Night time routine

lil-star

Reaction score
I really wanted to get one started with DS. He is still feeding every 3/4 hours even though he is 4 months, 2 months corrected. I was keeping him up until his 9 feed and then changing into jammies (bath every second night) and off to bed. Takes about 1/2 hour, 40 mins to get to sleep and then awake at 12.30 for next feed.
So tonight he was awake all day bar one quick cat nap so fed at 6 into jammies and off to bed by 7. So it's now 8.40 and he has been screaming for 40 mins. DH is up with him but it's just so disheartening not knowing what to do. Every book is completely non relevant with him being premmie, do you think it's still too early to be starting a night time routine?
BTW he still wakes every 4/5 hours during the night

never to early for a routine, bath, bottle and bed at 8 for mine :) x

When did you start your routine? Maybe I should try the bath every night but I don't know if he can just change his sleeping times... I should have read the baby manual ge came wuth

I have to say that i agree with bath, bottle, bed. We did this and it made a difference but our LO was slightly older, no harm in trying. I also changed from bottle in livingroom to bottle in her bedroom and putting her down in her moses basket inside her cot until i went to bed and then lifting the basket through to my room. It helped. Good luck!

Hi, we've had ours on a routine of sorts for a good while now and it's seemingly going well. We had to as I had to go back to work and ours are not too different in ages so I don't think there would be an age issue. We usually try to feed at certain amounts at certain times in the day so we have a big feed around 5pm. Then bath time at 6.30pm with a small bottle of a couple of ounces after, then off to bed around 7.30pm It did take a while for him to settle some nights at first but now he seems to like the peace and quiet when he's put down but still awake. The interesting thing is that whilst he loves the bath, he used to get really impatient for his bottle and the past few nights he's not been bothered about the bottle and just clearly wanted to go to bed.
The other interesting thing - he used to always wake up for a feed by 11pm, then around 2.30pm, then wanting feeding again at 6.30am. We started having to wake him for the 11pm feed but one night decided not to and see what he did and he woke at 2.30am. The night after he went to 3.30am. He also now feeds then goes straight back down. He is still noisy after that feed though and this morning has had me up from 6grrrr.
Don't be disheartened if your lo takes a while to get used to what you are trying to do - it did take us a few weeks but worth it now.

mine were a little older then yours, but my twins started sleeping right through when they was about 4.5months corrected, how many feeds does he have during the day? just try giving him his last feed at around half 7 n put him up stairs, he might sleep longer due to no noise etc, but i dont bath mine every night i do it every other, no harm in trying :) hope it works x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->