**Newly engaged girlies!!!**

Wow you girls are sooo far ahead with plans!!! My and H2B hhavent even decided what country to get married in yet???? I would like a church wedding but OH is jewish so not really possible. :(
I'm too impatient. :blush:

Somewhere inbetween nottingham and london would be perfect... I grew up in london and moved up her 2 years ago (to the day) All OH's family and friends are in nottingham so somewhere inbetween would be fab!!!

I like the idea of everyone staying at the same hotel... It would be really fun then have some people travel on the day.... hmmm... Can i ask who would pay for it, would guest pay for there own rooms or you pay for everyone???

At the mo the theme in my head is ivory, bride, bridesmaids and flowergirl with dark pink accents so white flowers with a few pink for colour.... OH wants to be in grey (fine by me) but he also wants to carry a caine :nope:

Were looking at april 2011 atm but i think that will prob change!!
When I went to a wedding in Devon, we drove up the day before from Kent where we live, and went out for pre wedding dinner and drinks, stayed the night before wedding, then the wedding, then morning after wedding we all had breakfast together. All paid for by us. :)

Men have some funny ideas, don't they. :dohh:

Somewhere inbetween nottingham and london would be perfect... I grew up in london and moved up her 2 years ago (to the day) All OH's family and friends are in nottingham so somewhere inbetween would be fab!!!

I like the idea of everyone staying at the same hotel... It would be really fun then have some people travel on the day.... hmmm... Can i ask who would pay for it, would guest pay for there own rooms or you pay for everyone???

At the mo the theme in my head is ivory, bride, bridesmaids and flowergirl with dark pink accents so white flowers with a few pink for colour.... OH wants to be in grey (fine by me) but he also wants to carry a caine :nope:

When I went to a wedding in Devon, we drove up the day before from Kent where we live, and went out for pre wedding dinner and drinks, stayed the night before wedding, then the wedding, then morning after wedding we all had breakfast together. All paid for by us. :)

Ummm yes, He did originally want a 'pimp suit' and a hat with a feather but i managed to talk him out of that... the caine is taking more doing tho!!!

Oh and he wanted to call our daughter Diamond or Chandalier???? I think mine has some really really funny ideas!!

I've rung the church, and have a provisional yes, just waiting for the vicar to ring back now for a chat and to arrange to go round for a chat!! :D

Oooohhh how exciting!!! Do you have a specific date? I'm so nervous for when I need to ring!
I was so nervous about ringing, but I spoke to the receptionist lady, and she was really lovely, although the vicar still hasn't rung me back, so thinking now she wasn't quite so lovely if she didn't pass the message on, and I'll have to go through the stress of ringing again, hehe. :D
How long should I wait before ringing again? Apparently the vicar was in a meeting when I rung at about 11....

Were hoping to have wedding on 26th June 2010, and hopefully the vicar will say yes to that day and not be busy!! :thumbup:

Are you going for a church wedding? :D

Ahh I dont know, I'm quite impatient! I would probably wait til about 2-3pm? Hopefully she hasnt forgotten to pass the msg on!

Is that a special date for you? or did you just decide to go for that? Have you found a reception venue?

Yeah we want a church wedding, its between 2, one where H2B parents got married, and the other where he grew up, (his parents still live there now) and his aunt & uncle got married. We want to go and have a look at both. Then we'll start lookin at reception venues. No particular date in mind, might just see when the church is available, quite like the idea of autumn wedding though, maybe sept?

It must be so exciting when you actually book the date! :cloud9:
Well it's been 9 hours now, so if nothing by tomorrow afternoon I'll give them another ring, I'm too impatient. :blush: I just want it all confirmed now so we can go and pay and then just start counting down!! :D We are having the reception at my mum and dads as were only having family, and I have coeliac disease so eating out is a bit of a nono. :nope:

I wanted a June wedding, so we just picked a saturday that sounded nice, and went from there! :D We picked this church as its where my nan and grandad go, and both my nan and grandad and mum and dad got married there, and me and my brothers were christened. :) September sounds nice, oh this is so exciting!!

I wasnt sure whether you were uk or not when I said 2-3pm - wasnt sure if there was a time difference! ha ha

Yeah definitely give them another ring tomorrow, she probably forgot to tell them. Yeah I cant wait to start counting down, but it prob wont be for another couple of months til we book anything. Aaww that will be nice to be at your parents then, you only need to worry about if the church is free then, its nice to have one thats sentimental.

I am just so excited all the time - havent stopped smiling, I love speaking to other brides to be :happydance: :cloud9:

Ummm yes, He did originally want a 'pimp suit' and a hat with a feather but i managed to talk him out of that... the caine is taking more doing tho!!!

Oh and he wanted to call our daughter Diamond or Chandalier???? I think mine has some really really funny ideas!!

