• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Newbie!! TTC on clomid CD4 would love a buddie

Ladies I'm away for a few days but will catch up with you all sat!

Just a quicki tho I did SMEP this cycle and got my bfp!! There is loads of info on google about it, also did robitssuin pressed and the occasional soft cup oh and started reflexology - something worked lol!!!

Hugs to you all x

Wow so it seems like the SMEP really works seeing as it worked for both you and Niks first time!! Ooh now Im excited about trying it!! We did bd last night but seeing as its cd8 we will start from today and bd again tonight and skip tomorrow...

Btw, oh and I had a bit of a hear to heart about the ttc and sex on demand thing and I think we've worked it out..he didnt understand that as we only have limited time on Clomid before we have to move onto other (more expensive!) things that we really need to make sure we do everything right and give it our best shot...but I agreed we need to make it more interesting! So a trip to a 'naughty' shop this weekend is in order for some new underwear! :winkwink:

LKPone - SMEP is designed to give the maximum chances to the egg for being fertilized. In it you start bd'ing every other night starting from CD8 and use ovulation kits to predict ovulation. Once you get a positive opk you bed that day plus additional 2 days in a row. Then give a days gap and then bd again. If you dont get a positive opk you bd everyday till the end of your cycle.

By the way I just got a call from my doctors office and she said I hav not ovulated this cycle :cry:. Will have to start again next cycle with 100 mg clomid.

Aww crap Niks thats so frustrating...are you giong on Provera to induce af? If so perhaps you can start it now as if you are cd 25 and you take it for 5 days af should come at around 'normal' time. Then you can get started on a fresh cycle.

Im a bit worried I might not o this month too - I think Clomid gets less effective the longer you take it and my first cycle I had 2-3 good follies, then last cycle only one so seems to be reducing :nope:

My doc asked me to wait a few days before starting provera, she has not even given me a prescription for provera yet. Anyways I am going on a extended weekend trip next Thursday so even I dont want to take provera now as af will surely spoil the holidays.Will take provera after coming back... Anyways I sort of need a break now. I have bad cramps when I am on provera :(

Having a little break until you come back is probably a good idea - they say moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do, so maybe that affected you this cycle? You definitely deserve some relaxing and a holiday :hugs:

Hi All, Newbie here!! I am 38, DB (Dear Boyfriend) a young buck of 25. We've been together for 2 years and he decided yes he'd like kids so as I'm running out of time I said we better get on it! I have had PCOS for a lot of years.. had 2 DDs as a teenager with previous husband (obviously! lol). I have been on Metformin for about 3 months which has helped AF visit but still long cycles.. 42-45 days. Today I start my first round of Clomid cd 5-9. I'm trying to think positive but in my heart feel I won't be able to get pregnant. I've had no testing other than when diagnosed with PCOS years ago. I need some encouragement, success stories and help learning how to know when I'm ovulating, etc. Can anybody help?

Welcome! :flower:

First things first in learning when/if you ovulate... buy yourself a bbt thermometer which measures to 2 decimal points, put it right next to your bed and when your alarm goes off each morning, pop it in your mouth before you've even moved, peed, spoken, eaten or drunk anything :winkwink:

Second, get yourself a free account on Fertility Friend and if you have a smartphone, download the free app... then you're good to go with charting. You're looking for a sustained temperature shift of around 0.4 degrees at least, but FF does all the calculations for you. :thumbup:

Welcome MnJ!

As LKPone said charting is the best method. Otherwise you can use OPKs starting from CD8 or 10.

one more thing....my oh is having a bit of a hard time with all the bd on demand. How do you all deal with that? Any tips to spice things up?!

I've been having a battle of wills with myself about this exact same thing! :wacko: Before TTC, it was whenever we wanted, didn't matter if we went 4 days without it or whatever, but now, at some points during the month, when we have to be on a 'schedule' of sorts, I feel exhausted just thinking about it! :nope: I tend not to divulge too much to DH, even though I'm totally open about everything, but what I mean is, I don't feel the need to tell him every time I poas (ov test) and it's negative or what kind of CM I've got or whatever! I tell him when I get a positive ovulation test and he's genuinely pleased, because he then knows that the Clomid is working. So I think when I then initiate 3 or 4 nights in 5, or even in a row, he knows that it's THAT time, but you're right, it would be nice to have a magic formula to counteract the fact that at certain times, things do need to be 'on demand'! :haha:

Glad your chat went well! :thumbup:

Really annoyingly, I'm on CD10 today, with creamy CM, so getting there slowly (fingers crossed the Robitussin will work!) and DH's SA is on Thursday, before which he has to abstain for 3 full days! ARGH! :dohh: Add to that the fact that his family has been staying with us the whole weekend, so there's been no action at all over the past 3 days! He's meant to abstain for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 7 days - abstaining now would mean that on his test day, he'll be on the 7th day! So I told him that we'll probably just postpone the test, because I can't waste a Clomid cycle! But the wait for an appointment is so bloody long that I'll have to just take whatever date they can give me for September and hope that it doesn't clash with my cycle again!

