Nighttime Heavy Wetter

codegirl

Mom to Big E & little e
Reaction score
I have a 19 month old toddler and we have started having trouble with our overnight diapers.

We have been using the Mother Ease Sandy's since Edward was 2 months old without any problems. Recently he has started getting red skin overnight when wearing cloth. If we leave him in cloth for more than a couple nights in a row it becomes very rash like.

Any recommendations for what to use for a heavy wetter. I'm not happy having to use disposables at night but right now it feels like we have no choice.

Recommendations would have to be available in North America (specifically Canada)

Thanks!!

I use Wee Notions Night Notions, I don't know if they ship to Canada, sorry. But I also use a wool soaker, which we find is fantastic for our very heavy wetter. Wool allows the nappy to breathe, so moisture can evaporate away. We also use fleece liners at night, as we find they tend to keep LO's skin mostly dry.

Thanks Eala - question, do you put your LO in a sleeper/pjs at night? if so then how does the mosture evaporate without getting the sleeper wet?

We have her in a sleepsuit and sleeping bag. Honestly... I don't know the answer to your question, but the sleepsuit and bag are dry in the morning :shock: They are both 100% cotton, so presumably, being a natural fibre, that allows evaporation too?

I still find it amazing that she'll be dry from the wool out, but the nappy will be totally saturated.

To give you an idea of the nappy itself, in case you can get something similar on your side of the Atlantic! It's a velour outer, with a minkee-like inner. There is a pocket which gets a 4-layer bamboo terry insert in it. Then a tri-fold (so 6 layer) insert snaps in. This is topped with a layer of the minkee-like fabric, which I then put a fleece liner on top of. Depending on how much she has drunk in the day, I sometimes stick in an extra hemp booster too, just to help :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->