:

How are things with you?

I'm pretty sure AF is coming tomorrow. I'll be 10dpo, which is a shorter LP than last month. I was comparing notes with last month and everything's going the same i.e. no preggo symptoms, but I get AF type pains when I should be implanting and that happened 3 days earlier this cycle.

I've been really down and teary for a few days, apparently it's quite common when you stop breastfeeding because of the changes in hormones etc in your body. I think it's also cos I now have no boobies again... I loved my milk-filled boobies :rofl:

Stopping breatfeeding is definitely emotional and this TTC business is hard enough anyway :hugs:
Fingers crossed for a nice BFP for you to replenish those boobies to their former milk filled glory ;)
Stay away :witch:

i was 37 when we had our first.
lots of :dust: for you!

:kiss:

Hi everything, hope AF stays away for you! :af:

How are things today starlight?

Hi vkj :hi:

Nothing much going on here at the mo, just waiting for my fertile signs to kick in.. nothing yet but only cd7. Today I've been chilling with my boy and catching up on washing, rock and roll pmsl. :flower:

I'm ok thanks dan-o. Pretty tiring day at work today and I'm shattered but no more till next Wednesday afternoon now so looking forward to some good time with my LO.

I've not had any more bleeding since that little bit mid afternoon yesterday so looks like its not AF. Still crossing fingers it was IB but not sure. I had IB with Maia and the timing was the same but it wasn't in stretchy mucous. Time will tell anyway as still too early to test ...

I do feel for you. In many ways waiting for fertile signs is as bad as the TWW. Hope you get some symptoms soon and can start the BD :thumbup:

Maybe the stretchy mucus was just a little bit left over from when you were fertile Starlight, and it was IB. I really hope so :thumbup:

Dan-o I saw in your sig that you had a molar pregnancy, that must've been really tough. My friend had the same thing a couple of years back and also had to have chemo for it.

AFM, no sign of AF yet but I'm only 10dpo so it is still early. I just expect my LP to be shorter this month. I am convinced I'm not pregnant though, partly to protect myself cos I don't want to get my hopes up to be knocked down. Also everything's been the same this month symptom-wise as the last few months. When I conceived my LO I had lots of clumpy CM (sorry TMI) and a major blocked nose at implantation which I'm sure was caused by the eggy.

I really hope you are pregnant everything. Remember symptoms can be different for different pregnancy's :flower:
I hope you're right about the stretchy mucous, I never thought of that...
Fingers crossed for both of us x

Well, I'm out this month. AF arrived a few hours ago, and I feel like I've been kicked in the belly. I am looking forward to my new cycle though, and at least this one was only 28 days. Plus LP was 11 days so although it was a bit shorter than last month, it was still in the 'normal' range so I'm happy about that.

Got my fingers crossed for everyone else in their 2ww :thumbup:

Sorry for your news EverythingXd, I know that feeling when AF arrives and it isn't nice huh. But good news about your LP, and may May be your month!

I'm 6 or 7 dpo and no symptoms so far other than my usual pre AF ones so not hopeful, although the month I conceived my son I was sure AF was coming so won't rule myself out just yet. Planning to test on Friday morning if she isn't here by then.

I've had a great day today, me and DH and my brother went down to wembley for the FA cup Semi final and we won so was worth the trip and made me feel at least that I enjoyed the day despite leaving my son with the in laws all day.

Sorry the witch arrived Everything but great news that your LP was within normal range for the second month running :thumbup:

Sounds like you've had a fab day Captain and have my fingers crossed your pre AF symptoms are actually early pregnancy ones :flower:

As for me I've had a bit of cramping and slightly achey boobies, both of which I had when I was newly pregnant with Maia but both of which equally signal the imminent arrival of AF.

What is different to normal is my skin has broken out in spots and I have a couple of nasty mouth ulcers on my tongue. I'm shattered too. Again could be symptoms but may be as I've had a more stressful month than usual and Maia seems to have gone off going to sleep which means I'm bound to be knackered :wacko:

Anyway, AF due Tues or Wed so I thought if she didn't arrive I would test Friday too. Although if I could wait maybe Saturday as I'm working Friday and mornings are a big rush.

