**Newly engaged girlies!!!**

So many things to think about! I'd love an intimate wedding, but we've got so many family/friends to invite!

Having it at a family members house would be lovely! Wish we could :(

I always wanted an intimate wedding, but my family on it's own is massive so there is no way that could happen without offending people - so we thought we might as well go completely the other way & have a massive wedding :rofl: x

It's annoying isn't it! I don't dislike my family (well some) but inviting some and not others is complicated. Think we could narrow it down to 50 for the ceremony and then have a big evening do, with say 100-150 people.

I've done a list LOL So I shall copy it into here - I was bored last night. This is just my people by the way.

Parents
Brother and partner
Aunty, & Partner & Children x 3
Aunty, Uncle & 3 Children - 1 with partner
Aunty, Uncle & 1 Child
Aunty, Uncle & 2 Children
Aunty & Uncle
Cousin, wife & 2 children
Cousin, husband & 3 Children
Aunty & 1 Child
Cousin & partner
Grandma's x2

So am on 39 with just MY FAMILY - No friends yet, and not including OH's family :dohh:
It's going to be crazy! x

We are probably going to offend people by not inviting them to the reception part, and I am worried about it, but I keep reminding myself it is our day, and we want very small.

Our list of guests that are coming to both the wedding and reception:
My Mum and Dad
My oldest Brother and Girlfriend
My youngest Brother
My Nan and Grandad
My Uncle and three Cousins
OH Mum and Dad
OH Nan
One friend and her two children

My oldest brother is going to be m OH's best man and one of my friends children will hopefully be our bridesmaid.

I have two more cousins, one with a partner that were not planning on inviting, which will probably not go down too well, but nevermind.

I sound really cold, but I have been very ill this year, and before that I thought we had a large circle of friends, however I have come to realise that it has only been our very close family that have been there to support us, and we want to be able to share our day with them as a way of showing our appreciation aswell.

I know how you feel. The reality of it is, I've been with my fiance for 5 years and most of my Step family have never met him. Yes, they have sent a card and that's nice, but have they called me? I haven't called them either, so it's pretty safe to say neither care all that much. I just don't want to make it a show, I want it to be intimate with only people we like! I'm not inviting old friends that don't make any effort any more. I want to look back and see familiar and well loved faces on the photo's!

I know how you feel. The reality of it is, I've been with my fiance for 5 years and most of my Step family have never met him. Yes, they have sent a card and that's nice, but have they called me? I haven't called them either, so it's pretty safe to say neither care all that much. I just don't want to make it a show, I want it to be intimate with only people we like! I'm not inviting old friends that don't make any effort any more. I want to look back and see familiar and well loved faces on the photo's!
Exactly. :)
And funnily enough since we decided it will only be small, I'm much more excited, and can't wait to get down to planning!! :happydance:

I know, I'd be worried what people I didn't really know thought of the day. Why? I don't know, cause they don't matter really. So I just want valued family members and friends.

Hi Girlies

Can I join you.... I GOT ENGAGED CHRISTMAS DAY!!! :happydance: :cloud9::happydance:

We were just leaving to travel down and see my family christmas day morning about 7:30am and my OH took a left instead of going straight on like he should have... and pulled into our special place where we used to meet up before we got together, its where we first hugged and sparks flew and we suddenly realised how we felt about each other... he got out the car and so did I and he got down on one knee (in the snow!) and proposed!!! :cloud9: it was amazing! We then carried on our journey and told all my family! Everyone was so happy for us. Then my lil sis works for a local radio station and she announced our engagement on the radio and has sent me the clip to keep!!! :happydance: We then came back to see OH family and celebrate with them too! So its been quite exciting, I'm off work still for the rest of the week, but can't wait to tell everyone at work! My ring is so gorgeous and sparkly!!! :cloud9:

We are currently ttc (cycle 3) so going to play by ear a bit with the wedding, I think we are going to spend a few months looking at venues and if we havent conceived by then, we will book it for a years time, and if we conceive in that time we will just have to postpone or I will be chubby!!!

