Night nappies

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
Not wanting to risk pee leaks etc overnight I have always used sposies

the last month or so this has backfired, I have had at least 4 nights a week with pee leaks; I've tried lots of brands and different sizes and I have had no success ; even when I've changed him in the night sometimes

So I've decided I may as well try using cloth overnight - I currently have cotton little lambs, terry squares and a few different pockets. Wraps wise I have pul or fleece. I'm just about to get from a friend 2 bamboo fitteds for the next size up and having just moved to th uk I can claim my council incentive of 60quid to get some fluff

what do you recommend for night nappies???

My favorites for overnight were BG pockets with both inserts, Bagshot row bamboo overnights, very baby simply nights. I could make almost anything work for overnight though with the right amount of stuffing lol, but I liked those because they worked well and weren't too bulky from too much stuffing

a lot of people like Close Parent Pop-Ins, which are bamboo and available from Waitrose as well as a lot of other nappy retailers. With the inserts and the Dri-Night booster I'd say they'd be pretty infallible. but bulky with all that, really bulky. and not cheap (pushing £20 with the night booster). and not so quick to dry, being bamboo. I have one and have only used it a couple of times, because Adam's clothes don't button round it (am going to get some nighties with elastic bottoms soon). for the moment disposables still work for us at night, only once had a leak and that was an hour or so after we'd got up.

aww i remember whe leyla was newborn i made her a little nightie with elastic on the bottom, well i say little it went past her feet lol, it was proper funky colours and i loveeed it, now it is on her winnie the pooh teddy cos its got too small :( might have to make her another one it was sooo cute!!!

x

oh grrrrrr, I had planned to buy those nighties with elastic from Mothercare but now I look again they are only available in newborn. :(

do the BG V3 really last overnight, with both inserts? we have some and I put both inserts in if we're going out and might be 5-6 hours or so, and they don't leak, but I can't imagine them going 8-10...

ive heard good things about bg v3 but we have the aio and i use that for nighttime, with a bamboo terry folded up inside and a microfibre cloth, it works brilliantly and not majorly bulky either, its one of my smallest nightime nappies, the smallest is my hemp nappy

x

Yeah ours were BG V3 and they would hold for 12hrs

do the BG V3 really last overnight, with both inserts? we have some and I put both inserts in if we're going out and might be 5-6 hours or so, and they don't leak, but I can't imagine them going 8-10...

Yes, my lo sleeps between 11-13 hours and they hold up (the v3). Sometimes they're pretty wringing wet but her skins been bone dry and no leaks :thumbup: I use both inserts provided and also a microfibre cloth folded inbetween. I just got a pack of the microfibre dusters you can get from poundshop/home bargains etc cost like £1 for 4 and they're super (tho word of warning wash them seperatly first because the clour runs :dohh:)

Hmmm, thanks. Interesting. I guess I could add an extra bamboo booster, and give the V3s a go.

I use the BG one also but i've found now that cushie tushies hold the most for me :shrug: Though i'm about to try some new ones that are meant to be 'amazing' so i got told but i forgot the name :dohh:

I have had great success with the bamboozles - if I know he needs extra, a hemp insert. So far, no leaks :thumbup:
xx

Thanks for all the suggestions - might invest in some BG after Xmas.

However I decided to take the plunge last night and tried with what I have....

I used a cotton little lamb with 2 folded boosters in the from and then the full length tongue, with a fleece liner and a totsbots fleece wrap - he went from 7pm to 8:30am without a change and no wet clothes!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
The nappy was VERY wet but his skin felt nice and clothes weren't wet although the fleece wrap felt slightly damp although I wasn't certain if it was or not.

Anyhow - think I need some more fleece wraps - ELLIE - I see you have them on offer but the piccy is pink, are they all pink?? Will have to have a better browse of Mammymade later

no theyre not all pink, u can pick whatever two colours you want from the fleece section :D

x

Ooo goody, off shopping!! Are they sized? If so do you know what size does Faerie gets for Sofia...

May have decided by the time you read this anyway...

Doh!! Just read - 1 size fits most!!!

theyre one size but for newborns i do a strip of velcro on the inside aswell so it can be folded down, and they have crossover tabs so should fit for quite a while, im not sure of weight range but leyla has been wearing hers for months and months and they show no sign of stopping fitting :D

actually thats a point that, anyone who does have one of my wraps can u pm me and let me know what weight range u reckon they are, so i can put something on the shop :D

x

When you say look in the fleece bit to choose is that in the fleece nappies section even though its for wraps or is there another bit I'm missing?

Also do I click that I want 1 or 2 wraps - coz I want 2 but on the offer but when I put 2 in it wants to charge me for 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->