Newborn Clothes or (0-3 )Months clothes

Last time i brought a mixture of NB - both up to 8lb's and up to 10lbs, and 0-3 as well as 3-6.
When she was born, she fitted the up to 10lbs perfectly for a good few weeks, but didn't fit anything smaller, as she was so long and 9lb 3.5oz. This time we're still buying NB, but only up to 10lbs as i'm expecting baby to be the same size as her big sister. I found NB such a nice fit as 0-3 can still swamp them when they're first born :)

I would get 0-3 months, my daughter never fit into newborn clothes
They grow really fast!
Also my daughter only fit into 0-3 for about a week :)
possible 2 weeks

I would get 3-6 month as well, possible some newborn clothes but not tons
:)

My daughter was 8 pounds 14 ounces when she was born.

My advice would be just a few items in newborn size-my daughter was born 7lbs 12oz and filled them out completely from day one.
xx

0-3 is pretty big. Even my newborn outfits were big and my babies were 8.3 and 7.14
So this time I bought a preemie outfit for take home. :) Hopefully it isn't too small. I'm sure I'll have lots more clothes by then to pick from anyway~

I'm not bothering with newborn stuff, I brought loads for Liam as everyone thought he would be average size (7lbs) and he was 9lb7 and none of the newborn stuff fit him whatsoever :/

DD never fitted into newborn clothes (she was 9lb 13oz at birth).

I only bought 0-3 months clothes anyway. We did receive quite a lot of newborn clothes as gifts after she was born but luckily I was able to change them all for the same in 0-3 months anyway.

I've bought a bit in newborn only plain stuff until we find out the sex. I've just been to look the sizing they are 8 - 10lb. So unless I have a whopper I should be OK for a bit.

Newborn were too big for Riley, at first, so i bought him a couple of tiny baby, just so he wasnt swamped, but obviously only wore them like once and then he grew, i just didnt want him to look like a sack of spuds lol!

ive got a couple of nb but will mostly buy 0-3 months x

You truly can't plan. Mine went right into 3-6 months. It's not just weight that is an issue (although mine was 9lb 3oz), his shoulder width was massive and wouldn't fit 0-3 (let alone NB), yet he was super short too. There are babies the same size that go into NB if they are tall!

You'll find most parents will buy you 0-3 rather than NB as a little loose is always better than too snug. The easiest solution, is just to buy very very cheap little clothes for the beginning :) They vomit a lot and the meconium is :sick: so you will not keep an outfit on them for a good few hours anyways.

I'd be inclinded to buy a weeks worth of nb vests, a few nb babygrows then 0-3 baygrows and vests. You can always put nb vest with 0-3 babygrow on top till you can get someone to pop to shops and buy more nb if you need

I have NB and 0-3 and to be honest there doesnt look like THAT much difference between them so I would probably buy 0-3. xxx

Jack was 7lb 13oz and he only fitted in his newborn clothes until he was about 10 days old. Luckily we had mainly bought 0-3. (and he was in 3-6 months by 2 months old)

So I would say maybe get a couple of new born outfits just so you have something that does "fit" probably, but I really wouldnt get too much.

Plus we had sooo many gifts of clothes 0-3 months that there were several outfits Jack never even wore before they were too small.

with my DS i had a full wardrobe of NB and i mean a FULL wardrobe i spent loads on little tiny designer clothes for him and he was 8lb 7oz a month early!!! :haha: needless to say they fit him for like a week, this time ive bought 6sleepsuits in newborn and 12 vests and thats it,and all of the little cutie outfits for him are 0-3 as babies tend to get bigger the more you have so i wont be shocked if this one is 9lb odd :haha: xx

not that I have had any experience or knowledge - my guess would be (and I will do the same) buy a couple of NB clothes and the rest 0-3 months. Don't forget hubby or mum can nip to sainsbury's or wherever to pick up more clothes in case you have a big baby xxxx

My little man was 8lb 4oz at birth, he didn't fit any newborn clothes and went straight into 0-3 months.

So i'll only buy a couple newborn this time, just incase it fits this one :)

Both of my girls have gone into early baby for weeks before newborn would fit them. And they werent that tiny. 6lb 10oz and 6lb 11oz but normal newborn things swamped them to start with. I've brought mainly early baby again this time around and a few newborn things. To me 0-3 to start with would be huge! But you never know, I could have a bigger one this time, in that case nothing we have will fit :rofl:

Ive had a 5lb baby and had to rush out and buy tiny baby up to 5lb5oz then had a 6lb9oz baby and the 0-3/newborn were massive on him too so had to go out and buy new baby up to 7.5lb, they lasted a good few weeks though you cant always go by the weight limit on the clothes. Ive brought some up to 7.5lb babygrows this time too (pink girly ones) and ive compared them with ds's (all from mothercare) and they come up bigger than 2 years ago i tend to have small babies but if this ones a whopper ive wasted my money as ive got 9. Ive not got any new baby outfits but have got a couple newborn ones and they go up to 9/10lb.

My daughter was born at 8lbs 14oz she never fit newborn clothes and quickly out grew 0-3 mos :) This time around i know not to buy any newborn clothes (had a bunch klast time that never got worn)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->