NHS maternity pay?????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by katy1984, Jun 2, 2011.

1. katy1984

katy1984 proud mummy & pregnant

hi just wondered if anyone works for the nhs and know's what the maternity pay is? ive worked for the nhs for over 3 years now.just want to know roughly what money to expect when i go on maternity leave.A lady at work told me it basically works out at full pay all the way through and not to worry but i dont think this is right!?!?!

2. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Not sure, I am a teacher and my pay is full-pay for the first 13wks and then the stat pay of £125ish per week for the next 26wks then no pay for the last 13wks of the year:flower:

3. pink23

pink23 mummy to 2 x

HI i found this on a nhs website. hope this helps.
    • 8 weeks at full pay
    • 18 weeks at half pay + basic Statutory Maternity Pay on the understanding that the received payment will be adjusted to not exceed full pay.
    • 13 weeks + Basic SMP if due
    • 13 weeks unpaid leave .
    Ive looked mysel because i work for the nhs so want to know what I can get x

4. Rabbittchild

Rabbittchild Well-Known Member

I wish I had started work a week earlier than I'd be entitled to this as it looks quite good, sadly I got pregnant a week before returning to nursing so I think I'm only entitled to MA :(

5. hippylittlej

hippylittlej Mummy to a little girl.

my friend works for the NHS and got full pay for 6 months then statutory due to length of service which was just over 2 years. Check with someone within HR

6. glaciergirl

glaciergirl Well-Known Member

Interesting! I am in Local Government and I get:
    6 weeks: 90% weekly pay
    12 weeks: 50% weekly pay + SMP
    20 weeks: SMP
    I then have almost 7 weeks of annual leave of full salary (made up of bank holidays, carry over leave and 3 weeks of 11/12 allowance) that I tagged onto the end of the year.

7. hulahoop09

hulahoop09 Mum to lg and pg #2

I work in a doctors surgery and i get basic smp :( 6 wks at 90% then 33wks at £128 odd a wk.

Xx

8. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Its not full pay, no.

First 8 weeks is full pay, next 18 is half pay + SMP which can be pretty much full pay depending on what you earn, then 13 is just SMP. You can take upto a year off but the last few weeks is unpaid.

something like that anyway! I ended up being quite skint last 3 months last time so am planning on saving money up for it so its not so much of a struggle. I ended up being off for just over 11 months as I used 6 weeks of annual leave. 2 weeks before, and 4 after.

9. katy1984

katy1984 proud mummy & pregnant

thank you everyone :) ive just got to decide when to take maternity leave now lol! ill have some holidays to use aswell so i can finish sooner :) xxx

10. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

i do suggest working as late as you possibly can. You'll not regret it when its time to go back!

11. discoclare

discoclare Well-Known Member

I work for the NHS (7 years service). And the above was exactly what I received in maternity pay.