Newborn or 0-3 months?

Purplehippo

Reaction score
Do I need to buy some newborn clothes? We have had a lot of sleep suits bought and vests etc but they are all 0-3 do I need to buy some newborn ?

Ive got newborn, 0-3 and 3-6,

a 6-7lb baby will be drowned in a 0-3

personally I'm buying very few newborn outfits, less than 10, but only because newborn sizes are from 5 to 8 lbs, and my first was 8lbs 6oz. I'm expecting my next to be a similar size, so he will either not fit into newborn sizes at all, or fit into them for about a week or so.

I think I have about 5 newborn size onesies. I have a lot more in the 0-3 month size. I figure if I need to I can buy more newborn size if she is on the smaller side and I haven't spent a ton of money if she doesn't wear them at all or for very long.

I have some in newborn, but not much, and basics. You will probably use them for a bit, but many babies grown fast out of them. I wouldn't go overkill on ANY size, as you can buy more when you know what works best for you. My first was in newborn for almost a month, but my second was out of newborn sizes in days.

I'm no expert as this is my first time but I've got 4 newborn sleepsuits, about 4 short-sleeve/leg all-in-ones for the day as it'll be very hot here and about 4 vests. I also got a couple of hats, a set of scratch mits and a couple of pairs of newborn socks. I'm not getting anything else just yet, and will buy more if I think I need it xx

I have about 20 nb items...rest 0-3:) supposedly nb grow fast so no need for much...

My 1st was 7lb born and was around 4-5 weeks old before he started to fit in 0-3 clothes properly so I've bought newborn clothes again this time round. It's best to buy some just in case then you can always buy more if necessary depending on the size of your LO xx

ive brought quite a few newborn things actually but to be honest its my first baby and no matter how many people have told me to stop buying ive just wanted to spoil him, I don't mind if he doesn't get to wear some things lol x

ive brought quite a few newborn things actually but to be honest its my first baby and no matter how many people have told me to stop buying ive just wanted to spoil him, I don't mind if he doesn't get to wear some things lol x

Ditto!! :thumbup:

Millie has got masses of clothes, lots NB, lots 0-3 who cares if she doesn't wear them all, I can still admire them! :)

Plus newborns can go through 3-10 suits a day, and there is no way I am using the washing machine more than I currently do!

My DD has only just started fitting into 0-3 months and she's 9 weeks old!! She was 6lb 8oz at birth and even newborn was too big for her.

I've had plenty of hand me downs (fortunately) and have some tiny baby, newborn and 0-3.

My friend has had two 8lb babies but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be long in length and fill a 0-3.

I'd get some newborn stuff x

I would definitely get some newborn unless you know you're having a large baby. My daughter was 6lbs 9oz at birth and only outgrew newborn sleepsuits at 3 months. She still doesn't properly fit the 0-3 ones (legs/torso fit) but the arms are still way too long. She's now 16 weeks and just about 13 lbs. The newborn ones were huge when she was born! If you have a smaller baby, you can get a lot of mileage out of the newborn ones.

I'm not buying newborn at all, as none of my previous three babies fit newborn stuff, they all were big enough for 0-3 months

I asked this very question to friends who've had babies recently and they all said their babies didn't grow out of NB until 3 months, just like MindUtopia said. But then none of them had big babies, just average size. I've therefore bought a bunch of NB but have 0-3 too just in case. I've totally gone OTT when I always said I wouldn't but soooo difficult to resist the temptation!

I wouldn't get heaps of newborn size but id get a few things. Lo will outgrow them fast but you might find 0-3 months will be way to big at first x

Our sizing is all different here, it's confusing :dohh:

My lo was 6lb13 and newborn clothes drowned her! Hubby had to go buy tiny baby clothes. She didnt fit 0-3 until she was 3 months old!

My baby was 8 5oz and her coming home outfit was newborn, it was quite snug and she only wore it that one time. I would focus on 0-3 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->