OH MY GOODNESS!! :haha:
Men are so very funny, yet so very odd. :dohh:

I've rung the church, and have a provisional yes, just waiting for the vicar to ring back now for a chat and to arrange to go round for a chat!! :D

Oooohhh how exciting!!! Do you have a specific date? I'm so nervous for when I need to ring!
I was so nervous about ringing, but I spoke to the receptionist lady, and she was really lovely, although the vicar still hasn't rung me back, so thinking now she wasn't quite so lovely if she didn't pass the message on, and I'll have to go through the stress of ringing again, hehe. :D
How long should I wait before ringing again? Apparently the vicar was in a meeting when I rung at about 11....

Were hoping to have wedding on 26th June 2010, and hopefully the vicar will say yes to that day and not be busy!! :thumbup:

Are you going for a church wedding? :D

Ahh I dont know, I'm quite impatient! I would probably wait til about 2-3pm? Hopefully she hasnt forgotten to pass the msg on!

Is that a special date for you? or did you just decide to go for that? Have you found a reception venue?

Yeah we want a church wedding, its between 2, one where H2B parents got married, and the other where he grew up, (his parents still live there now) and his aunt & uncle got married. We want to go and have a look at both. Then we'll start lookin at reception venues. No particular date in mind, might just see when the church is available, quite like the idea of autumn wedding though, maybe sept?

It must be so exciting when you actually book the date! :cloud9:
Well it's been 9 hours now, so if nothing by tomorrow afternoon I'll give them another ring, I'm too impatient. :blush: I just want it all confirmed now so we can go and pay and then just start counting down!! :D We are having the reception at my mum and dads as were only having family, and I have coeliac disease so eating out is a bit of a nono. :nope:

I wanted a June wedding, so we just picked a saturday that sounded nice, and went from there! :D We picked this church as its where my nan and grandad go, and both my nan and grandad and mum and dad got married there, and me and my brothers were christened. :) September sounds nice, oh this is so exciting!!

I wasnt sure whether you were uk or not when I said 2-3pm - wasnt sure if there was a time difference! ha ha

Yeah definitely give them another ring tomorrow, she probably forgot to tell them. Yeah I cant wait to start counting down, but it prob wont be for another couple of months til we book anything. Aaww that will be nice to be at your parents then, you only need to worry about if the church is free then, its nice to have one thats sentimental.

I am just so excited all the time - havent stopped smiling, I love speaking to other brides to be :happydance: :cloud9:
Church is £595 which includes the service, bells, organ playing, the chior, all the paperwork and certificates and the whole thing on video, and the church decorated in flowers. :) And so now we only have to worry about food, and clothes, and photographs, which is fab!! :D

I love speaking to others here too, means I don't keep boring everyone else. :dohh:

Ooohh yeah in between would be quite sweet. I always meet my mum and sisters in Leicester to go shopping because its half way.

I think itll be so fun, everyone staying there together, itll make it last longer too, I wont want it to end! We couldnt afford to pay for everyone - do you think its cheeky for people to pay for their rooms? I was thinking though, when we go look at the venue I'm going to ask if they will do a discount on the rooms, seeing as we would be potentially booking a fair few.

A caine :rofl: I think you've done well so convince him to lose the feathers etc, keep workin on the caine ha ha! Why dont him and his mates go out dressed as pimps for his stag do - to get it out of his system??

Church is £595 which includes the service, bells, organ playing, the chior, all the paperwork and certificates and the whole thing on video, and the church decorated in flowers. :) And so now we only have to worry about food, and clothes, and photographs, which is fab!! :D

I love speaking to others here too, means I don't keep boring everyone else. :dohh:

Ooohh thats well good! My little sis does wedding videos www.unveilingmemories.co.uk so she'll be doing it for us as a wedding present. Wow that includes flowers and everything - that is a bargain!

I love it too!!! Although my wedding won't b for aggggeeess!!!

ooh maybe I should do a thread to promote her business? Are we allowed to promote stuff like that?

Ooohh thats well good! My little sis does wedding videos www.unveilingmemories.co.uk so she'll be doing it for us as a wedding present. Wow that includes flowers and everything - that is a bargain!
Now to get it booked and I can actually relax!! :winkwink:
Oh wow, they look lovely. :)

Is it possible for bridemaids to where a long white ish dress without being mistaken for the bride???

I love it too!!! Although my wedding won't b for aggggeeess!!!

Mine either! probably not till mid next year, which is like a year and a half away!!! Oh well lots of time to get excited and plan plan plan :happydance:

ooh maybe I should do a thread to promote her business? Are we allowed to promote stuff like that?

I wouldn't hun... They dont really like it unless you have paid for an adspace... just a warning you might get a slapped wrist....

Is it possible for bridemaids to where a long white ish dress without being mistaken for the bride???

I think thats ok, maybe with a coloured sash though? in one of your wedding colours? I think if the brides dress is full and theirs isnt it would look nice... dont let the bridesmaids out do the bride though!!! ha ha!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"