No apparent change to bump since 20 weeks!

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
I haven't posted bump pictures since I was about 16 weeks since my phone won't let me take pictures but once OH finishes mowing the lawn I'll use his SD card to show you all.
My bump hasn't seemed to have grown since 20 weeks and I'm wondering if that's a bad thing, or maybe I'm just not seeing it? I expected growth to be steady now but it seems non existent.
Could it be because I'm having a boy? I've also noticed I seem to be carrying really quite low. I've asked mt midwife but she just gave me the standard, everyone is different speech.

I carry quite low. Some days I'll feel massive and it's mainly bloat n I shrink back down again!

Sometimes I feel like I've 'popped' and I take a photo to compare and it doesn't look that different!

Everyone is different :) I'd say because he is quite low, it may not be noticeable in growth until the coming few weeks, when he'll be taking up more room and going higher!

Remember they're only really just starting to put on fat and get a bit chunky so you'll soon notice a steady jump in size.

Maybe use a tape measure rather than compared photos :)

I expected my baby to be much higher up by now and he's still snug right down low hiding away! So I bet that's it :)

I'm exactly the same gestation as you and I swear this is true for me too. I feel like my bump hasn't really grown for ages and it's at a standstill! Which is really annoying because I was quite a bit bigger with my first son and I expected to be even bigger this time but I'm not at all, I'm smaller! I want my bump to start growing again too!

When I was carrying my little boy, I remember the bump growing in fits and spurts. It would not grow at all for a few weeks, and then suddenly grow a lot in the space of only a week or two.

I said this to my husband the other day.... I just didnt feel like my belly was growing more than it had before. He said that he noticed it getting bigger but I guess I just don't see it. :( I was measured at 21 weeks and doc said I was on track, I go again on Monday!

:hugs: massive hugs to you all!!! I have been going crazy with worry - I am exactly the same gestation as you guys and my bump doesn't seem to have grown at all for the past few weeks/month or so.....

So reassured to hear I'm not the only one... Must be a stage ... It's amazing how much you forget from previous pregnancies....

:flower:

I'm not as far along as you but I haven't seen much growth in the last month or so but I measure around the widest point of my bump once every week or so and despite looking the same I have actually grown an inch and a half. So maybe start measuring yourself, you probably are growing but not being able to visibly see the difference.

How odd. I thought it might be because I'm having a boy and everyone has told me that majority of growth is in the third tri with boys. He has been so active the past couple of days. Loving it. I guess because we always see our bellies we don't notice the difference as much as others

Same here! Was worrying abt this yesterday. Feel like my bump is the exact same as it was at 20 wks. I think the belly grows a little less each wk after 20 wks though. I checked fundal height measurements and they said that the growth from 4-20 wks is faster than 20-40 wks.

I know a girl who is around 26 weeks and literally has no bump at all. She has a flat, firm tummy!!

I didn't get a bump until 25 weeks and even then it was pritty small I didn't get big until past 30 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->