Nipple vasospasm

TX Mama

Wife and mom-to-be
Reaction score
So I have come across this condition but have not heard of it affecting women that are not breast feeding yet. I am only 18 weeks pregnant and have already encountered this on several occasions. I surf and the water is getting quite chilly as winter sets in. This seems to be when it flares up. It begins with just slight nipple pain and if I stay out it feels as if someone has pulled the nipple right off. When I get out of my wetsuit, they are blanched white and purple until the shower warms them back up. If I have been out for a while they will stay sore for up to a day after. Anyone else have this issue pre-breastfeeding? I hope this is not a sign of what's to come when I do start feeding...

I am 15+5 and have terrible nipple pain too. Reading your post has given me an idea about what it is but all the googling I have done suggests it only happens when breastfeeding.

I have sudden and intense pain in the nipples - like it is so cold it is burning. It lasts from between 3 and 15 minutes. I checked out the nipples the last time it happened and they were rock hard and purple.

There is no way I can endure this without some sort of treatment. I am seeing my migwife next week and will ask then. I too am dreading the breastfeeding if this is what it is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->