(I've been going totally crazy trying to look for this thread in the forum and I couldn't and I just realised that it's been moved to 'ttc buddies' :thumbup:)

Me to Lkpone i wonder why it was moved....Hope you don't have to wait too long for another date, could u explain you are on clomid? Fx you 0 late so everyone is gone and you can get lots of BD done x

I've e-mailed them and explained that I'm mid-cycle and why we need to postpone. It's unfortunate, but I'd rather postpone, than waste a precious Clomid cycle! :winkwink:

Good move LKPone.

Nimbec - How are you doing?

I'm ok thanks Niks scan booked for 24th aug just Hopi
G and praying I get that far its sooo nerve wracking! Symptoms not too bad an I would never complain about them!! How are you?

I can understand how you must be feeling now... I have my FX'ed for you.:hugs:
I am feeling very down today... I guess I was soo busy last week that I did not have any time to dwell on negative ovulation results bt its catching up with me now. Just taking a weeks break now... will take provera and start ttc again in some time.

Oh Niks I'm so sorry our bodies can be so cruel to us grrrrrr (((hugs))) at least when you start the provera you will know exactly what's what - there I not much I can say to make you feel better so I'll just send a massive hug and we are here if you want to talk x

I am feeling very down today... I guess I was soo busy last week that I did not have any time to dwell on negative ovulation results bt its catching up with me now. Just taking a weeks break now... will take provera and start ttc again in some time.

:hugs: :hugs:

G and praying I get that far its sooo nerve wracking! Symptoms not too bad an I would never complain about them!! How are you?

Ooooh, good luck! :happydance:

Dont feel down Niks - not long and you'll be starting a fresh new cycle. Increasing the Clomid dose should really help and be just the boost you need :hugs:

one more thing....my oh is having a bit of a hard time with all the bd on demand. How do you all deal with that? Any tips to spice things up?!

I've been having a battle of wills with myself about this exact same thing! :wacko: Before TTC, it was whenever we wanted, didn't matter if we went 4 days without it or whatever, but now, at some points during the month, when we have to be on a 'schedule' of sorts, I feel exhausted just thinking about it! :nope: I tend not to divulge too much to DH, even though I'm totally open about everything, but what I mean is, I don't feel the need to tell him every time I poas (ov test) and it's negative or what kind of CM I've got or whatever! I tell him when I get a positive ovulation test and he's genuinely pleased, because he then knows that the Clomid is working. So I think when I then initiate 3 or 4 nights in 5, or even in a row, he knows that it's THAT time, but you're right, it would be nice to have a magic formula to counteract the fact that at certain times, things do need to be 'on demand'! :haha:

Glad your chat went well! :thumbup:

Really annoyingly, I'm on CD10 today, with creamy CM, so getting there slowly (fingers crossed the Robitussin will work!) and DH's SA is on Thursday, before which he has to abstain for 3 full days! ARGH! :dohh: Add to that the fact that his family has been staying with us the whole weekend, so there's been no action at all over the past 3 days! He's meant to abstain for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 7 days - abstaining now would mean that on his test day, he'll be on the 7th day! So I told him that we'll probably just postpone the test, because I can't waste a Clomid cycle! But the wait for an appointment is so bloody long that I'll have to just take whatever date they can give me for September and hope that it doesn't clash with my cycle again!

(I've been going totally crazy trying to look for this thread in the forum and I couldn't and I just realised that it's been moved to 'ttc buddies' :thumbup:)

Raargh LKPone that is very frustrating but I would do exactly the same thing, better not to waste a cycle if you can help it!

I have my scan tomorrow to check on follie growth. Im a little worried that Clomid is losing its effectiveness so fx'd for some biggies!!

Good luck nimbec! Once you get your scan out the way you'll feel much better - try not to worry :hugs:

Ladies i notice you are all on about the same round of clomid....It took me 4 rounds so please don't loose hope yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->