I am just sooooooo excited :happydance: I am so glad I found this thread so I can share my excitement with other brides to be :happydance: (even if mine is a bit far off)

I know, I'd be worried what people I didn't really know thought of the day. Why? I don't know, cause they don't matter really. So I just want valued family members and friends.
And in the day and abit before we both agreed we want small, I managed to find time to flap about it! :blush:

Hi Girlies

Can I join you.... I GOT ENGAGED CHRISTMAS DAY!!! :happydance: :cloud9::happydance:

We were just leaving to travel down and see my family christmas day morning about 7:30am and my OH took a left instead of going straight on like he should have... and pulled into our special place where we used to meet up before we got together, its where we first hugged and sparks flew and we suddenly realised how we felt about each other... he got out the car and so did I and he got down on one knee (in the snow!) and proposed!!! :cloud9: it was amazing! We then carried on our journey and told all my family! Everyone was so happy for us. Then my lil sis works for a local radio station and she announced our engagement on the radio and has sent me the clip to keep!!! :happydance: We then came back to see OH family and celebrate with them too! So its been quite exciting, I'm off work still for the rest of the week, but can't wait to tell everyone at work! My ring is so gorgeous and sparkly!!! :cloud9:

We are currently ttc (cycle 3) so going to play by ear a bit with the wedding, I think we are going to spend a few months looking at venues and if we havent conceived by then, we will book it for a years time, and if we conceive in that time we will just have to postpone or I will be chubby!!!

I am just sooooooo excited :happydance: I am so glad I found this thread so I can share my excitement with other brides to be :happydance: (even if mine is a bit far off)
Welcome to the gang Angel!! :D
What sort of wedding are you going to have? :D
Have you got a picture of your ring? :D

Welcome to the gang Angel!! :D
What sort of wedding are you going to have? :D
Have you got a picture of your ring? :D

The photo of my ring is too large to attach and I am trying to figure out how to resize it!!!

We are still deciding but think we want a church wedding, in either the church that his parents were married and he was christened in or the church in the village he grew up in (and his parents still live in) and his uncle & aunt got married in! We need to go and have a look at both.

Then for reception we want it in some sort of hotel because my immediate family all live a couple of hours away, and we like the idea of everyone staying over somewhere together, :sleep: and maybe having breakfast all together in the morning :coffee: to celebrate being newly weds! (Then maybe go on honeymoon that night instead of wedding night). There is a gorgeous manor type house/hotel next to the 2nd church I mentioned with a private entrance, but then we would lose the journey to the reception. We like the idea of having those few minutes together in a nice classic car going the long way and meeting everyone there! But again we need to go look at venues, and it will depend on cost too I think! Need to do some saving! :wacko: I think my mum will be buying my dress though.

As for numbers, I think it will be fairly intimate, probably about 80 max, and maybe only 50 at the church. What are everyone else numbers?

We quite like the idea of an autumn/winter wedding, especially autumn colours with tree type centre pieces with lots of leaves and fairy lights/candles, or equally winter colours, white, blue snowflakes silver etc.

This is so exciting, :happydance: what is everyone else doing? what types of venues? themes etc?​

Sounds fab! :D
I went and bought a wedding magazine today, so happy! :D

I'm Back!!! I see lots of planning went on without me...!!!

Hiya Angels congrats hun!!! :happydance:

Me and my OH had a HUGE row a few days ago so i stayed with my mum for a few days, got home this morn and things are going ok but i've taken my ring off for now until we get back to where we were.....:cry: I knew i was getting too far ahead of myself.... But hopefully only positives will come out of this...

Noooo. :(
Are you ok? xx

Umm not really... we are still together and it was a big arguement that we needed to have cos now hopefully things will change... Were going out for a meal tonight to talk things through and hopefully we will b back on track in the next few days.
Its just tough times atm since OH lost his job and cant find a new one...

Umm not really... we are still together and it was a big arguement that we needed to have cos now hopefully things will change... Were going out for a meal tonight to talk things through and hopefully we will b back on track in the next few days.
Its just tough times atm since OH lost his job and cant find a new one...
I hope things get better soon. :hugs:

Thanks hunny. I'm sure they will!! I'll b back planning my dream day in no time.

We haven't really argued before so wen we did have a first arguement as it were it was bound to b a big one!!

Thanks hunny. I'm sure they will!! I'll b back planning my dream day in no time.

We haven't really argued before so wen we did have a first arguement as it were it was bound to b a big one!!
Thats what we like to hear. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->