I better sign off now and try and sleep while I can, I'm up far too late again tonight...

Nite ladies

Any more news from anyone? What about fayben?

Starlight you are very disciplined waiting until Friday to test! I will only be 12 dpo on Friday and already contemplating testing on Wednesday! I'm so impatient....

Found out today that one of my ntc group from having DS is expecting again, she is 8 weeks gone. Pleased for her of course but secretly hoping i won't be too far behind...!

Hello Ladies
I am new too this site and I am looking for similar ladies in my position who I can just chat too about stuff. When I read this thread I was so happy that are are other people who I can relate too.
A bit about me - I am 36 and have a beautiful 16 month old girl. I had a bit of a difficult time to begin with as I suffered 3 miscarriages prior to having her. So when she finally arrived I felt blessed that I had finally managed to conceive and have her!
So when me and my husband decided to try again for number 2 I did not think I would have any problems. Unfortunately though, I suffered my 4th miscarriage last november which affected me deeply as I thought after having my little girl I would have no problems again. 3 months later I fell pregnant again - or so I thought - I tested 2 weeks ago after the long 2ww and I had a very very faint positive so I was thrilled again, but this was short lived I had my period in the next couple of days day so i had suffered a chemical pregnancy.
I am now waiting for my ovulation day (7 days away).
I am desperate to conceive my 2nd baby, but I am worried now age isn't on my side. People say to me at least you already have 1 baby, but i need another one. xxxx

Hi Gracie1, welcome to the group! Really sorry to hear what a tough time you've been having, I've never suffered a miscarriage myself before so can't begin to understand how you must be feeling, but I'm sure some of the other ladies can relate. On the positive side it looks as though you don't have any problem falling pregnant so hopefully it will just be a matter of time. I am 36 and have a 17 month old son who took 7 months to conceive and am in my 4th cycle TTC#2. I have been having short cycles so am worried about declining egg quality, but keep reminding myself that fertility declines gradually rather than falling off a cliff so the odds of having another are still good.

I know we should all be grateful for the LO's that we have, and I know we all are truly grateful, but I also know that it doesn't make it any easier to deal with the TTC process for number 2. I'm surrounded at the moment by people who seem to get pregnant the first month of trying and it is frustrating! But equally I have close friends who have suffered multiple miscarriages and failed ivf and when i think of all that I really do feel humbled.

Hi Gracie1, nice to meet you :flower:
I'm so sorry to hear about what a difficult time your having and your miscarriages. It must be heartbreaking. Fingers crossed, as Captain says its just a matter of time for you and perhaps this cycle will be your cycle. In the meantime we're here to vent your frustrations. Always happy to chat :)
Also please don't feel bad about really wanting a second child. I think I can speak for all the ladies in this group that we all love our LO's to bits but just don't feel that our families are complete yet. This means TTC #2 is as important to us as it was the first time around, which some people don't understand.
Sticky :dust: to you xx

Any more news from anyone? What about fayben?

Starlight you are very disciplined waiting until Friday to test! I will only be 12 dpo on Friday and already contemplating testing on Wednesday! I'm so impatient....

Found out today that one of my ntc group from having DS is expecting again, she is 8 weeks gone. Pleased for her of course but secretly hoping i won't be too far behind...!

Hi Captain, that's great news for your Ntc friend :thumbup: Fingers crossed you'll be joining her when you get your BFP later this week (I really hope so anyway :flower:

I don't know if I'm disciplined or just a coward. Would you believe I waited until a week after I was due when I was pregnant with Maia as I was terrified of getting a bfn :wacko:

I don't think I could wait that long but would be too scared to test as early as my due date.

No news from me, just plodding on waiting to see what happens. Due today or tomorrow so I'll just see if she arrives. I'm not feeling over confident after thinking I was pregnant last month...

Let us know what happens if you test tommorow, and Fayben where are you?!?! Hope you're ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->