**Newly engaged girlies!!!**

Its official i'm back!!1 He even proposed again LOL!!!

YAY!! :D
WELCOME BACK!! :D

Probably an odd question.... I suffer with coeliac, so don't eat any wheat/ gluten, and am now lactose intollerent too, we can't seem to find a suitable wedding cake, so should we make our own, or have a nice wedding cake for everyone, well all 20 people, and I just have a little cake of my own to eat? I can't decide what to do, and thats before I even start to thinking about what food to do, as all the stuff I eat tastes horrible and don't want to inflict that upon anyone else, but at the same time, I don't want to be sitting there at my own wedding with a lunchbox while everyone else has a yummy buffet. :(

How about a tower of cupcakes??? Some just normal and one or two suitable for you and as they will all be slightly different anyways so no one will have to know. I went to a birthday that had them and they went down really well.... she has celiacs too! x

https://www.cakes4fun.co.uk/weddings/towers.php

like these???

:wedding::cake::happydance:
I'm soooo having that!!
THANK YOU!! :flower:

Perfect with my free packet of wedding napkins with our names and wedding date on!!

Free????? Where from???
I loves a bargain!!!
I got a leaflet in a wedding magazine I bought!! :D
I absolutely love free stuff!! :D
They look nice in the picture, white with silver writing. :D

I was going to get a magazine today but it was £6!!!! I'm just going to find stuff online me thinks!!!

I was going to get a magazine today but it was £6!!!! I'm just going to find stuff online me thinks!!!
I spent OH's christmas WHSmith voucher on mine!! :blush:
BnB is being naughty tonight, I couldn't get on here.

I've rung the church, and have a provisional yes, just waiting for the vicar to ring back now for a chat and to arrange to go round for a chat!! :D

I've rung the church, and have a provisional yes, just waiting for the vicar to ring back now for a chat and to arrange to go round for a chat!! :D

Oooohhh how exciting!!! Do you have a specific date? I'm so nervous for when I need to ring!

Oooohhh how exciting!!! Do you have a specific date? I'm so nervous for when I need to ring!
I was so nervous about ringing, but I spoke to the receptionist lady, and she was really lovely, although the vicar still hasn't rung me back, so thinking now she wasn't quite so lovely if she didn't pass the message on, and I'll have to go through the stress of ringing again, hehe. :D
How long should I wait before ringing again? Apparently the vicar was in a meeting when I rung at about 11....

Were hoping to have wedding on 26th June 2010, and hopefully the vicar will say yes to that day and not be busy!! :thumbup:

Are you going for a church wedding? :D

I was so nervous about ringing, but I spoke to the receptionist lady, and she was really lovely, although the vicar still hasn't rung me back, so thinking now she wasn't quite so lovely if she didn't pass the message on, and I'll have to go through the stress of ringing again, hehe. :D
How long should I wait before ringing again? Apparently the vicar was in a meeting when I rung at about 11....

Were hoping to have wedding on 26th June 2010, and hopefully the vicar will say yes to that day and not be busy!! :thumbup:

Ahh I dont know, I'm quite impatient! I would probably wait til about 2-3pm? Hopefully she hasnt forgotten to pass the msg on!

Is that a special date for you? or did you just decide to go for that? Have you found a reception venue?

Yeah we want a church wedding, its between 2, one where H2B parents got married, and the other where he grew up, (his parents still live there now) and his aunt & uncle got married. We want to go and have a look at both. Then we'll start lookin at reception venues. No particular date in mind, might just see when the church is available, quite like the idea of autumn wedding though, maybe sept?

It must be so exciting when you actually book the date! :cloud9:

Wow you girls are sooo far ahead with plans!!! My and H2B hhavent even decided what country to get married in yet???? I would like a church wedding but OH is jewish so not really possible. :(

Wow you girls are sooo far ahead with plans!!! My and H2B hhavent even decided what country to get married in yet???? I would like a church wedding but OH is jewish so not really possible. :(

Ha ha not really, I've only been engaged about a week! The church is the only thing we have a vague idea of!

So where do you think you'll get married then?

Ur guess is as good as mine hun... I've been looking at locations around where we live atm and i HATE all of them they are all really not us too posh too OTT. My OH want to marry in Rome but from what i can c about locations there the same thing...

I will find somewhere eventually but i know roughly what i want for everything else apart from where to actually get married!!!!

Ur guess is as good as mine hun... I've been looking at locations around where we live atm and i HATE all of them they are all really not us too posh too OTT. My OH want to marry in Rome but from what i can c about locations there the same thing...

I will find somewhere eventually but i know roughly what i want for everything else apart from where to actually get married!!!!

hhhmmm maybe start looking a bit further afield then, we want our reception to be at some sought of hotel, but small manor house type thing, not a big commercial one. My family all live couple of hours away, that way we can all stay over at hotel and have a champagne breakfast next morning. So if you went somewhere far away everyone could stay over at a hotel?

What colours are you doing? When do you plan to get married?

Ahh I dont know, I'm quite impatient! I would probably wait til about 2-3pm? Hopefully she hasnt forgotten to pass the msg on!

Is that a special date for you? or did you just decide to go for that? Have you found a reception venue?

Yeah we want a church wedding, its between 2, one where H2B parents got married, and the other where he grew up, (his parents still live there now) and his aunt & uncle got married. We want to go and have a look at both. Then we'll start lookin at reception venues. No particular date in mind, might just see when the church is available, quite like the idea of autumn wedding though, maybe sept?

It must be so exciting when you actually book the date! :cloud9:
Well it's been 9 hours now, so if nothing by tomorrow afternoon I'll give them another ring, I'm too impatient. :blush: I just want it all confirmed now so we can go and pay and then just start counting down!! :D We are having the reception at my mum and dads as were only having family, and I have coeliac disease so eating out is a bit of a nono. :nope:

I wanted a June wedding, so we just picked a saturday that sounded nice, and went from there! :D We picked this church as its where my nan and grandad go, and both my nan and grandad and mum and dad got married there, and me and my brothers were christened. :) September sounds nice, oh this is so exciting!!

Somewhere inbetween nottingham and london would be perfect... I grew up in london and moved up her 2 years ago (to the day) All OH's family and friends are in nottingham so somewhere inbetween would be fab!!!

I like the idea of everyone staying at the same hotel... It would be really fun then have some people travel on the day.... hmmm... Can i ask who would pay for it, would guest pay for there own rooms or you pay for everyone???

At the mo the theme in my head is ivory, bride, bridesmaids and flowergirl with dark pink accents so white flowers with a few pink for colour.... OH wants to be in grey (fine by me) but he also wants to carry a caine :nope:

Were looking at april 2011 atm but i think that will prob change!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->